Why do people hate lawyers?

Why?

Well, for starters...

Casey Anthony
Orenthal Simpson
Bill Ayres
The pedophile who abducted and killed our little guy

My best friend of 30 years is a well known attorney. He hates lawyers, liars, lawyers more than me. Unfortunately they're a necessity in life.

There was a case a few years back, some destitute gal was found living in squalor, but when they moved her they found several hundred thousand dollars in her.... you guessed it mattress....

Some do gooder decided she could not take care of herself, so the legal system appointed a lawyer as her guardian, 6 months later she was broke and her legal counsel was several hundred thousand dollars richer.....

If this was an isolated incident then that would be one thing, but another version was on ABC just a few months back..... But it was two sisters and their mom.... sisters let the courts appoint someone as a guardian to their mom which had close to a million bucks, but a year later she was broke......

Us lawyers have a saying: "the only people who hate lawyers are those not smart enough to be one..."

Lawyers are unfortunately despised until an individual needs one to protect their rights, property, dignity etc...

Lawyers are unfortunately despised until an individual needs one to protect their rights, property, dignity etc...

But -- this is only because of our legal system (set up by lawyers for lawyers)!!
You can wash a pig's ass but it is still a pigs ass.

Lawyers are like nuclear weapons, you gotta have 'em because the other guy's got 'em, but when you break 'em out and start using 'em, it screws up the environment for everyone.

Honest lawyers are like baby pigeons. You know they have to be out there but no one actually sees any.

In Peru lawyers are called abogado's (mosquito's -blood sucking insects) or tiberon's (sharks)

The difference between a lawyer and a mosquito? One is a blood-sucking parasite. The other is an insect.

For me it's that they don't care about doing what is right. It's all about wining the case, even if they have to lie for their client. Interesting how they can lie for their client and not be charged with perjury. I don't know how some of them sleep at night. Lawyers cost all of us extra money in the goods and services we purchase. And don't forget most of the professional politicians and lawyers. Look how that has worked for us.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back