Whoops - Officer shoots self...

Krohbar

Link Removed

Curious what weapon he was carrying that went off when dropped.

i have a browning 380 and it says in the manual i looked up on line as when i got it used it didn't come with a manual but it says it could go off if dropped so if i wind up carrying it after i get my certification i want a good snug fit holster i'm leaning toward the one pictured in the cc giveaway i will check prices at the next gun show in my area which will be my first time at a gun show btw... or order one on line from Link Removed or find similar for cheaper ...
i will also need to get a good belt too although i never was a fan of wearing belts but if i choose to carry i will need the right kind of stuff to do so in a secure safe way for sure as i certainly don't want to accidently drop my pistol and risk that chance

I would bet it is a .40 or .45 of some sort, based on what I know from local police. I am also curious who the maker is and what caliber for sure.

Will make me even that much more careful with any loaded (i.e., chambered) firearm - get a good grip on that sucker!

I don't think I would own a gun that might fire a cartridge just because it was dropped.
Most modern firearms are built with internal safety mechanisms that prevent this.

Well, it's that coupled with what I thought was the level of retention built into holsters officers are required to carry.

Well, it's that coupled with what I thought was the level of retention built into holsters officers are required to carry.

Atleast a Level Two. When Florida last year was thinking about open carry, the discussion was at Level 3 retention or no go.

He was off duty, at home, accidents happen, that's why they are called accidents. Glad no one on here has ever had an A.D. I am sure this couldn't happen to any of the armchair quarter backs!

He may have dropped it and pulled the trigger trying to catch it.....

Thats what I was wondering... I was taught (by my grandpa, admittedly- not an instructor) to let a loaded weapon drop if you drop it, trying to catch it could mean shooting yourself or someone else. The chances of it firing simply from being dropped seem much less than the chances of pulling the trigger while grabbing at it.

i have a browning 380 and it says in the manual i looked up on line as when i got it used it didn't come with a manual but it says it could go off if dropped so if i wind up carrying it after i get my certification i want a good snug fit holster i'm leaning toward the one pictured in the cc giveaway i will check prices at the next gun show in my area which will be my first time at a gun show btw... or order one on line from Link Removed or find similar for cheaper ...
i will also need to get a good belt too although i never was a fan of wearing belts but if i choose to carry i will need the right kind of stuff to do so in a secure safe way for sure as i certainly don't want to accidently drop my pistol and risk that chance

Shotguns are generally carried with an empty chamber because they are not drop safe. You might want to consider carrying that gun without a round chambered. This will slow you down so you will have to practice the "Israeli Draw". Even half a second can mean the difference in survival so I recommend that you acquire another (drop safe) pistol as soon as possible. It is better to carry a gun with an empty chamber than to not carry one at all. Make sure that you can chamber your gun one handed as you may be using the other to fend off an attack. I have never had to use my gun for defense but I have dropped one before. As important as the presence of a gun is for your protection is, the threat of dropping it is ever present. Your Browning can be kept as a BUG (carried with an empty chamber) or as a range gun.

CB makes a great holster and I love mine. There are a number of other brands that build very similar products but have a smaller advertising budget so can sell their product for less. Also CB has a factory seconds website that I wish I had found before I purchased mine. Crossbreed Holsters - Second Hand Holsters My brother has a King Tuck that he is pleased with. Women have different body types than men, (who knew?), and have different clothing challenges. You may find holster options that work for you and your style. YouTube has a number of videos on this topic. You might want to check out looperlawenforcement.com they have a number of holsters designed for women. They say there are only two things a criminal wants from a woman and one is her purse. I suggest on body carry. You have guns, holsters, ammo, training, and clothing choices ahead of you, just to name a few. Have a good time, I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back