Will there be a Federal CCW? or Reciprocity between all 50 states?

Glock Perfection

Will the bill that was short by two votes be reintroduced?

I hope not.. I don't want anything with gun rights at the federal level.. It should be a states rights issue..
If the Feds grant it, they can take it away, make it more restrictive, etc..

The problem is getting the states that don't want to grant civilians a permit because the have may issue laws, which means they won't issue a permit.

I hope not.. I don't want anything with gun rights at the federal level.. It should be a states rights issue..

Gun rights are not a states rights issue, and the Feds are not "granting" anything.

The right to keep and bear arms is a right no state should be able to suspend (as they have been doing). Laws like this only force these states into compliance with our Constitution.

Gun rights are not a states rights issue, and the Feds are not "granting" anything.

The right to keep and bear arms is a right no state should be able to suspend (as they have been doing). Laws like this only force these states into compliance with our Constitution.

First God, then The Constitution is where the states get their rights....
The original framers wanted a small federal government with limited powers. If you leave it with the states and you live in a place where you don't like the laws, then you have the option to move to a state where you do like the laws.. If you leave it to the federal gov't, then with every swing of the election, you run the risk of loosing (re-interpretation) of your rights..
You have to overcome the big population areas (they get more congressmen) which tend to be anti gun.
If you want to leave your ability to carry to San Fran Nan and the like, that's your choice..

I say leave it with the states and I'll battle it from there..
I like most of the Laws in Florida, where I live.. If there were to become anything National, I would surely loose something in the compromise..

Why are you so willing to allow the Feds to force certain states into compliance with our Constitution but not all states? The bill only covered certain states and was not a bill for all Americans, in fact only a few Americans would benefit from it. Get a bill that forces ALL states to honor the Constitution for ALL Americans going.

honestly I would prefer that firearms are not mentioned on capital hill until after the 2010 elections. It will just bring guns into the spot light during a time where congress and the president are only interested in taking away freedoms

I would love noting more than to see that happen. It would be a great day to see all 50 states uphold the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, but in the same breath I believe that with the level of federal control it would get more difficult to obtain a CCW/LTC and if the political climate swings the right could be brought to vote and the law repealed. So with that said I have to agree with Hootmon... NY and CA could have a say in how, when, and where? What type of weapon I carry… No thanks… I’ll do it the old fashioned way and just keep applying for Non-res CCW/LTC for the states that I can…

Hear! Hear! This is a start. True 2nd Amendment calls for Vermont/Alaska rules i.e. no license required.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back