Winchester Ranger ammo..

Graylon

For the life of me I can't find this stuff in stores and online everyone is out of stock... is there anyone who can help me find this ammo

I'm particularly looking for 45 acp.. this is an unbelievable round. I also would like to try 9mm

I think is called winchester ranger t

The t stands for talon

Wow. I have no info at all on it. If a quick Google search is of no help maybe your local gunsmith. I have not bought any handgun/pistol ammo for a number of years. Let us know if you find a source.

So, like you know, like take a quick photo of it and post it here? Do you have like the box it like was bought in? Where did you buy this?
My gunsmith has never heard of it... I was like wow

Most people ask about it have never heard of

It's my preferred round in my XD-S .45. Ranger-T, standard pressure. Dozens of good rounds out there. People get hung-up on the hype of better ammo. If it's good enough for LE, it's good enough for me, no matter who makes it. Besides, it was cheap; LE stock rotation.

Winchester Ranger Ammo

For the life of me I can't find this stuff in stores and online everyone is out of stock... is there anyone who can help me find this ammo

I'm particularly looking for 45 acp.. this is an unbelievable round. I also would like to try 9mm

I think is called winchester ranger t

The t stands for talon

Bulk Ammo will occasionally have Ranger ammo on sale. It is mainly found in 40 S&W; but occasionally they will offer it in other calibers like 9mm and 45.

Bulk Ammo will occasionally have Ranger ammo on sale. It is mainly found in 40 S&W; but occasionally they will offer it in other calibers like 9mm and 45.

Yup! Usually where I find it in 45ACP!

Not sure if they still do and am too lazy to check, but the FBI HRT's did use this stuff in 1911's, (a custom build pistol for them by Springfield Armory)...

Winchester PDX1 is the same thing different name. Both are bonded bullets which open up to incredible sizes with sharp talon like claws at the ends. Very deadly.

Winchester PDX1 is the same thing different name. Both are bonded bullets which open up to incredible sizes with sharp talon like claws at the ends. Very deadly.

Educate me please: Is PDX1 the same as Win Ranger T series? Only curious because T series was specified in the article I read about the FBI HRT using it.
Thx
~S

USAF(Ret)

Winchester Ranger is the name for a number of different products for the law enforcement market. The Link Removed is not bonded. The Link Removed is. The Winchester PDX1 Defender is bonded as well and for the non-LE market.

Here is the poster:

Link Removed

Thanks!
I'm thinking they are or were using T-Series +P 45 Auto. It looks like it has the deepest penetration & good expansion...

Also read that one can order the same 1911 but that the wait was around 1 year. No matter cause I don't want one!
If I were going to part with over $1800 for a 1911, I'd be more inclined to go for broke on a NightHawk Custom GRP...
I'm not at all sorry for lusting after one either!

But anyway, thanks so much for the poster !

Blessings,
~Smiddy

USAF(Ret)

Thanks!
I'm thinking they are or were using T-Series +P 45 Auto. It looks like it has the deepest penetration & good expansion...

Also read that one can order the same 1911 but that the wait was around 1 year. No matter cause I don't want one!
If I were going to part with over $1800 for a 1911, I'd be more inclined to go for broke on a NightHawk Custom GRP...
I'm not at all sorry for lusting after one either!

But anyway, thanks so much for the poster !

Blessings,
~Smiddy

USAF(Ret)

The model number of the Springfield FBI HRT 1911 would be 706397091118. It would be +$3000 and a 1911 that one can fight with, in contrast to a number of cheaper 1911s.

I am not sure why you are so focused on the dreaded FBI HRT with its shady history. You certainly can spend your life and money on copying whatever they carry or just use common sense. There are other options for handgun ammunition and for firearms.

The model number of the Springfield FBI HRT 1911 would be 706397091118. It would be +$3000 and a 1911 that one can fight with, in contrast to a number of cheaper 1911s.

I am not sure why you are so focused on the dreaded FBI HRT with its shady history. You certainly can spend your life and money on copying whatever they carry or just use common sense. There are other options for handgun ammunition and for firearms.

Thanks for the model #. If I win the lottery maybe I'll look into trying one!

I think I've been unclear about the HRT stuff. I'm not trying to copy them, but figure their testing standards are stringent enough that I can take a cue based on their choices.
I'd not likely pay that for a carry gun, but may try the ammo in mine...
If I had a huge budget, I'd likely use Wilson Combat or NightHawk Custom. More probable would be the purchase of a quality frame & slide and a custom build by my favorite armorer who happens to be married to one of my cousins and is opening a gun shop/gunsmith place soon:). When he gets up and running, I am going to have him build my dream rifle....

Thanks again for the info. I'll google the HRT and try to figure out what the "shady" stuff is.

L8R's,
~Smiddy

USAF(Ret)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back