Who rides a scoot?

JJFlash

Seems a number of us ride. Thought it might be interesting to find out who the Knights of the Road are and what they dodge deer with.

I'll start: 05 HD Electraglide Standard; Gotta have all that fairing and stuff, cause it's cold-riding out here. Wear heated vests, gloves, etc. and sometimes ride whilst it's snowing (last May!).

I ride a HD Sporty right now. But I do not ride in the winter any more, Just getting to old for that LOL:pleasantry:

Here's my rides. 02 Yamaha R1:

m_ec038bc62a5176b96eb1e71de07809e51.jpg

smokin.jpg

And my fiddy. lol

SPECIALK.jpg

DSCF0322.jpg

DSCF0336.jpg

I ride a 97 Road King. The windshield, a fuzzy hat, and a scarf over the face does the trick well enough when it's cold. I've hit a couple of slick spots in the winter so now I don't ride if the forecast drops under 33 degrees.

Deer are spooky but it's the Elk and Moose that really pucker me up.

Gone Fishing
Link Removed

Caught in a downpour, 300 miles from home
Link Removed

Last edited:
2002 XL 1200C. My wife's is a 2001 XLH 883. Every time we ride she tells me I need a bigger bike. I don't argue with her even though I know it's because she really wants the 1200!

Link Removed

Yamaha Venture. I'll ride every month of the year, just not much in the winter. My bones are getting too brittle for that kind of abuse.

`06 Suzuki Boulevard (made the change, after 25 years of HD, about 4 years ago).
Wife rides a `05 Yamaha V-Star.

04 Heritage when weather is bad and 103 Screaming Eagle, 12" over springer, fat tired chopper the rest of the time. Ride most every week rain or shine. Draw the line in snow or ice. Heated gear the best investment I ever made.

'05 Heritage FLSTC-I, currently with 19,000 all-local miles on it. Commute whenever I can on the bike, trying to avoid the rain if I can - hunker down and bear it when I can't. Lovely Bride rides the same bike, but in a different color.

Got my jones goin' for a new Road Glide if I could get a good price for the Heritage.

Here's some pictures...

11-1-051b.jpg

EdandBike.jpg

2002 XL 1200C. My wife's is a 2001 XLH 883. Every time we ride she tells me I need a bigger bike. I don't argue with her even though I know it's because she really wants the 1200!

Link Removed

Uh...Hey, Lammo, go for it, son! Most of the time, getting the old lady to sign on is the problem for a lot of us. Yours wants you to buy another bike, well, you wouldn't have to hit me in the head with a 2 x 4. And let the little lady step up to a 1200, to boot. Sounds like win-win to me!

K~PB looks right on that C-Rocket,,, Ektarr definately belongs on the Haritage, but something is off with NDS's ride, maybe if it was red? :biggrin:

I had a Suzuki 1400 cc Intruder for about 15 years. Bought it new as a mid life crisis present for myself when I turned 40. Traded it for house remolding a couple of years ago.

'94 Honda Magna.. 70+K miles on her, she still runs like new..
Rode from Florida up to Knoxville last summer and up to Natural Bridge, VA this summer...
I hope to ride to either Texas or Eureka Springs Ar next summer, if the employment situation improves!!!

US129 - On the Dragon..

24b828p.jpg

BTW - I went for a ride today and now the wife is Pissed..

Scroll Down...

ff45sw.jpg

Uh...Hey, Lammo, go for it, son! Most of the time, getting the old lady to sign on is the problem for a lot of us. Yours wants you to buy another bike, well, you wouldn't have to hit me in the head with a 2 x 4. And let the little lady step up to a 1200, to boot. Sounds like win-win to me!

Amen to that. It will actually be easier to convince her to buy a new bike than a new gun! First trick is figuring out which one and then finding it used in decent shape. I'm leaning towards a Dyna or maybe a Softtail. Saw a blacked out Street Bob (FXDBi) that I really wanted but we just didn't have the cash at the time. Don't know what it is about the blacked out bikes that I like so much. Couldn't be that black guns (Glocks) and black rifles (Sig 556) have something to do with it now, could it?

Ford F250!

I guess that does not count. Back in the day I rode a GSX-R750 Suzuki. A crotch rocket that was a whole lot of fun.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BFerguson
Back