Which is the best AR15 for the money

You care to adopt a son ? ..... Dad ?!? :p

This is actually the next toy on my wish list. I'd like to get one for my own birthday/christmas present. I'm probably going to get a Rock River Arms. I shot my dad's two days ago and loved it. I've also heard these POF are REALLY nice but a little pricey as well.

Link Removed

How much money are you planning to spend? What is the intended purpose for the gun?

Chrome lined and a Forged Upper and Lower are THE ONLY WAY TO GO. Stay away from DPMS Rifles they are complete and total crap. DPMS stands for, "Didn't Pass Mil Spec." I have heard good things about Stag Arms, I have yet to shoot one though.

Match or Two Stage Triggers are good if you are going to shoot nothing but competitions with them. For personal defense they can be problem if you plan on doing a lot training/shooting with them. There is a pin in the trigger assembly that tends to break and it can give you real problems.

I personally have a Bushmaster and a SLR15. The Bushmaster is all right, but I plan on selling it so I can by either a another SLR15, a Stag, or a Rock River. The SLR15 I own is a 11.5" barrel and I LOVE IT. I have put about 1000 rounds threw it and I have not had one single problem with it. Check out www.slr15.com they have rifles form about $900 to $2000.

Be careful about building your own rifle if you plan on using it for personal defense. I know a lot guys who built one, took it to some training classes and the gun crapped out on them. They didn't have everything in spec and it caused a lot of problems when the rifle got hot from shooting. They had to have a gunsmith go through the gun and put everything into spec. When everything was said and done, they ended up spending more money putting it together and having to have a gunsmith fix it, than if they just went out and bought one.

Go to as many gun stores as you can and ask all the questions you can about AR15's. There are alot of different models and configurations, so learn all you can. Remeber you get what you pay for. If you buy cheap you will probably end up buying twice.

Well, you guys have gone and forced me into my decision on whether to buy a new rifle or go to Cabo to scuba dive. Wait, I can do both if I don't take the wife to Cabo--boy is she gonna be steamed at you guys!:eek:

Well, you guys have gone and forced me into my decision on whether to buy a new rifle or go to Cabo to scuba dive. Wait, I can do both if I don't take the wife to Cabo--boy is she gonna be steamed at you guys!:eek:

Just buy her an AR also! That should smooth things over!

I am also thinking about the Sig. I know it is not an AR 15 per say but I have read some good things about it.

Just don't take your new rifle to Cabo.

spc :D

I am also thinking about the Sig. I know it is not an AR 15 per say but I have read some good things about it.

HK4U, Never shot one of those but what we can do is this. Go ahead and buy one and send it to me. I'll give it a good run through at the range and supply you with a range report.

Oh don't forget to send ammo! :D

HK4U, Never shot one of those but what we can do is this. Go ahead and buy one and send it to me. I'll give it a good run through at the range and supply you with a range report.

Oh don't forget to send ammo! :D

O.K. I am going out and pick up a few today. While at it I think I will get us a few of the Benelli M-4 shotguns also.

Enthusiast what is wrong with your bushmaster?

There's nothing wrong with my Bushmaster. After learning more about AR's I want one that has a forged upper and lower because they are stronger and more sturdy than die cast uppers and lowers. I was so impressed with how my SLR15 shot that I am leaning towards getting another one. Although I haven't decided on the barrel length. I can't decide between doing another SBR in a 14.5" barrel or getting a 16".

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back