Why do you choose to live in your state?

chroode

Hi,

I'm curious. What is your reason, for where you live? Did you move there because of favorable gun laws? Why do you not move to a better, more gun freindly state, if your's is too restrictive? Is family (that you probably don't talk to much anyway) the reason? If you were to move, would the state's gun laws effect your decision? I live in Arizona where open carry is allowed without a permit, and CCW is encouraged with a permit. Just curious. Have a great day.

I'm a San Diego transplant. Here were my reasons back in 1992;
  • Firearm laws, this was before Nevada went shall issue
  • Taxes; no State income tax in Nevada
  • Economy; cost of living
I will only live in a State out of the lower 48 that has no State income tax, shall issue CCW and has no State restrictions on class III/title II/NFA firearms so outside of Nevada that leaves Florida, New Hampshire, South Dakota, Texas and Wyoming.

Netentity,

Glad to see you live in a pro gun state. I originally lived in NY, choose to live in Arizona. Would no way move back to NY or most any of those east coast states that try and ban guns.

Born and raised in Texas. Out side of the heat and sometimes the humidity it is overall a good state to live in. If and when I ever do move it will be to a state with four distinct seasons and more mountains.

Actually I guess what I am asking is, does the gun laws influence where you are presently living, where you are moving to, or why don't you move if you don't like them.

Actually I guess what I am asking is, does the gun laws influence where you are presently living, where you are moving to, or why don't you move if you don't like them.
It does affect me and was one of the key factors for me moving from CA to NV back in 1992.

Being a gun friendly state helps to keep me here but is not the only factor.

I guess im lucky cuz ive always lived in Indiana. I know when I get out of dental school and am choosing where to practice I will definetely choose a place with favorable gun laws.

I live in the Gunshine state.... Need I say more.

Actually I moved down here after my Mom and Grandparents moved here. No snow, Beach, Surf, great gun laws, can ride my motorcycle year round. Who could ask for more.

There are alot of lakes around here. Started swimming at 4, Playing Hockey at 5, Waterskiing at 8. Then fishing all year. I have made a great living in the special purpose automation and robotics industries.
I am thinking about heading out, I know there are places I won't consider, NY, Mass, NJ, CT, Maryland and the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. Montana is intriguing.....

Uncle Sugar said, "The job is in Georgia, how bad do you want a paycheck?"

After being here for a few years, I figured out it's a gun friendly place, more so than where I was raised in New Mexico. (No class, GFL came in the mail in a week) No mountains though, nothing like the Rockies...and lots of humidity and bugs.

Aside from our gun laws, there's salt- and fresh-water fishing, hunting, swimming, diving, skiing, boating, shorts & T-shirts in the winter (don't forget the summer outfits). Who wouldn't want to live in Florida?

I have family here.. there is good hunting and fishing. if I moved I would pick a state that do not require registration of firearms period.

I moved to Nevada from Kalifornia in '02 to take a job where I didn't have to pay state income tax and the cost of living and quality of life was better. The gun laws are a huge plus too.

im here partly because of family they have lived in the same area for 400 yrs ,partly because its is a realy nice area ecept for winter time ,if it wasnt for a bad state goverment over taxing us and slowly takeing away our rights it would be a much better place to live,im just takeing the good and bad i would like to go south in winter and come back in summer but florida is way over crowded as it is and rgv in texas is way to far to go.

Aside from our gun laws, there's salt- and fresh-water fishing, hunting, swimming, diving, skiing, boating, shorts & T-shirts in the winter (don't forget the summer outfits). Who wouldn't want to live in Florida?

Hey Jarhead,
It looks like I will coming down to the Redneck Riviera this summer sometime. My folks have had a bunch of shares in a timeshare over in the "Luckiest Village" for about a thousand years now so I get down there a couple of times a year. When i know when I am coming I will have to drop you a line.

I just know my g/f would be thrilled at the prospect of meeting a fellow "gun nut" I met on the internet.
:biggrin:

Because the worth of my house hasn't increased enough yet for me to sell it for a profit and get the h*ll away from here!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back