Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Gun Crime Rate In The World

fied1k

Why Switzerland Has The Lowest Gun Crime Rate In The World but lots of guns

It is a very interesting video ... but I did not see where it speaks to why Switzerland has the lowest gun crime rate in the world. Unless you are suggesting that the low crime rate is a byproduct of the mandatory military service requirement.

Let's not forget their very high standard of living. When you have money in the bank, the incentive to go out and commit the types of crimes we're talking about is pretty low.

There's a cultural factor as well. Most of them were raised in well-disciplined enviornments.

Let's not forget their very high standard of living. When you have money in the bank, the incentive to go out and commit the types of crimes we're talking about is pretty low.

There's a cultural factor as well. Most of them were raised in well-disciplined enviornments.

Well disciplined? I was in Bern, the capitol of Switzerland, with my daughter in October, 1997. The thousand-year-old brick Parliament building had grafiti all over it, and we saw a young man sitting, leaning up agaist the building, and with a hypodermic needle, shooting drugs into his leg. This was in the middle of the afternoon. They have a major drug problem.

Well disciplined? I was in Bern, the capitol of Switzerland, with my daughter in October, 1997. The thousand-year-old brick Parliament building had grafiti all over it, and we saw a young man sitting, leaning up agaist the building, and with a hypodermic needle, shooting drugs into his leg. This was in the middle of the afternoon. They have a major drug problem.

I didn't say they were perfect. Every society in the world has a seedy side. It's unavoidable. Some are just less seedy than others. Also, I wonder how many of those junkies you saw were born and raised in Switzerland and how many were homeless stragglers from elsewhere. I'll use my home area of S. Florida as an example....take away all the crime committed here by people who were born and raised in other countries and the crime rate would plummet.

I think the message of the video was a line near the end, "The key to freedom is the ability to defend yourself. If you don't have the tools to do that, you are at the mercy of who ever wants to take it away."

Yeah everyone has a gun issued by the government and everyone is in the militia. But the firing range is AWESOME! :biggrin: And a National shooting event is outstanding in my book. Of course it help when the entire population of Switzerland is smaller than the population of New York City. :laugh:

I love the part about the government supplying the ammunition. I wouldn't mind 50 rounds a week to go practice with supplied by the local government.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back