Will I be denied GA?

Iamdagerman

I am looking to get conceal permit chatham county ga. I have 2 misdemeanor marijuana charge and 2 paraphernalia . 2 in 07 and 2 in 09 But the 2 in 09 where dismissed. The changes in 07 were on first offenders. CCan I still get a permit? I dont want to pay the money just to be denied

Georgia Code O.C.G.A. § 16-11-129 (2014):

(2) No weapons carry license shall be issued to:
(I) Any person who has been convicted of any misdemeanor involving the use or possession of a controlled substance and has not been free of all restraint or supervision in connection therewith or free of:

(i) A second conviction of any misdemeanor involving the use or possession of a controlled substance; or

(ii) Any conviction under subparagraphs (E) through (G) of this paragraph

for at least five years immediately preceding the date of the application;

You need to ask a lawyer, or at a minimum ask the issuing agency because the law is pretty confusing. It looks like a second conviction for possession of a controlled substance will disqualify you, but it may disqualify you for only 5 years.

The way I read the law is the first conviction disqualifies you only until you are released from jail and probation. The second conviction disqualifies you for five years from the conviction.

I used to smoke a little weed in the late 60's/early 70's. I sure hope you are done with that stuff. Although some states have made it legal, the only reason for making it legal is to buy votes. Pot is classified as an hallucinogenic and rightfully so. Truth be told, the law makers should have legalized cocaine first, at least it don't make you stupid. I would rather be on the road with drunk drivers than stoned drivers.

I am looking to get conceal permit chatham county ga. I have 2 misdemeanor marijuana charge and 2 paraphernalia . 2 in 07 and 2 in 09 But the 2 in 09 where dismissed. The changes in 07 were on first offenders. CCan I still get a permit? I dont want to pay the money just to be denied

A question like that needs to go to a lawyer, but I would not count on it, at least not right off, not sure about GA, but it would be no way in TN, may need to retain that lawyer

Kudos for leaving pot behind. Those states that have legalized it will attract the Birkenstock boys-n-girls from my era. I suppose newbies to it would enjoy some, "Danger Will Robinson" moments as well.

First post, welcome to the forum, and good luck with prior problems.

Nobody here presently smokes dope or takes drugs, as far as I know. It is a concealed carry disqualification. Whatever happens, keep your nose clean. ;-]

Take the advice here to consult counsel, and if not favorable, it is what it is...

You would go to this site instead of the State of Ga.? really.........Sure you've put the sheet down? Or ya planting seeds? Just curious.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back