WHY would I?

sambo42xa

USA Carry Supporter
Ok, I was just informed by my the Wifey that We (and the Rugrats) are going to FL. end of Feb. (School Winter Vacation). She booked everything etc. I just told my buddy over here at work about it and that now I needed too look up information about bringing My firearm at the airport, you know, storing it; carrying it; bringing it on the plane and all that good stuff. His reply was............."Why would you bring your gun to Florida"? I replied, "first of all for protection of My Family", and also added (from HunterLee in another post), "I have a Permit, therefore I carry all the times. I did not get a Permit as a "Sometimes". He just shrugged and said, "whatever". These are the people who do not own firearms and have no clue about them. As tattedup boy said, "guns are not evil but people are".
I told my Wife awhile ago that I already looked up information for bringing My gun to FL. and She said, "you can bring it on the plane"? I told Her YES. This would be at Logan in Boston (We all know where that place is :rolleyes:). Anyway, I thought I would share THAT one with ya (the comment my buddy said). I think what I am going to do is start cutting out articles of BG's who kill innocent people just like the ones you all post on here and then see what He says.

I hope you enjoy your vacation. Nice weather, no income tax, and awesome gun laws. The only drawback is that there is no open carry, an option that would really come in handy in a climate like that. Is a trip to a range on the itinerary? Make sure you post some pics.

P.S. As long as you don't have any stops scheduled in PRNYC or PRDC you'll be okay. In fact, if your flight includes stops in any of those cities, get another flight. I'm serious; I've read numerous horror stories of passengers getting arrested in PRNYC for having guns in their luggage, even if they were declared and completely inaccessible to them while in flight.

Ok, I was just informed by my the Wifey that We (and the Rugrats) are going to FL. end of Feb. (School Winter Vacation). She booked everything etc. I just told my buddy over here at work about it and that now I needed too look up information about bringing My firearm at the airport, you know, storing it; carrying it; bringing it on the plane and all that good stuff. His reply was............."Why would you bring your gun to Florida"? I replied, "first of all for protection of My Family", and also added (from HunterLee in another post), "I have a Permit, therefore I carry all the times. I did not get a Permit as a "Sometimes". He just shrugged and said, "whatever". These are the people who do not own firearms and have no clue about them. As tattedup boy said, "guns are not evil but people are".
I told my Wife awhile ago that I already looked up information for bringing My gun to FL. and She said, "you can bring it on the plane"? I told Her YES. This would be at Logan in Boston (We all know where that place is :rolleyes:). Anyway, I thought I would share THAT one with ya (the comment my buddy said). I think what I am going to do is start cutting out articles of BG's who kill innocent people just like the ones you all post on here and then see what He says.

Your buddy sounds like he has the same logic that most anti's have and that is the "it won't happen to me" attitude. These folks are out of touch with reality.

Non Stop right to Orlando. Ranges? I do not of any out there, MAYBE someone on here knows of ony in the Daytona area?
Yes Glockster, you hit the nail on the head about my buddy.

Airport

Make sure and print out the TSA regs and Airline policies and take them to the airport with the pertinant info hi-lighted.

Sam,
If you go here: Link Removed and POINT to the Travel Links at the top, then select your airline, it will give you the pertinent requirements as THAT airline understands them.

It has been awhile but Volusia County had a nice public range just North of Daytona.
I don't remember the directions , as I said it has been awhile but it may still be there.
That is something I miss about FL. There were public ranges everywhere, not too many
in SC. Just a few around in the National Forests. Oh well maybe someday in my area!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back