Which is better? Protect yourself/family or remove criminal from face of earth?

A great many carriers are, for lack of a better word, too bloodthirsty. It comes from having too much ego invested in carrying the gun. It's also why they're found on CCW forums...

1621hm0_th.jpg
See sig line
2rz6t0g_th.jpg

I believe you can only shoot if you believe your life is in danger if that's the case why wouldn't you shoot them ?????????? Confused??????? Other than that they should never see your weapon

Pinnacle Safety:233596 said:
I believe you can only shoot if you believe your life is in danger if that's the case why wouldn't you shoot them ?????????? Confused??????? Other than that they should never see your weapon

First part: Agree.
Confused: No.
Second part: Disagree..

Yeah, a lot of folks here post stuff that boils down to "kill them all and let God sort them out!". How they would react in an actual fight is another matter but if they acted as they talked they would be in a lot of trouble very quickly. If you leave the rather narrow definition of justified self defense you might end up alive - and in for life.

A great many carriers are, for lack of a better word, too bloodthirsty. It comes from having too much ego invested in carrying the gun. It's also why they're found on CCW forums...

It is one thing to make a blanket statement but when you quantify that statement with plurals then you are in effect throwing us all under the bus for the sentiments of one or two keyboard commandos. Seldom do I agree with Treo, but I stand with his assessment of the nature of your post. Before you start calling CCW permit holders bloodthirsty consider this...LOOK UP SOME REAL CRIME STATISTICS AND SEE HOW MANY LICENSED CARRIERS COMMIT ACTUAL CRIMES INVOLVING FIREARMS! I truly feel sorry for your outlook as you seem to have the ability to find and bring out the worst in members of this forum with out actually backing that up with facts...as far as bloodthirsty goes if I am threatened or any member of my family is threatened with death or grievous bodily harm I can and will stop the threat using legally applied justifiable deadly force. I do not want to kill or execute anyone or anything...I just want the threat to stop. If the threat becomes one of the deceased in the process that decision was already made when the threat presented/projected lethal capability in the presence of my family or myself.

As for your call of bloodthirsty CCW I think you need to go back to the Brady campaign website and finish soaking up all the feel good literature...while you are at it see if you can find the most peaceful way to deal with a violent offender who wants your wallet and doesn't want any witnesses because he ain't going back to the joint...Good day sir!

Fortunately the Castle Doctrine is swinging the "legal opinion" pendalum back in favor of self defenders. As it should be. Maybe there really is some "justice" to be found in the US after all.

With me, however, there is no "hesitating" with an imminent danger of life and limb situation. If it's he or me, I'd much rather it be him. Thank you very much.

My concern, personally, is what I used to call my "rage factor". While I was never a combat, sharp end of the stick, trooper, what combat experience I did have (when able to DO something, rather than crouch in a hole and hope I didn't get a mortar round as a holemate) demonstrated to me that I got enraged when attacked. Kind of a "What the HELL are you doing trying to kill me??????" rage!

Like the time we got ambushed in a convoy and while everyone is taking cover behind the trucks or in the defilade ditch on the far side of the road, your's truly, like a damn fool, is standing in the O-ring of a deuce and a half, banging away with a .50 cal for all he is worth with steam pouring out of his ears. Took my SNCO yelling at me to get out of there before I skeedaddled to a safer AO. All I could think of was to KILL the SOBs who had the audacity to try to kill me. DUMB!

I sincerely hope that "berserker" mode has been dwindled away by time to something of a lesser intensity. But, having not had the opportunity (?????? Better: Misfortune) of having to test the theory, I really can't say for sure.

A home invasion? Wow, man. THAT really would put me to the test of attitude, and could turn me into an enraged executioner, I don't know. I simply hope I can expend my ammo on targets that don't breathe for the rest of my natural life. Rather than to tempt fate.

Just sayin'.

GG

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back