why are we not hearing this discussion from politicians?

Some of it is about control. There are more law abiding gun owners, than criminals. They can not control criminals, but they can control the law abiding people. No law stops a criminal from committing crime, it does control the law abiding. The biggest problem, is this country is run by insane people.

Irritating when you try to share an article such as this but as soon as you move your mouse off of share it goes away. Gun control is not intended to control crime but is designed to disarm civilians thus making it easier for dictators to overcome any resistance to their agenda.

why are we not hearing this discussion from politicians?

First, may I assume you are pretty much talking about national (federal) politicians? Because just last night I saw a local news report where our state AG wrote a letter to Obama/Holder telling them (in more polite terms than I am here) to pound sand on any Executive Orders being enforced here concerning 2nd Amendment issues that don't comport with laws passed by Congress and signed by one President or another. Combine that with several states (including mine) having implemented new laws expanding 2A protections, and I have to conclude that several state-level politicians are having these discussions.

At the federal level though, the answer to the above question is so simple that many folks just miss it, I guess out of over-thinking it or something. Or maybe it's undeserved loyalty to the Republican brand-name, or another party/ideology. Whatever, the answer is, with *maybe* five exceptions in Congress, that they're all the same globalist, progressive oligarchs as most of us only think the Dems/liberals are. They are all working towards a one world government. They are all working under the same bastardized and completely usurped empty shell of the Constitution. None of them will ever do anything of any real substance and risk a purely constitutional stand against the abuses of the usurpers, and that even includes the three to five Congress-critters that might pass my basic scrutiny of their status as mostly constitutional adherents.

Why are we not hearing this discussion from politicians? Because, with very few exceptions, their continued power is more important to them than your rights ever were, or ever will be. It's not any more complicated than that.

Blues

Some of it is about control. There are more law abiding gun owners, than criminals. They can not control criminals, but they can control the law abiding people. No law stops a criminal from committing crime, it does control the law abiding. The biggest problem, is this country is run by insane people.

Ditto.

It's not about public safety. It's not about the safety of school children. It's not even about protecting us from our selves.

It' ALL ABOUT CONTROL over us. Not "some" of it. "ALL" of it.

Everyone answering this is right.I truly believe that this government's main goal is to bypass or destroy the one thing that made this country strong.THE CONSTITUTION.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back