Why would any American ever vote for Obama

C'mon nogods. You know I often support your posts. I respect your legal knowledge. But what happens if he wants to ban 9mm? At what point had he overstepped his constitutional authority? Where's the end-point.

Interesting comment, but it ignores that the majority of voter eligible people don't vote. Those who don't vote shouldn't complain about the results. Those of us who do vote can complain with clear conscience.

Choosing to not vote is different than being too lazy or apathetic to vote. It's been a lose lose situation for far too long.

Sent from my D6616 using USA Carry mobile app

C'mon nogods. You know I often support your posts. I respect your legal knowledge. But what happens if he wants to ban 9mm? At what point had he overstepped his constitutional authority? Where's the end-point.

When a president, any president, does something that someone believes is a violation of the constitution, we have a judiciary for them to petition to correct it.

I have no problem with someone who disagrees with what the majority of voters chose. But the losers of an election cannot with a straight face claim to represent the values of the majority. If they did, then their favored candidate would have won the election.

Neither does it mean that the values of the majority are constitutional or even preferable - but it does mean that the majority held those values rather than the values of the losers.

When I hear a right wingnut or a left wingnut claim the majority of Americans agree with their values, I know I'm not hearing a person with enough intellectual honesty to promote their values without the BS claim of being in the majority.

Moreover, such a delusion makes ultimate advance of the minority view all the less likely.

The civil rights leaders of the 1960's knew that the majority of people in Alabama and Georgia, and other states did not support equal voting rights for blacks. They knew they wouldn't get stat laws protecting the right to vote passed, so the focused on getting federal laws passed instead. Had they held the delusion that the majority of the residents of their respective states support equal voting rights they'd still be getting hosed back and dogs set upon them every time they tried to cross a bridge in protest.

When a president, any president, does something that someone believes is a violation of the constitution, we have a judiciary for them to petition to correct it.

I have no problem with someone who disagrees with what the majority of voters chose. But the losers of an election cannot with a straight face claim to represent the values of the majority. If they did, then their favored candidate would have won the election.

Neither does it mean that the values of the majority are constitutional or even preferable - but it does mean that the majority held those values rather than the values of the losers.

When I hear a right wingnut or a left wingnut claim the majority of Americans agree with their values, I know I'm not hearing a person with enough intellectual honesty to promote their values without the BS claim of being in the majority.

Moreover, such a delusion makes ultimate advance of the minority view all the less likely.

The civil rights leaders of the 1960's knew that the majority of people in Alabama and Georgia, and other states did not support equal voting rights for blacks. They knew they wouldn't get stat laws protecting the right to vote passed, so the focused on getting federal laws passed instead. Had they held the delusion that the majority of the residents of their respective states support equal voting rights they'd still be getting hosed back and dogs set upon them every time they tried to cross a bridge in protest.
As Thomas Paine wrote in "Common Sense" we can't continually be petitioning and arguing. Obama knows it takes years to impeach or even to challenge his executive orders. He stated 27 times on video that he has no authority to grant amnesty to illegals. His words. From a constitutional scholar. He did it anyway. While the illusion exists that we may petition the courts for justice the realty is that justice rarely comes from the courts, sound laws rarely come from the legislature and protection rarely comes from the police. Obama would prefer the country take its eye off the issues to chase him around Washington for acts that he knows are illegal? It seems almost treasonous. Thomas Paine's fears have been realized. We are now ridiculously going to petition each other into absurdity while our enemies grow stronger.
The original question was how would you feel if he banned all pistol ammo tomorrow? You side-stepped it. you would use the courts? They've become political schills. they're ridiculous. Exactly why I refuse to serve on a jury.

The question you pose has baffled me for many years now. One possibility is they were voting to be stylish -- and we have paid a hell of a price for it.

Dr. Dillner, I think many voted originally to prove we aren't racist and Obama has been doing everything possible to fabricate that we still are.

He gets a lot of help from the useful idiots that are the real problem then with the help of the media they turn the story around, fabricate their own narrative, and rally the remaining useful idiots.

Then Obama sends it Al, and Jesse, to stir the pot then follows up with Eric to close the deal.

The media relays the message to the useful idiots and Obama says the Government now needs to control the State and Local Police.

USSA on the way

Not sure if said and did not want to go through all replies so forgive me if repeat. I am Jewish so I believe I have a heads up in replying with my own brand of criticism of Jews. How in the world any Jew could have voted for this anti-semitic moslem the second time is beyond any thought that I can have that makes any sense. How in the world any Jew anywhere can even support this garbage is beyond me. How any Jew can support any democrat who supports this pathological narcissistic communist is beyond me. I am sick and tired of several friends, many relatives and even the synagogue that I supported for this insane support. I grew up in NYC and , if you were Jewish, you voted democrat, and you never voted republican because everyone knows that they are the "goyim". Sorry mom, sorry dad you were very very wrong.

Not sure if said and did not want to go through all replies so forgive me if repeat. I am Jewish so I believe I have a heads up in replying with my own brand of criticism of Jews. How in the world any Jew could have voted for this anti-semitic moslem the second time is beyond any thought that I can have that makes any sense. How in the world any Jew anywhere can even support this garbage is beyond me. How any Jew can support any democrat who supports this pathological narcissistic communist is beyond me. I am sick and tired of several friends, many relatives and even the synagogue that I supported for this insane support. I grew up in NYC and , if you were Jewish, you voted democrat, and you never voted republican because everyone knows that they are the "goyim". Sorry mom, sorry dad you were very very wrong.
Genocide is EVERYONE'S problem. The Jewish state must never be allowed to fall. Never forget the 6 million lives snuffed-out by hatred and insanity.

Dr. Dillner, I think many voted originally to prove we aren't racist and Obama has been doing everything possible to fabricate that we still are.

He gets a lot of help from the useful idiots that are the real problem then with the help of the media they turn the story around, fabricate their own narrative, and rally the remaining useful idiots.

Then Obama sends it Al, and Jesse, to stir the pot then follows up with Eric to close the deal.

The media relays the message to the useful idiots and Obama says the Government now needs to control the State and Local Police.

USSA on the way
I always considered anyone who voted for Obama BECAUSE he was black as a racist. No different then voting against him because he's black.

Genocide is EVERYONE'S problem. The Jewish state must never be allowed to fall. Never forget the 6 million lives snuffed-out by hatred and insanity.

If only the 1600 idiot and his henchmen would understand but they are too busy playing a stupid game of world politics ala Neville Chamberlain in the 30's w/that pathetic mustached joke in germany---only difference is that this is with Iran who are out for Israeli destruction and instead of tanks and guns it will be with what will amount to Armageddon. Their rationale, in their unbelievably naive and stupid mind, seems to be that Iran and its pals fear and will fight ISIS---that will allow our fearless king with no clothes to go play golf and not have to make any decisions. He is such a narcissist, that he did not even listen to the Israeli Prime Minister who knows more than him--that just is not in his mindset at all--he is the all knowing wizard of OZ. He is so childish and pathetic that his excuse was he did not listen because he knows what the Prime Minister will say--oh really schmoe? You make a statement like that without any idea what he is going to say--you love to lie since only you are allowed to lie. Any Jew who can support this turd is useless to me. Any friend of my enemy IS my enemy" I hate to say this but it starts to get easy to be an anti-semite with Jews like these who can support the destruction of America.

If only the 1600 idiot and his henchmen would understand but they are too busy playing a stupid game of world politics ala Neville Chamberlain in the 30's w/that pathetic mustached joke in germany---only difference is that this is with Iran who are out for Israeli destruction and instead of tanks and guns it will be with what will amount to Armageddon. Their rationale, in their unbelievably naive and stupid mind, seems to be that Iran and its pals fear and will fight ISIS---that will allow our fearless king with no clothes to go play golf and not have to make any decisions. He is such a narcissist, that he did not even listen to the Israeli Prime Minister who knows more than him--that just is not in his mindset at all--he is the all knowing wizard of OZ. He is so childish and pathetic that his excuse was he did not listen because he knows what the Prime Minister will say--oh really schmoe? You make a statement like that without any idea what he is going to say--you love to lie since only you are allowed to lie. Any Jew who can support this turd is useless to me. Any friend of my enemy IS my enemy" I hate to say this but it starts to get easy to be an anti-semite with Jews like these who can support the destruction of America.
I don't think it's naïvity. I believe it's intentional. He's in the tank for Islam. There's simply no longer any other explanation.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back