Why you need a rifle

HK4U

Hope this has not been posted before.

It is tempting to only think in terms of what you need...or are likely to need. The liberal uses that argument to in hopes of eliminating certain weapons from the hands of civilians. "No one needs an AR-15" for example, is a chant not only of the liberal infesting this nation, but also of sporting oriented gun groups who cling to their polished blue bunny blasters while sneering at your parkerized black man-killer.

So, do you really need a rifle? Let's see if you think so when I am done.

America is a free nation (still that way in spite of so much effort devoted to changing that). A free nation is not based on the needs of its subjects, but rather on the wants of its citizens. An outside party, like a government let's say, establishing what you need is simply oppression by another name. They have no idea what you need...only of what they want to allow you to have. To recognize that free men can determine their own "wants" and then seek ways to fulfill those wants is to understand what a free capitalist nation is all about.

Freedom is not about owning guns, it is about being free to make money as your creativity and intelliugence allows. Economic freedom is protected and enhanced, however, by owning and carrying, and often using, guns.

When this nation was founded, that fact was well known to the founders. They had come from generations of people telling them what they "needed". So they set up a government to insure that all industrious men could pursue their wants....the "pursuit of happiness" as it were. And they set up a statement of rights to that effect. And knowing that whoever had the most physical power always makes the rules, they made certain that every man had a share in that power vis-à-vis the second point in that statement of rights, the Second Amendment.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

In National Treasure, Nicholas Cage correctly points out that "people don't talk like that anymore". Quite correct so -

"A skilled and well trained citizenry is necessary to keep a country free from oppression, so the right of the citizen to own and carry guns shall not be messed with"

Now what on earth would possibly affect the "Security of a Free State"? These guys had just defeated the greatest army on God's green earth at the time. Were they worried about the British coming back? Sure, to a degree, but what they were most worried about, and why they took such pains to write everything down, was of the new government becoming the oppressor in lieu of the British king. They wanted to make sure that the militia, which was every living human that could carry and fire a gun, was armed and ready to intervene should things get weird.

The second amendment is definitely not about John Kerry or Mit Romney dressing up in Cabela's finest red flannel duck hunter outfit and posing as "sportsmen" for the cameras. Every time I see such a spectacle it makes me want to vomit. The second amendment is about equipping an indigenous insurgency in the event of an oppressive political force. Its not about shooting ducks is it?

Now that is hardly anything the current "pro-gun" political associations, or sportsmen's groups will align themselves with, but it is a historical fact, and in such situations, we most certainly NEED as well as want all of the things we are told we do not need. One of these is the rifle.

Now, don't think like the typical legal CCW guy defending himself from some pimple-faced tee-aged meth-hed in search of your wallet. Rifles are not for this. Think of what these men might have needed, way back 200 years ago, to make sure their economic freedom - the only true security of a free people and a free state, was not messed with in any way shape or form.

Would they have needed pistols to keep "brigands" at bay? No.
Would they have needed shotguns to defend their cabins from native american home invaders? No. What they would have needed was the rifles of their day so they could use them to enforce their will through fire and smoke and lead balls.

The rifle is not about home defense or street protection. The rifle is about the projection of force. Its about forcing your adversaries, vis-a-vis violence and threath of death, to do what you want. The colonists didn't reason with the British, they forced them. Any group of organized men with rifles that has triumphed in a conflict, has done so by forcing the other side to comply by threat of force.

And understand this dear reader, from a historical context, freedom exists only because of the threat of violence backing it up. If no threat of violence exists, freedom is but an illusion.

Are you truly a free man? Only if you have two things. One is a rifle. Every American man worthy of the name needs a rifle. Preferably a rifle intended for fighting and not sports hunting, but in the end, any kind will do. Two is the skills to use it in a fight.

So I repeat the question to you. Are you a free man? If the answer is no, then go buy a rifle and then give us a call so we can fix the rest of the problem.
Gabe Suarez

One Source Tactical
Suarez International USA
Christian Warrior Ministries
Matthew 10:34 Think not that I am come to
send peace on earth: I came not to send peace,
but a sword.

I agree.

So what rifle(s) do you recommend?

:)

1. A main battle rifle (AR15, AK47, FAL, M14, etc)
2. A pistol caliber carbine
3. A sub-MOA bolt action in a heavier caliber than your chosen MBR (Rem Model 700, or Win M70)

Semper Fi The Riflemans Creed

When dad taught me to shot, it was with a worn .22lr and a Winchester model whatever .32special. But in the later months of 1967 I learned this:
This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.
My rifle is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.
Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.
From
Warrior Culture of the U.S. Marines, copyright 2001 Marion F. Sturkey

Great post, as always HK4U.

BTW Defender:
1. AR 15
2. AK 47
3. HK 91 (or PTR-91)

Any rifle used primarily in warfare. Consider reliabilty, rate of fire, and inherent accuracy. Bolt action combat is a thing of the past, and I feel sorry for hunters that don't have anything besides thier trusty hunting rifles, if and when we must stand up.
.308 is a great round, but expensive and heavy to carry.
7.62x39 is good too, but less accurate at longer ranges, and is getting more difficult to find.
.223 is accurate, light, and less expensive than many other calibers, not to mention pretty common.

Also consider the enemy force you would most likely be combating. What ammo do they carry?

the M1A and the AR15's have great accuracy right out of the box. the sig 556 is great too, i have not tested mine for bench rest accuracy yet but im sure it will do just fine. should you decide on a bolt gun i hear good things about the remington 700 Varmint tactical rifle which comes in 223 and 308 and a few other calibers as well:biggrin:

My choices

HK 91 Clone MBR in .308
Savage 10FP Tactical Bolt Rifle in .308

That way in a pinch...ammo is ammo and it will all work just not as accurately in some cases.

ALL my rifles are .308/7.62NATO for a reason.

Recommendations, I'm was not much of a rifle person however I have been bitten with BRD (black rifle disorder).

My current rifle collection;
  • MAK-90 (Komrade Klintonized semi-auto AK-47, it's going to be de liberated this month)
  • S&W M&P15R (AR-15 chambered in 5.45x39mm)
  • Marlin Camp 9 Carbine that's was liberated from Komrade Klinton the day the original AWB sunset with a Choate Folding stock.
I have three Essential Arms low shelf lowers AR-15 on the way to build three more AR-15s. At least one of the lowers will be used for a short barrel build after I get an NFA trust put together. The lowers should be here before St Patty's day.

I just picked up an AR10 and now I want an AR15 also. It's addictive. Life was simpler when I was just a handgun "enthusiast". :)

I just picked up an AR10 and now I want an AR15 also. It's addictive. Life was simpler when I was just a handgun "enthusiast". :)
Can't argue that. I bought my MAK-90 when they were on sale at Master's Shooters supply for $279 back in 1994. Put it in a case and never really touched it since. I probably could turn around and sell it for triple that now if I wanted to. Well BHO & Co have made me reevaluate my position on RKBA and ended up getting rifle, shotgun and NFA disorders in the process.

You haven't even started with BRD yet. Wait until you see all of the things you can do to one then you'll want to build some from scratch. You'll be able to put together the exact AR-15 to your specifications.

Don't worry, you'll understand, soon you'll be one of us. Other than the hit to the wallet, it is pretty painless. :laugh:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back