Why Carry?

A well written article with good reasons to carry.

Link Removed

I like her last few words...

Robbyn Mitchell said, "...Maybe I'll carry every day. You can't know. And that's the point."

Yup, that's the point!

I like her last few words...

Robbyn Mitchell said, "...Maybe I'll carry every day. You can't know. And that's the point."

Yup, that's the point!

Exactly!! And that is why I am always armed! Being a reserve LEO has it's advantages too, as I can carry in places where most people cannot; i.e courthouses, banks, post offices, airports, bars, etc. These types of places are off limits to even law abiding CCW holders. For the exception of these places, I would encourage everyone who can legally carry, to do so anywhere they are allowed. And at all times.

Exactly. I have said many times unless you have some way of seeing the future you need to carry always. Thanks for posting this. We need to keep reminding each other.

Her family will get used to her carrying. Once they see she does it with no ill effects for a while they'll get more accustomed to it, and eventually should come to accept it as normal and acceptable.

+1 here on a Great article. I too am the only one in My Family and close cirlce of Friends to have a CCW. Actually, one of my Friends said I looked ridiculous when he first saw me with a firearm attached to the wasteband of my pants. I told him, you never know in this day and age. He just shook his head at me like I was a "nut".
I'm baaaaaaaaaaack....................:to_pick_ones_nose3:

I would love to carry everyday but here in North Carolina the CCW law makes it hard to carry. Almost everywhere is off limits, like banks, state offices, school property including ballfields etc, bars,any place that serves alcohol. Plus if you stop for dinner and have a drink guess what you cannot carry... if you have any trace of alcohol in your blood you get charged.. Your blood alcohol must be 0.0000000 when carring. No trace period... so I guess all the bad guys have to look for are anyone out for dinner with the family and he or she has a glass of wine, guess what.. he can be sure they are not carring and if they are and something happens like they pull the gun on him they get charged with carring a gun while drinking... Plus where I live almost every establishment has a no guns sign and again if it is posted as such you better not be carring...

I would love to carry everyday but here in North Carolina the CCW law makes it hard to carry. Almost everywhere is off limits, like banks, state offices, school property including ballfields etc, bars,any place that serves alcohol. Plus if you stop for dinner and have a drink guess what you cannot carry... if you have any trace of alcohol in your blood you get charged.. Your blood alcohol must be 0.0000000 when carring. No trace period... so I guess all the bad guys have to look for are anyone out for dinner with the family and he or she has a glass of wine, guess what.. he can be sure they are not carring and if they are and something happens like they pull the gun on him they get charged with carring a gun while drinking... Plus where I live almost every establishment has a no guns sign and again if it is posted as such you better not be carring...

Some states are a lot harder than others on 2nd Amendment rights. After I left the Sheriff's Dept. I still carried most of the time before Texas passed their CHL. There are still some places here that are off limits that do not make any sense. For that matter most off limiit places make no sense. Drinking and carrying here is pretty much the same but I do not drink so not a problem. Guess a person would have to deside if drinking was important enough to leave you gun home or not. After all is said and done I still believe that it is Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Some over-the-counter medications have traces of alcohol, some cough syrups for example if I remember correctly. We must to be aware that those items might affect our blood alcohol level. Even if they don't contain alcohol, they might contain some form of narcotic or medication that might impair judgment. (Some cold/flu medications put me to sleep, just as if I'd thrown back a few.:redface:) Not only can they affect our judgment for ccw, but also for driving. There have been news articles about taking sleeping medications and then driving to work in the am while still under their influence. Life can be risky, for sure!

Thanks for sharing that article. She is a very smart girl. I carry everywhere I legally can. As she said, you never know

Very well written article. Carry everywhere the law will allow. Go to a higher alert status in areas where carry isn't allowed.

Glockster, I salute you. I know what it is like to be a reserve. After I got out of the radio room (I started as a dispatcher) and went into the jail, I became a reserve. It was great back then, The sheriff gave me split days off so I could attend the academy. I would work my shift in the jail, go out with a deputy as a reserve, and attend the academy. I could learn something and then see how it worked in the field. I was putting in 80 to 90 hours a week total. I graduated with the Academic Award, having averaged 95% on my written tests, and qualified on the range with a 297 out of a possible 300 points. (expert). They later changed the rules, now you have to graduate before you can ride or otherwise function as a reserve. I know how important the job you do is. Some people look down on reserves as pretend cops. You and I know that we perform (performed, in my case) a job that helps the department serve the public withou the financial outlay of a regular officer. My best wishes to you. Stay strong and stay safe.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back