Which Ruger 9mm?

m444ss

I've already got a full-size 1911 and a Ruger GP100 (.357/4"). I've been thinking of helping Ruger reach its "1-million guns in a year" mark by getting a pocket pistol - LC9. Then I was thinking of getting the even smaller, more concealable LCP (.380). Now I'm thinking of getting the SR9C because, although it's not as small, it weighs a bit more and I hear that recoil on the LC9 and even on the .380 LCP can be a little rough as they are so light. Does anyone have experience with the recoil of these guns, especially as compared to a full-size 1911 or a GP100 in 357? On the one hand, I don't feel a need to punish my hand; on the other, I find it hard to believe that even a very light .380 or 9mm kicks more than my .357 Mag.

Love my SR9C. My friend has the LC9 and I love it too but it does snap compared to mine. Also like the higher capacity mags that come with the SR9C.

It would be best, if possable, to try the small Rugers before buying one of them both the LCP and LC9 have substantial recoil, depending on your tolerance, you may or may not like them

Hey guys, I'm still a newbe here so hope u dont mind my 2 cents. I have
fired the LC9 and it has a good recoil as well as a snap in the trigger u
can feel in u'r finger. I got used to it but the first couple shots was a
bit unexpected. Personaly I carry the P95. With the right holster u dont
even know its there.

I carry the SR9 & my next pistol will be the SR9c. This way I can use all my mags in the SR9c & save a few bucks.
The SR9c will be easier to manage than the LC9 but harder to conceal. You can't get everything you want with one gun.

I recommend the SR9C. Bought an LC9 for my wife, and had a lot of trouble with it -about a 50% misfire rate. took it back to the dealer 4 times before they agreed to exchange it for something else. replaced it with the SR9C. very nice gun; the small mag is easy to conceal, and the bigger mag is good for a spare or for range work. it also fires every time the trigger is pulled, which is the main advantage over the LC9!

The LC9 is very nice to carry in pocket. Recoil is very manageable. It is very accurate.

My vote for 9mm carry

I have carried my P95, my SR9, and various Glocks. My all time favorite for size,shootability and quality is my SR9c. Great ergonomics, very accurate and much better trigger than my G19.

I have a SR9 and a LCP both are nice guns very accurate and reliable. The LCP is so easy to conceal it's hard to beat. It does have alot of kick for a 380 but its very manageable. I would rather carry the SR9 for the capacity but you really don't have to even try to conceal the LCP which makes it great for the summer.

I love my Rugers P89, SR9, and LCP. The LC9 is the next one on my list. I wanted to get it instead of the LCP but they were out of stock everywhere so I settled with the LCP and haven't regretted my decision once. Now to add the LC9to my collection.

For those of you recommending the Glock over the Ruger, I won't debate the technical merits of one over the other...everyone has an opinion. Even if the Glock were better, nothing wrong with a Ruger...AND...Ruger is going to donate $$ to the NRA for every gun bought this year...and that's the sort of company I want to support.

I haven't shot either of the other two Ruger 9's listed on here, but have an LC9. It is a bit snappy, but not uncomfortable, and easy to get used to. I apparently have one of the good ones as I've never had any issues with it. Goes bang every time, and kills paper plates like it's supposed to.

Like everything else and individual preferences, if you have the way to do it, try all of them before you pick one up. And definitely post what you bought and why you ended up going that way!

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back