Why is Walmart Considered the Concealed Carry Cherry?

Not rude at all. I think it's popular because you are amongst many types of people in a high paced setting. You can fondle melons, shop for ammunition, pick up some toothpaste, and people watch. Its a great setting to become comfortable with "acting normal" in public.

Wasn't my first outing but I understand why a lot of folks choose it as their testing ground.

I like to fondle melons too

I spent 12 years in the Army as an infantryman from the time I was 18 until I was 30. I was kind of desensitized to carrying a weapon in public so, when I got my first CCL at 22, it wasn't any big deal to me

Ahh, I can't believe that no one told the truth....Walmart is the haven for all of us redneck gun lovers. You did your first carry there because it is the only place you go besides the bowling alley and McDonalds. LOL

I consider myself seasoned In owb carry. But I also went to wallmart on first day of ccw I don't know y???? Thank you now Im sitting here thinking y

......but when i had to go to the post office i kept my gun and gear at home being we can't carry there or have a gun in our vehicle even on post office property

I'm not sure about that "e". I think it's fine for customers to keep a firearm in their vehicle while they go inside to do business. (depending on "state" law about firearms in vehicles)

It's my understanding that employees of the post office cannot have a firearm anywhere on the property. In SC it's perfectly fine for me to keep my firearm in the car while I go inside & check my PO Box.

My wife is a federal employee BTW and there are several people that work in her office that keep their CCW in the car during work hours. They can do this because the front parking lot is considered 'public' parking & not federally controlled. However, the building & the back parking lot are for considered restricted by law and the public doesn't have any access.

-

My first carry was to a computer programming class. But after that I went to Wal-Mart because my wife wanted to go and pick something up. I think Wal-Mart might be the first for a lot of people to carry just because a lot of people go there. Occam's Razor.

I'm not sure about that "e". I think it's fine for customers to keep a firearm in their vehicle while they go inside to do business. (depending on "state" law about firearms in vehicles)

It's my understanding that employees of the post office cannot have a firearm anywhere on the property. In SC it's perfectly fine for me to keep my firearm in the car while I go inside & check my PO Box.

My wife is a federal employee BTW and there are several people that work in her office that keep their CCW in the car during work hours. They can do this because the front parking lot is considered 'public' parking & not federally controlled. However, the building & the back parking lot are for considered restricted by law and the public doesn't have any access.

-
The post office parking lot is a contentious issue. As written in the applicable CFR, even the lot is off limits. That is, when the USPS actually owns the lot.

Maybe the Bonidy vs USPS case will eventually change that, but don't hold your breath.

If I said my first walk cc was at Sam Smiths Hardware Emporium you would have no idea if what or where that was. Everyone knows Walmart.

My first time CC was at a park. That was because park carry had just became legal in Mississippi and didn't want any LEO issues OCing. What a pain in the butt that was.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back