Why Women Are Buying More Guns

I know permit issues have jumped about 30-40% in my state. Why? Because of the ladies.

Women are in fact buying guns in record numbers, with a large increase from the public in general. People have started becoming much more situationally aware than ever, and they have recently come to realize that they are not safe, and neither the police nor government action can make them safe. Safety is a personal responsibility. People are finally beginning to get that.

I carry a gun because it is my God given right to protect myself. As a 70 year old grandmother, I realize I can no longer run away very fast from a threatening situation. I, also, realize that I am and should be my own "first responder". That being said, I buy more guns for the same reason I buy shoes. I want to. I like guns (Always have). I enjoy shooting everything from BB guns to 45's. I love my AR15 in 223. I have been a deer hunter in the past, but like my creature comforts over sneaking around in the woods after a buck. I have met the most interesting people at the range. Also, there is always something new to learn. I say "gun people are fun people" and I want in on the fun.

b330ceff255c69a2b9a2f2836711590d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have had the experience of a husband, someone I loved enough to marry, trying to kill me with his bare hands while his 14 year old brother screamed and begged for my life. If someone you love, and that person supposedly loves you, can attack you physically in that way, you can't possibly imagine the terror of a stranger doing it. My husband was drunk and the following day claimed he did not recall trying to do that. I am divorced. I learned from that experience that I will fight for my life; I am 4 ft. 9 inches tall and he was 6 ft. 2 inches. In the workplace I was "hemmed in" by a young man 6 ft. 4 inches tall whose goal in life was to get a woman alone and beat her to death. I had no path of escape. I have been trained beyond the class for my conceal-carry license. I chose to take the in-home defense class and the outside-the-home defense class. I have been taught about situational awareness. I now have more than one gun. In today's world you can't count on a man to be there to step in and be your protector. In one of my state's law books there was the statement that a police officer does not have a duty to protect an individual.

I wasn't too keen on weapons in the house when my kids were growing up, but I live alone now. True, I have a big dog, but that only gets you so far. Also, I want to go to more conventions outside South Carolina, and I plan on driving alone. So I changed. Now I want to carry and be ready for the worst-case scenario. Maybe that's what more women are figuring out, so they carry.

Follow the links to the links and you get to A New York Times/CBS News Poll on Terrorism and the 2016 Race, which gives you this little tidbit:
What has shifted notably are attitudes on gun control. Only 44 percent of Americans favor a ban on assault weapons, 19 percentage points lower than after the mass shooting in Tucson in 2011. And while 51 percent favor stricter gun control in general, that is down from 58 percent in October.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/u...ld-trump-in-new-york-times-cbs-poll.html?_r=1

In 1982 I had to shoot a man to save my life. I eventually wrote a book about it, and my subsequent experiences and training to become a certified instructor. You can read the story here: The Man I Might Have Killed | The Price of Liberty The book is free to anyone who asks for it. Follow the directions at the bottom of that web page.

I am now 70 years old, and far less physically able. I carry a gun all the time, everywhere I go. I don't ever expect to have to draw it... but if I find myself in that situation, I can and will do so. I train constantly for just that unlikely possibility, and teach others as well. Let's hope that the next four years will not find us in a race to prepare for an increasing danger...

Nothing gives a woman more equality than her pointing a .45 right between you eyes.

As a past concealed instructor in two states I am Happy to see you have the correct tool to do One Shot One Kill!!!!!

Oh boy! :lol:

One shot, one kill = head shots only = caliber is not important. :dance3:

So, now you are a past concealed instructor in two states. :big_boss:

FYI: Ringo sometimes carries a .380 ACP. Also, since you oppose open carry, Ringo sometimes openly carries his 1911. Your chest thumping posts are wearing off.

And good for them. Look at the world as we see it. Women are raising children on their own more and more because so-called "men" bailed on their responsibilities and women are the ones who are in the role of mother, father, and protector. Women are rarely given the credit they deserve for being smart, strong, capable human beings who don't need a "big strong man" to protect them.

The truth is, we need women in the ranks of the shooting community and we need to stop allowing the fat schlub behind the counter of the local gun store to try to sell them "cute" guns and trying to sell to their boobs. It's insulting to the ladies and should be offensive to any man worthy of being called a man.

My wife is an MD and there is no doubt that she is strong, capable, and guess what....she's armed.

Hell yeah ladies. Get armed, get trained, and if you can't be safe...be dangerous.

And good for them. Look at the world as we see it. Women are raising children on their own more and more because so-called "men" bailed on their responsibilities and women are the ones who are in the role of mother, father, and protector. Women are rarely given the credit they deserve for being smart, strong, capable human beings who don't need a "big strong man" to protect them.

The truth is, we need women in the ranks of the shooting community and we need to stop allowing the fat schlub behind the counter of the local gun store to try to sell them "cute" guns and trying to sell to their boobs. It's insulting to the ladies and should be offensive to any man worthy of being called a man.

My wife is an MD and there is no doubt that she is strong, capable, and guess what....she's armed.

Hell yeah ladies. Get armed, get trained, and if you can't be safe...be dangerous.

G-Day Frisco. I totally agree with every word you have written here. Women here are being raped, robbed, bashed and violated every day, why? because our limp wristed government has virtually disarmed the majority of our population, promising them that the police will protect them.

I still have my firearms, but what I and many others have had to go through to keep them makes most people give up. You probably know this already, but here in Australia, self defence is not a permissible reason to own a firearm. Our government has just spent millions of dollars beefing up security around parliament house and most have armed guards following them when they go out in public.

God bless America. "Self defence is God ordained."

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back