Which states does S.C. recognize now?

blume357@

So, about a month ago... some new law was passed that supposedly lets folks from Florida and a few other states carry in S.C. and will also ultimately let us carry in the same if those states have reciprocity...

now, how do we find out what states those are... none of the internet 'carry' sights have changed at all.

I'm thinking someone needs to contact the state's Attorney General and get some kind of answer.

So far the new law is a joke. Nothing has changed and no new states have been added since it was signed. Like I pointed out in the other thread they took SLED out of the picture and didn't say who would be making the determination on new reciprocity. Basically that was the only change in the law. The requirements didn't changed and I doubt that Florida will be granted reciprocity!

I sent an email to the Florida Dept. of Agriculture yesterday and got a quick response.... it is printed below. What it looks like is someone, still at SLED, is looking into it. I have to disagree with Redhat above, I can't see how Florida can't be recognized and then they give us the same.

Amanda Herring writes:

Mr. Blume:

I do not know when or if Florida will be placed on South Carolina's reciprocity approval list. Let me give you the latest news as to where things stand with regard to Florida-South Carolina reciprocity.

We have in fact already been in touch with authorities at the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED). I received a letter earlier this month from Captain Clifton Weir of SLED's Regulatory Services office. He was requesting clarification regarding Florida's eligibility requirements for a Florida Concealed Weapon or Firearm License for purposes of determining whether Florida was eligible for reciprocity with South Carolina. I furnished Captain Weir with specific information regarding the provisions in Florida law that require an applicant to submit a fingerprint card for a criminal background check and documentation of firearms proficiency.

Apparently, under the recent changes made by the South Carolina General Assembly, South Carolina will honor the concealed weapon licenses issued by another state provided that the other state requires an applicant to successfully pass a criminal background check and a course in firearm training and safety. It will be up to the authorities at SLED to determine if our background check and our documentation of firearms proficiency qualify us for reciprocity with South Carolina.

We will, of course, add South Carolina to our reciprocity webpage if we receive good news from SLED.

Please let me know if I can be of further service.

Amanda F. Herring, Supervisor
Florida Department of Agriculture

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back