WHY oh WHY

AussieRogue

I did not if to put it here or in the joke section OK I can understand Britney. But what do they have against ACDC :laugh:

The article is from the daily telegraph newspaper from back home in Australia

Guantanamo Bay prisoners tortured by Britney Spears, AC/DC

Article from:
December 11, 2008 12:30pm

HUMAN rights groups and musicians are outraged that Britney Spears and Australian artists' songs are being used to torture prisoners in Guantanamo Bay.
The groups are protesting that blasting tracks such as Britney Spears's Baby One More Time, AC/DC's Hells Bells and Bruce Springsteen's Born in the U.S.A. into cells at high volumes for hours on end can cause the inmates longterm psychiatric problems.
Gallery: Britney Spears' highs and lows
Gallery: AC/DC' musical history
Now the musicians themselves have joined the fray, furious that their songs are being used to "break" suspected terrorists, reports the Daily Mail.
Rock musicians including Massive Attack and Tom Morello, guitarist with U.S. group Rage Against The Machine have joined a campaign against the practice.
According to an FBI memo, one interrogator at Guantanamo bragged that he needed only four days to "break" someone by alternating 16 hours of loud music with just four hours of silence.
The practice has been used often in the "war on terror", with U.S. forces systematically playing loud music to hundreds of its detainees.
Lt Gen Ricardo Sanchez, the former U.S. military chief in Iraq, said the aim was "to create fear, disorient . . . and prolong capture shock".

Listening to anything at high volume for a long time would get pretty annoying. I like AC/DC but after a while it would make you crazy.

When these people finally go home and people ask what happened, all they can say is..."Hiyut me bay-bee. Yah, yah. One-ah more time. AHHHHH!"

Those on the far left never cease to amaze me with their insistence that suspected terrorists be treated with kid gloves. Playing loud music, while annoying, can hardly be considered torture.

But what do they have against ACDC

I could say a number of things but lets just say I am old enough to remember when most music actually had a melody and a harmony and the singers usually really sang rather than screamed and did not cause you to want to bang your head against the wall.

What do they (the musicians) care???!!! Those same terrorists would kill them if given the chance!! What a bunch of pacifists!! They need to lay off the pipe and wake up!!!

Shoot they ought to be bombarding the prisoners with tracks from Slayer, Morbid Angel, and Cannibal Corpse, etc!!! :wacko: I can think of a lot worse that we could do to them:wink:

I could say a number of things but lets just say I am old enough to remember when most music actually had a melody and a harmony and the singers usually really sang rather than screamed and did not cause you to want to bang your head against the wall.

In that case, we can always let them listen to Enya.

You can be sure IF it was us in the cell, they wouldn't be playing any music at all. Possibly sharpening theirs knives. You do what You have to do........we are at War!

Those on the far left never cease to amaze me with their insistence that suspected terrorists be treated with kid gloves. Playing loud music, while annoying, can hardly be considered torture.

Yea but some of that music is torture for me to have to listen at low volumn!!! (LOL):help:

Maybe that's the idea. If they're listening to music that makes them want to do that, then they'll talk. Brilliant :wink:

If this breaks them down-go for it! Heck, when I'm in the local watering hole and some kids play the internet juke, I want to slit my own wrists. And that's after only 2 songs. :jester:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back