Why I don't sell Diamondback firearms any more

HootenArmory

I am an FFL and SOT. I have decided not to offer Diamondback firearms for sale any longer. My business is built on customer service and I can not afford for my customers to endure the type of headache I just experienced with a Diamondback warranty claim.

Before I was a dealer, I bought a DB380 as a concealed carry firearm for summer months when I needed something small. It worked fine, then it started to get picky about what ammo I fed it. Eventually it began to have 1-2 malfunctions through each magazine fired. Upon inspection I found a broken trigger reset spring. The gun has a lifetime warranty, geat news right?
-
On 12/4/14 I sent the firearm back to Diamondback. At this point I am a licensed dealer so I have to include a copy of my FFL with the shipment.
I get a letter back about a week later stating that my firearm was recieved and processing should take about 3 weeks.
-
On 12/23 I noticed that it had been 3 weeks so I called DB. They said it was still out at the gunsmith and that they were backed up with repairs. The rep on the phone told me it should take about 6-8 weeks instead of the 3 stated in the letter.
-
On 1/13/15 it had been 6 weeks so I called again. The gun was still out at the gunsmith and they could provide no update, but they reminded me it could take up to 8 weeks.
-
On 1/27 it had been 8 weeks so I called again. At this point realize that each call to DB means about 30-45 minutes on hold waiting to speak to a rep. The gun was still out with the gunsmith. I was told to be patient because they were backed up due to the holiday season and they weren't meeting thier 8 week turnaround times either. The rep said they would notify me when a resolution had been made. I told them that as a dealer, if this is how they handle warranty claims, I was going to have a real problem recommending their products to my customers.
-
On 2/12 the gun had been at DB for 2.5 months, I was getting a bit frustraited. The rep told me that they had decided to replace the gun and that they needed a copy of my dealer's information so they could ship the gun out. I reminded them that I am the dealer (and the owner), she checked her call log and confirmed that they had a copy of my FFL from when I first sent my gun in. She told me a replacement would take 10-15 days to ship. I told her that seemed unreasonable, but that at this point I just wanted a gun back.
-
On 2/27 I called again because I hadn't recieved the gun. I was told that thier service computers were down and that they would call me right back. They didn't
-
On 3/2 I called them again and the rep told me she was seeing some strange notes in my file and that she needed to look into it and call me back. I didn't believe her.
-
On 3/3 I spoke to yet annother DB rep on the phone. He was helpful, but when he told me the replacement order had been canceled because they hadn't recieved my dealer's paperwork, I came unglued. He aknowledged that my records showed that my FFL paperwork was sent with the origional firearm and said his manager would hand carry my replacement order to ensure no further delay. I should have my new firearm in 10-15 days. I resisted the urge to light him up again, but instead asked politely if there was anything he could do to expidite this replacement since this was their error, he said no.
-
On 3/9 I was told they shipped the firearm. They could not provide a tracking number.
-
On 3/12 I FINALLY recieved the replacement gun. It was in a box that was 15% filled with product, 10% filled with a couple pieces of bubble wrap, and ~75% empty. The bubble wrap wasn't doing much good... Luckilly there was no damage from shipment.
-
A warranty is supposed to provide confidence in a product by reassuring you that if something goes wrong the manufacturer will correct the issue. It is no good it is such a pain in the ... that you dred using it.

Kel-Tec or Taurus TCP. People knock them both, but they are usually ranked with the Ruger LCP for reliability. Personally I'd pick the Taurus for the slide locking back on the last round.

L8R,
Matt

Never heard of Diamondback firearms myself, but I can tell you a really good warranty story. :)

Everyone seems to like to make bad jokes about the HiPoint pistols, and they are no fun to shoot I agree, but their customer service is about second to none. When I got my HiPoint 9mm, I had a problem when I went to dismantle it for cleaning. I used a punch on the little pin, and then couldn't find it. I quit working on the gun then, and wrote a letter to the manufacturer, describing my problem. A few days later, I got a phone call from the company PRESIDENT. :) He walked me through the process I used, and then said he'd send me new pins. He did that, and returned the $5. check I'd sent to pay for them and postage.

Now comes the funny part...

When I opened the envelop, I saw that I hadn't actually knocked the pin out at all. I'd merely removed the little bit of pain that had covered the pin.. It was a roller pin, and I could see right through it, but thought it had been solid and had flown out. No wonder I couldn't find it!! I called him back, and we had a good laugh about it. Oh, and he answered the phone himself when I called... must have given me his private line number. How neat is that?

And they will repair or replace that gun forever, it seems. I did sell it, finally, because it was a bear to shoot and no fun to clean. Now I have a 9mm HiPoint carbine. Same warranty, but I've never had a bit of trouble with it so far. And I got that one used.

I am an FFL and SOT. I have decided not to offer Diamondback firearms for sale any longer. My business is built on customer service and I can not afford for my customers to endure the type of headache I just experienced with a Diamondback warranty claim.

Before I was a dealer, I bought a DB380 as a concealed carry firearm for summer months when I needed something small. It worked fine, then it started to get picky about what ammo I fed it. Eventually it began to have 1-2 malfunctions through each magazine fired. Upon inspection I found a broken trigger reset spring. The gun has a lifetime warranty, geat news right?
-
On 12/4/14 I sent the firearm back to Diamondback. At this point I am a licensed dealer so I have to include a copy of my FFL with the shipment.
I get a letter back about a week later stating that my firearm was recieved and processing should take about 3 weeks.
-
On 12/23 I noticed that it had been 3 weeks so I called DB. They said it was still out at the gunsmith and that they were backed up with repairs. The rep on the phone told me it should take about 6-8 weeks instead of the 3 stated in the letter.
-
On 1/13/15 it had been 6 weeks so I called again. The gun was still out at the gunsmith and they could provide no update, but they reminded me it could take up to 8 weeks.
-
On 1/27 it had been 8 weeks so I called again. At this point realize that each call to DB means about 30-45 minutes on hold waiting to speak to a rep. The gun was still out with the gunsmith. I was told to be patient because they were backed up due to the holiday season and they weren't meeting thier 8 week turnaround times either. The rep said they would notify me when a resolution had been made. I told them that as a dealer, if this is how they handle warranty claims, I was going to have a real problem recommending their products to my customers.
-
On 2/12 the gun had been at DB for 2.5 months, I was getting a bit frustraited. The rep told me that they had decided to replace the gun and that they needed a copy of my dealer's information so they could ship the gun out. I reminded them that I am the dealer (and the owner), she checked her call log and confirmed that they had a copy of my FFL from when I first sent my gun in. She told me a replacement would take 10-15 days to ship. I told her that seemed unreasonable, but that at this point I just wanted a gun back.
-
On 2/27 I called again because I hadn't recieved the gun. I was told that thier service computers were down and that they would call me right back. They didn't
-
On 3/2 I called them again and the rep told me she was seeing some strange notes in my file and that she needed to look into it and call me back. I didn't believe her.
-
On 3/3 I spoke to yet annother DB rep on the phone. He was helpful, but when he told me the replacement order had been canceled because they hadn't recieved my dealer's paperwork, I came unglued. He aknowledged that my records showed that my FFL paperwork was sent with the origional firearm and said his manager would hand carry my replacement order to ensure no further delay. I should have my new firearm in 10-15 days. I resisted the urge to light him up again, but instead asked politely if there was anything he could do to expidite this replacement since this was their error, he said no.
-
On 3/9 I was told they shipped the firearm. They could not provide a tracking number.
-
On 3/12 I FINALLY recieved the replacement gun. It was in a box that was 15% filled with product, 10% filled with a couple pieces of bubble wrap, and ~75% empty. The bubble wrap wasn't doing much good... Luckilly there was no damage from shipment.
-
A warranty is supposed to provide confidence in a product by reassuring you that if something goes wrong the manufacturer will correct the issue. It is no good it is such a pain in the ... that you dred using it.

Hi HootenArmory,

My name’s Nick, with Diamondback Firearms. First, we’re very sorry that you’re unhappy with the service you received regarding your DB380. We’d like you to know that during the time you were experiencing issues, our customer service was not being handled by us. We’ve come a very long way since then and have now brought our customer service in-house and have received many compliments on it.

We’d really like to make this right and restore your confidence in both our products and our company. We’ve reached out to your armory and left a voicemail in hopes that we can discuss and find a way to do so.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back