Winchester 94AE help

danielp

So I've borrowed a Winchester 94AE to use this blacktail season. Never used one before. I ran 20 rounds through it and I really like it. My only issue, i'm a big guy 6' 3" 220 and I have big hands, I find it really hard to fully seat the rounds into the magazine. I can't fit my fingers (or thumb) far enough in past the loading gate. Any tips?

I have a very similar rifle but I don't have this problem. If I did I would find a short length of wooden rod, pencil, pen, car key or maybe another cartridge (whichever seemed to work best) to push the round into place after it was started and partially in place.

I have a very similar rifle but I don't have this problem. If I did I would find a short length of wooden rod, pencil, pen, car key or maybe another cartridge (whichever seemed to work best) to push the round into place after it was started and partially in place.

:agree:What he says. In the field, I use other cartridges as that is what I happen to have handy, but any other small tool will work...

That's a nice handy rifle isn't it? I have small fingers but I had a devil of a time getting the dang bullets in, too. Using another bullet helps but mainly I realized that over time you just get the hang of doing it just right.

Thanks for all the advice. I'll probably cut a short piece of dowel and attach it to a string to keep it handy while out in the field. Great gun though! Just bought some Hornady LeverEvolution to test out.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back