Which Semi Auto...

HOGFVR

Been thinking of a semi auto (for concealed carry) in the near future:

These are one's I'm considering at this point.
Glock G30 or G36
Ruger's P345

...any others I should look at? (I don't want to break the bank)

(I should have put this in the /handgun-discussion/ forum. Maybe a Moderator can move it, thanks.)

I don't know, I'm not a connesieur (sp?) of fine handguns but really like my .45 XD. For me anyway, comes up on target very fast, stays on target while rapid firing, seems very accurate, and is very easy to field strip. I also carry a Taurus .45 1911, which I like a lot, too. Both retail about $600; some folks seem to sneer at Taurus, but I've found the 1911 to be completely trouble-free, fun, and accurate. If I had to choose, I'd go for the XD, just because it's slightly easier to conceal (if that's an issue). FWIW.

All I can tell you is that I really like my Ruger P345 I use a crossbreed supertuck or a fobus paddle holster. I have looked into getting other 45's but for the money I dont think you can beat the Ruger. I have well over a 1000 rounds through mine without glitch. But really get one that feels comfortable for you.

These are one of those "opinion" threads and everybody here has got one:biggrin: Glocks are excellent firearms; reliable, tough, accurate, easy to use, dependable and affordable. My suggestion would be to head down to your nearest gun shop and ask the salesman to show them to you. See how they feel in your hand, ask about the features, etc... hopefully your salesman will be someone knowledgeable. Keep in mind he will have an opinion too on which firearm he or she thinks is best. Again, weigh all the facts and see how they feel. If you can find a range/shop that will let you rent guns, then by all means see how they shoot. This will assist you in making your choice. Good luck!

Like Glockster said lots of opinions. As you probably can tell I am partial to HKs but I like Glocks a lot also. You get a lot of gun for the money.

Thanks!

I figured to get a lot of opinions, and I'll use those as part of my add to some pistols to research.

My purchase plans aren't until around Christmas so I'll be checking backoften.

I'll most likely check some out at Cabela's, but most likely will buy and get more in depth info from a couple other shops. Ponderosa Sports is about 35 miles from my place and worth the bike ride there.
Cliff knows his weapons and he sold me my SP101. I'm not sure if I can list his website here or not, but I did add it in the " List Of Idaho Gun Stores " Thread in "Idaho Discussion and Firearm News".
This is how he describes himself: "ON-SITE CONSULTANT: NRA Certified Redneck, Story Teller, Wilderness Survival Expert, Supply Sergeant, Arms Dealer, Back Country Guide, Bounty Hunter, Night Vision Weapon Instructor, 1000 Yard Sniper, Author, Lecturer, Traveler, Entrepreneur, Independent Contractor, Salesman, Retired Mechanical Engineer, Pain-In-The-Ass and Certified Bullshit Artist."
This is part of his display area:
Guns%20West%20Half%202.JPG
Guns%20East%20Half%202.JPG

I don't know, I'm not a connesieur (sp?) of fine handguns but really like my .45 XD. For me anyway, comes up on target very fast, stays on target while rapid firing, seems very accurate, and is very easy to field strip. I also carry a Taurus .45 1911, which I like a lot, too. Both retail about $600; some folks seem to sneer at Taurus, but I've found the 1911 to be completely trouble-free, fun, and accurate. If I had to choose, I'd go for the XD, just because it's slightly easier to conceal (if that's an issue). FWIW.

I could have written this post. I have both guns and like them a lot. I tend to lean towards the XD though.

I'll throw in the CZ line. Maybe something like the 2075 RAMI in 9mm or .40 s&w. If you are into plastic they offer the RAMI P. I think around $500-550ish.

RAMI207527jul70050001resized.jpg

I shopped and bought a Sig P232.....it's tried and true. Check out the stainless version with Hogue grip and night sights.

For the past couple years I've been carrying the Taurus PT140 Pro. I bought it specifically for CC. It's size and light weight are what sold it. It's the 2nd I've owned, the first being before the "Pro" generation of PT's. The 1st one I had took 2-3hundred rounds to break-in and was reliable & functional after that. The 2nd, the one I'm still carrying, the Pro model, didn't require any break-in. From the very 1st shot to the now 2000+ shots, I've had zero malfunctions. It's very easy to field strip, too. My only complaint is the long, not-so-smooth DAO trigger pull and the long trigger reset. Other than that, it's proven to be a great affordable firearm.

I just bought a Springfield XD40 in stainless 4-inch. When I have a proper LH holster and some range time, I'll be switching to it as my primary carry. I was debating between the Glock 23 and the XD40. I went with the XD because it's a little more ergonomic for my hand and I like the trigger system better. The other huge plus for me was the ambidextrous mag release! What a smooth shooter! Once the little bit of slack is taken up on the trigger, it fires as though it's a single action.

There's also this:
SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

P.S. The Taurus PT24/7 and the Taurus 1911 have been getting great reviews... they're not subcompact but apparently they're good guns

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back