Why do people hate lawyers?

I guess that is pretty self-explanatory. I dislike them because because companies and rich people can hire lawyers that I would not be able to employ in a million years and they are good enough to make a jury listen to the most hairbrained nonsense...

I despise them because it requires a lawyer to get you out of the kind of trouble you would never have gotten into in the first place if it wasn't for lawyers. Some folks have told me they fear and do not trust cops. While I get along fine with cops, I feel that way about lawyers. If you know a cop, ask him or her how they feel about lawyers. You will get an earful. I do not believe trial lawyers know (or care) about right and wrong. They win, or they lose, and that is all that matters. Aside from the attorney fees, of course. Should you be forced to defend yourself with a weapon, I assure you: your question will soon be answered. Your attorney will make you mortgage your home to pay for his "service". The other one wants to put you in prison. Any other questions?

I guess that is pretty self-explanatory. I dislike them because because companies and rich people can hire lawyers that I would not be able to employ in a million years and they are good enough to make a jury listen to the most hairbrained nonsense...
I don't hate lawyers. And they can make a jury listen because that is what they went to school for. They are well-trained in each area of expertise they mastered on. Lawyers who I do not like (hate is a strong word...I do not hate anyone....) are those that are ineffective and inefficient who accepts your case then bungle each and every one of them in the fight for justice. This is from experience recently with sonny boy's case. As soon as I heard words came out of his mouth, I knew he will not do the job well and we will lose our case. It is very good that the bestest best friend of my husband is a lawyer. He did most the work that this lawyer of my sonny boy has whom hubby had hired. They were taken in. They lost their case. Then our lawyer friend recommended one who is really brilliant and boy! he does know his area very well., if not, he recommends someone who does. They are winning now. We had known him for many, many years now. In short, not every lawyer is bad...but sometimes you just need not be taken in too easily...

I don't hate lawyers. And they can make a jury listen because that is what they went to school for. They are well-trained in each area of expertise they mastered on. Lawyers who I do not like (hate is a strong word...I do not hate anyone....) are those that are ineffective and inefficient who accepts your case then bungle each and every one of them in the fight for justice. This is from experience recently with sonny boy's case. As soon as I heard words came out of his mouth, I knew he will not do the job well and we will lose our case. It is very good that the bestest best friend of my husband is a lawyer. He did most the work that this lawyer of my sonny boy has whom hubby had hired. They were taken in. They lost their case. Then our lawyer friend recommended one who is really brilliant and boy! he does know his area very well., if not, he recommends someone who does. They are winning now. We had known him for many, many years now. In short, not every lawyer is bad...but sometimes you just need not be taken in too easily...
It is always nice to have a friend who is a lawyer to tell you who the good ones and bad ones are. You don't win 3 out of 3 by having bad ones.

It is always nice to have a friend who is a lawyer to tell you who the good ones and bad ones are. You don't win 3 out of 3 by having bad ones.

Yeah, I guess hate is a pretty strong word. It's usually the people that have been screwed over by one that really does hate 'em. I guess I can say I have no use for 'em..........as yet. Both of my daughters are attorneys, so I'd better mind my manners.

Though, I can see why the above client might legitimately(?)hate his.

Unfortunately, our legal system only seems to care about the law, not justice, and certainly not right or wrong! This is a failing of individuals however-especially jurors, who refuse to think for themselves & let judges and lawyers tell them how they must judge. See jury nullification.

Unfortunately, our legal system only seems to care about the law, not justice, and certainly not right or wrong! This is a failing of individuals however-especially jurors, who refuse to think for themselves & let judges and lawyers tell them how they must judge. See jury nullification.
+1......

Lawyers, especially criminal defense attorneys and divorce lawyers, are the most immoral people on planet Earth, period. Anyone who is able to sleep at night while making a living defending people who they know are guilty of murder, rape, and child molestation while destroying the lives of the victims in an attempt undermine their credibiliy is someone who is not worthy of my respect.

My best friend is an attorney. so I couldn't resist...

• Difference between a lawyer and a prostitute? She STOPS screwing you when you're dead.
  • DIfference between a Carp and a lawyer. One's a bottom feeding scavenger that eats anything... the other is a fish.
  • How do you tell a lawyer is lying? His lips are moving.
  • How do you tell if it is REALLY cold outside? A lawyer has his hands in his own pockets..
  • What do you call a lawyer gone bad? Your honor.
  • What do you call a judge gone bad? Senator.
  • What do you call a Senator gone bad? President Obama.
  • What do lawyers use for birth control? Their personalities.
  • Why won't sharks attack lawyers? Professional courtesy.
  • How does an attorney sleep? First he lies on one side, and then on the other.
  • How many lawyer jokes are there? Only three. The rest are true stories.
  • Two attorneys were walking out of a bar and a beautiful young lady walks by. One attorney turns to his associate and comments "Boy, I would like to screw her! The other attorney thinks for a second and said "Out of what"?

Lawyers, in the same boat as Used car salesmen, and real estate sales people... There are a few honest ones out there but the bad give the rest the reputation and seem to be in the majority...

According to the story the guy actually received the $4,950. Except it was held back from him to pay liens against him - in other words he had creditors with liens against him. His share went to those creditors.

Lets say you owe federal taxes. The IRS levies on your paycheck. You have been paid for your work, it was just taken by one of your creditors before you could get your hands on it.

It looks to me like a guy with a head cold recovered about $5,000. He paid nothing upfront, the attorney fronted all the expenses, and then when the deadbeat's share of the settlement gets taken by his creditors he blames it on his lawyer. Putz.

The whole legal system stinks. It is set up by lawyers for lawyers.
The average person is totally at their mercy!!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back