Why? Because...

unwiredmedic

I'm a Paramedic. I've never responded to an "almost" shooting... that's what cops are for. Also, because I never pick up assailants, only victims. That's why enough for me. Thanks to USA Carry for spreading the word and posting the updates!

Hopefully, enough Americans will get with the program and the idea of self defense so that you will be "picking up" more wannabee assailants than victims. Then, when the wannabee assailants decide that another line of work would be less hazardous to their health, then you will be left with accidents and other mishaps rather than "man made mayhem".

... and we can ALL breathe easier. (... and if pigs could fly...... pork prices would really "soar"! LOL!)

GG

I'm appreciative that you are out there pickin em up. I was one of them once..... Victom of an old man who got disoreinted and tried to cross a four lane highway! Ouch!

They (paramedics) just couldn't figure out why I was so darned worried about my brief case!

Chicago Mayhem

Chicago Mayhem!

Chicago"s manic obsession with gun control is keeping it's citizens defenseless and as such, easy targets for the criminals! Now we have roving gangs of social media coordinated young thugs attacking tourists and the well healed on Michigan Avenue and the Gold Coast! A few good citizens with the right to carry would quickly put an end to this insanity! I'm moving out of Illinois as soon as I can!

Paramedics saved my life twice after cardiac failure. My doc says I lived because I'm young but it was the medics that kept me going. Had a couple heart surgeries and I'm good as new so hopefully I won't be seeing you guys. Hats off to you, take a bow.

I'm a Paramedic. I've never responded to an "almost" shooting... that's what cops are for. Also, because I never pick up assailants, only victims. That's why enough for me. Thanks to USA Carry for spreading the word and posting the updates!
I am confused here...do you also choose whether the victim is an Independent, a Democrat, a Republican or a Libertarian? Or if the assailant declared s/he is a Tea Party supporter, will you pick him/her up instead of the victim?

Hmmmmmmm.....just a thought....

You can always count on someone to read more into a statement than was said, but since it is text, and not audio or video, I suppose I can see some points, whether they are real questions or they are just ludicrous or argumentative.

Why I never picked up assailants... (rough estimate only) ~99% of armed assailants were cowards who left scene before being taken into custody and the other ~1% were already in police costody and the police were taking the armed assailant to jail or to the hospital themselves. (Again, this isn't a statistical analysis of my career, but that's what I remember of the literally tens of thousands of 911 calls I have responded to.)

In 100% of the cases, the assaulted were in more acute or critical condition or at worst, dead.

@Tucker's Mom: You don't know me. Don't presume to place a political agenda on my life. I have integrity. I have treated a mother who burned herself when she locked her three small children in a closet and poured gasoline at the door and ignited it. I never bothered to ask her political affiliation. I am not a judge, jury, or executioner. I am the person who shows up to help you with you crisis. She was well treated, and even given pain medications for her burns. She survived with moderate and mild injuries when one child died and the other two were critically burned over most of their bodies. When all was said and done, many of my colleagues commended me for treating her without prejudice when they weren't sure they could have themselves. I agree, you are confused, but about the wrong thing. Nothing I said in my OP would have even remotely ignited someone's ability to make such a senseless and debasing statement about another person whom you have never met or spoken with. In a more civilized society, I would have been within my rights to demand an apology for your libel.

You can always count on someone to read more into a statement than was said, but since it is text, and not audio or video, I suppose I can see some points, whether they are real questions or they are just ludicrous or argumentative.

@Tucker's Mom: You don't know me. Don't presume to place a political agenda on my life. .
Cool it, mate! I am responding to your statement wherein you said "Also, because I never pick up assailants, only victims. " How do you want me to think I should think? As an EMT, I am not implying anything else, nor being argumentative. I have friends who are EMTs too and I have never heard them said the same statement as you just did. I am not saying you do not have integrity either. If a doctor said the same thing, I will ask the same question as I asked you as in my post too. You can explain away the reason for your statement until you are blue in the face and I still will not understand why you said what you said. Helping someone in a situation or many in a situation is just that...helping. But choosing between who is the victim and who is the assailant is how I understood your statement as. And that is what I am confused about by what you said in your OP. 'Fact is, that sentence shouldn't have been there in the first place. Just my opinion. No bad feelings, just asking...
Cheers...and lighten up, will you?

Folks we get hot sometimes because we are adults with strong minds. we stand up for what we belive. But sometime we get mad.
and I got to tell you I am happy we do. we as a group can stand up to anybuddy. so remember
the only thing that evil needs to win is for good men and women to do is-------NOTHING.
shout and bang the drum. scream and kick, and lets make a world we want to live in fight for what you want.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back