Will Tennessee Become the Next Constitutional Carry State?

landnnut

Day 35: I plan to email my TN state legislators every day using Gun Owners of America easy to use system until these common sense Constitutional Carry bills are law and if you are a TN resident you should too.

Constitutional Carry legislation has just been introduced in the Tennessee State Legislature. Senator Mark Green has introduced SB 1483 and Rep. Judd Matheny has introduced HB 1748.

SB 1483 and HB 1748 specify that a person who may otherwise legally carry a handgun is not required to obtain or possess a license or permit from the state to carry a handgun in Tennessee.

In other words, you can carry a gun without registering yourself with the government or paying a permission fee.

After all, if you have to ask for permission, pay a tax and register yourself with the government, it’s not a right.

Constitutional Carry fixes that.

Urge your state representative and senator to cosponsor and vote for SB 1483 and HB 1748.

Link Removed

L&N nut Jon

This site is kind of hard to use. It doesn't seem to work at all on my old xp machine, and there's not a cursor on my windows 7 laptop.
L&N nut
Jon

Well, let's see how the RINOs will try everything to abort or poison this bill. Otherwise, Governor Haslam would actually be forced to sign it, which he really doesn't want to do. Remember, when we had the NRA Meeting in Nashville last year, Governor Haslam conveniently had to leave town for a speaking engagement in Knoxville. Meanwhile, the RINOs delayed the guns-in-parks bill through procedural measures past the NRA Meeting and Moms Demand Satisfaction had a rally during the NRA Meeting in the gun-free Riverfront Park in Nashville.

Candidate Haslam on Vermont Style (Permitless) Carry

I would like for this to pass since I live in Tennessee but don't think it will simply because there is to much money on the table with selling the sheep a permit.

And as expected, SB 1483 died in the Senate committee today thanks to two RINOs:

Significantly, it could be argued that two of the remaining Republicans Sen. Todd Gardenhire and Sen. John Stevens are solely and exclusive at fault for holding this legislation hostage in the committee. Sen. Gardenhire "passed" - that is he pulled a Barack Obama and was "present but not voting." Equally troubling but not totally unexpected was Sen. John Stevens who voted "no" on the bill. Those of you who live in the districts of these two senators - or anywhere in the state - should let them know how you feel about their actions (and you may even want to consider running against them in their 2016 primary races since both of them appear to be up for re-election this year!)

Sen. Todd Gardenhire
[email protected]
301 6th Avenue North
Suite 11A Legislative Plaza
Nashville, TN 37243
Phone: (615) 741-6682
Fax: (615) 253-0209

District Address
P.O. Box 4506
Chattanooga, TN 37405

Sen. John Stevens
[email protected]