Winchester Ranger ammo..

I'd not likely pay that for a carry gun, but may try the ammo in mine...

As far as ammunition selection goes, the Winchester Ranger T-Series is an outdated design. It is only around as decision makers in law enforcement agencies have to deal with senior management that doesn't want to let go of it. The Winchester Ranger T-Series is the descendant of the Winchester Ranger SXT, which is the descendant of the famous Winchester Black Talon SXT. The Winchester Ranger Bonded is the newest and better performing design. By the way, the same goes for Federal Hydra-Shok. The new design is Federal HST. Speer Gold Dot is good ammo as well.

Ask Vicki Weaver... Oh wait, you can't

Ha!
Yeh so there's accusations but I've seen no convictions, or actual charges for that matter.
Not to say they're definitely innocent, but that w/o convictions for anything....

If you happen to have links that have to do with "shady" stuff please share?
Thx,

~Smiddy

USAF(Ret)

As far as ammunition selection goes, the Winchester Ranger T-Series is an outdated design. It is only around as decision makers in law enforcement agencies have to deal with senior management that doesn't want to let go of it. The Winchester Ranger T-Series is the descendant of the Winchester Ranger SXT, which is the descendant of the famous Winchester Black Talon SXT. The Winchester Ranger Bonded is the newest and better performing design. By the way, the same goes for Federal Hydra-Shok. The new design is Federal HST. Speer Gold Dot is good ammo as well.

Ok thanks.
I'm actually carrying 230gr Hydra Shok.
Tested some Hornaby American Gunner 185Gr (?XST?) last week and it shot real well for me.

It'll be an infinite thing for me to try every dang 45 round, if I try, cause by the time I finish there will be more that have been introduced!

I'd expect Speer to be good too. I know their rifle bullets are!

I will grab a box of the Ranger Bonded to try out soon. Worst case I fire a box and decide not to buy more....there's no downside to firing a box of ammo!

USAF(Ret)

Ok thanks.
I'm actually carrying 230gr Hydra Shok.
Tested some Hornaby American Gunner 185Gr (?XST?) last week and it shot real well for me.

It'll be an infinite thing for me to try every dang 45 round, if I try, cause by the time I finish there will be more that have been introduced!

I'd expect Speer to be good too. I know their rifle bullets are!

I will grab a box of the Ranger Bonded to try out soon. Worst case I fire a box and decide not to buy more....there's no downside to firing a box of ammo!

USAF(Ret)

Why are you testing ammo and what exactly are you testing? What's your goal? Other than making sure that the ammo runs flawlessly, the ballistics of standard LE rounds (Federal, Speer, Hornady, and Winchester) have all already been tested.

Here are the tests for Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot LE handgun, rifle and shotgun rounds. Here are the tests for Link Removed. There is also LuckyGunner.com | Handgun Self-Defense Ammunition Ballistics Test and LuckyGunner.com | 38 Special and .357 Magnum Self-Defense Ammo Ballistics Test. There are also ShootingTheBull410's YouTube tests, tnoutdoors9's YouTube tests, and Mousegunaddict's tests.

There is also Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo.

My primary sources for LE ammo are SGAmmo, Ammunition Depot and US Armorment.

Here are more posters:

Link Removed
Link Removed

Why are you testing ammo and what exactly are you testing? What's your goal? Other than making sure that the ammo runs flawlessly, the ballistics of standard LE rounds (Federal, Speer, Hornady, and Winchester) have all already been tested.

Here are the tests for Federal HST and Speer Gold Dot LE handgun, rifle and shotgun rounds. Here are the tests for Link Removed. There is also LuckyGunner.com | Handgun Self-Defense Ammunition Ballistics Test and LuckyGunner.com | 38 Special and .357 Magnum Self-Defense Ammo Ballistics Test. There are also ShootingTheBull410's YouTube tests, tnoutdoors9's YouTube tests, and Mousegunaddict's tests.

There is also Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo.

My primary sources for LE ammo are SGAmmo, Ammunition Depot and US Armorment.

Here are more posters:

Link Removed
Link Removed

Awesome! Thanks.

Personal use testing. I just want to verify performance in and out of my gun.
I trust the ammo I carry with my life, so just like to be sure my guns like it and it performs well.

The things I look for other than flawless feeding are barrier penetration and expansion.
I don't make up gel or anything - it's been done for production ammo. But every pistol has a load it likes best. I am always checking to see if my pistol likes another round better than what I'm carrying at a given time. For instance, Critical Duty shoots very well for me, but I recently found that American Gunner gives me a little better accuracy. However, Critical Duty has better barrier penetration because of the polymer tip bonded HP.

Pretty much I just enjoy experimenting, and do it with every new firearm I buy :)

Thx again,

~Smiddy

USAF(Ret)

Winchester Ranger ammo became one of the types of ammo the progressives wanted discontinued as it was primarily designed and used by law enforcement. It actually had the designation Lawman on the box at one time. So to make the same technology available to the public they changed the name to PDX1 took off the talon designation and sold it as a personal defense round. Basically the same thing and just as deadly! Other ammo manufacturers did likewise. The Speer Gold Dot is also a bonded bullet with the tremendous expansion and the deadly claw like results. Both would protect your family well.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back