Will be working in the Carolinas

junmard4th

Hello all!
Starting this month I will be working in NC and SC. If I'm not mistaken, NC has reciprocity for GWL while not for SC.
How can I move around SC with a firearm without violating their gun laws?
Thanks in advance.

Posted using my phone.

In South Carolina, you can keep a loaded handgun in the glove compartment or center console of your vehicle. Actually, you can keep it in any closed compartment in your car. The compartment doesn't have to be locked or even have a lock but it does need to be closed. In North Carolina, your reciprocity allows you to keep it just about anywhere.

In South Carolina, you can keep a loaded handgun in the glove compartment or center console of your vehicle. Actually, you can keep it in any closed compartment in your car. The compartment doesn't have to be locked or even have a lock but it does need to be closed. In North Carolina, your reciprocity allows you to keep it just about anywhere.

Actually, I don't believe this is entirely true. You must have a South Carolina or reciprocal state permit to have a hand gun in any compartment in your car. Without a recognized permit, you may keep a loaded pistol in a closed glove compartment, closed center console, or a closed container secured with fasteners in your trunk. If you don't have a trunk, the container can be stored in the luggage area of the vehicle.

Actually, I don't believe this is entirely true. You must have a South Carolina or reciprocal state permit to have a hand gun in any compartment in your car. Without a recognized permit, you may keep a loaded pistol in a closed glove compartment, closed center console, or a closed container secured with fasteners in your trunk. If you don't have a trunk, the container can be stored in the luggage area of the vehicle.
I think that's what @Throttletop is basically saying.

Posted using my phone.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back