Who thinks this is over kill for CC.

S&WM&P40

I was talking to Luke today and we got to talking about the S&W 460 lol. Some one told me as a joke to be a real man and carry the 460 for my CCW. I have no plans to do that at all and think the 460 is way over kill. Who thinks the same?

That depends. If you're only carrying it to impress someone while never having shot it before, then yes, it's overkill. I myself wouldn't carry anything larger than a .45, but to each his own.

LOL it was a joke... What the hell would you need a 460 for unless you are going elephant hunting or Ram or many other big game. For cc it's over kill unless you are being stalked by SUV's dead set on running you over lol.

It'll work great...

In Alaska...In bear country...where even the bears are armed and you are no longer at the top of the food chain LOL

LOL it was a joke... What the hell would you need a 460 for unless you are going elephant hunting or Ram or many other big game. For cc it's over kill unless you are being stalked by SUV's dead set on running you over lol.

I wasn't joking, though. Maybe I could have clarified myself a little more, though. I definitely would not carry this caliber in a heavily populated urban area, as the chance of overpenetration, even with HPs, is simply too great to justify carrying it there. I could see carrying it in bear country or in a thinly populated rural area. What I am wondering, however, is how in the world someone could conceal such a monster. Isn't a .460 more suited for open carry than for concealed carry?

P.S. Why is this posted in the off topic section? It deals with firearms, so shouldn't it be either in the pistols forum or the general discussion forum?

I wasn't joking, though. Maybe I could have clarified myself a little more, though. I definitely would not carry this caliber in a heavily populated urban area, as the chance of overpenetration, even with HPs, is simply too great to justify carrying it there. I could see carrying it in bear country or in a thinly populated rural area. What I am wondering, however, is how in the world someone could conceal such a monster. Isn't a .460 more suited for open carry than for concealed carry?

P.S. Why is this posted in the off topic section? It deals with firearms, so shouldn't it be either in the pistols forum or the general discussion forum?

well you have seen the video where the guy has all the guns and weapons including a shot gun on him so I guess with the right clothes this would not be that hard.

It's in the off topic spot because it was just meant for chit chat. not to be a real hot topic lol. yes in bear country it would be nice to have.

well it all goes back to what you are comfortable with... I mean if Goliath had a ccw... maybe this would be his weapon of choice:)

I saw a customer at my local gunshop...

well it all goes back to what you are comfortable with... I mean if Goliath had a ccw... maybe this would be his weapon of choice:)

I saw a customer at my local gunshop fully conceal a full size Desert Eagle 44Mag. IWB strongside. Granted this dude tipped the scales on the good side of huge but still...WOW:nhl_checking:

Carry what you want, just shoot it well and practice alot. Get new elbows ,hands shoulders ears and nervous system.I know people that carry 44 mags for ccw.:kiss3:

Does anyone here carry either a .50AE or a Smith and Wesson .500 for either CC or OC?

I had a .50 AE desert eagle with a thigh holster... I still have the holster but when I had to pay the amount of money it takes to get my investment licenses I had to raise money quick.. so the desert eagle got sold.. I really wanted to carry it though at least for a day, if I could.. I am sure the weight of it would get annoying after a couple hours. I still plan on filling that thigh holster again with another .50 desert eagle.. so hopefully I'll still have the chance to try it.

I had a .50 AE desert eagle with a thigh holster... I still have the holster but when I had to pay the amount of money it takes to get my investment licenses I had to raise money quick.. so the desert eagle got sold.. I really wanted to carry it though at least for a day, if I could.. I am sure the weight of it would get annoying after a couple hours. I still plan on filling that thigh holster again with another .50 desert eagle.. so hopefully I'll still have the chance to try it.

Good luck with that! Those Desert Eagles are expensive! That's too bad that you had to sell your last one, though.

I have thought about carrying my M1 carbine enforcer. I wonder if anyone makes a shoulder holster for them? for those of you that have never seen one I am posting a link.

Universal Firearms Corp.

You lucky bastard! Texas is great in that rifles and shotguns can be carried openly just about anywhere that handguns can be carried concealed. Have you ever open carried a long gun? How did it go for you?

You lucky bastard! Texas is great in that rifles and shotguns can be carried openly just about anywhere that handguns can be carried concealed. Have you ever open carried a long gun? How did it go for you?

I have never opened carried a rifle or shot gun myself. The enforcer though is classified as a pistol because the barrel is shortened and the stock removed and replaced with a pistol grip so one could carry it for a concealed handgun if he wanted to.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back