Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Leather

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Polymer/Plastic

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

NorthCarolina_CWP

Hello everyone,

Im interested to find out what material everyone prefers their holsters be made out of. I like nylon IWB holsters because the material is more comfotable to me then any other.

What about you,and why?

Last edited:
I voted leather, but I also have Kydex and Uncle Mike's holsters. I use the leather just because they are more comfortable for my carry guns. I have heard that the tannins in leather can eat away at your finish. I don't know if that's true, but you can see a lot of holster wear on older guns stored in leather. Leather also has a tendency to retain moisture, a characteristic many probably do not want.

Hello everyone,

Im interested to find out what material everyone prefers their holsters be made out of. I like nylon IWB holsters because the material is more comfotable to me then any other.

What about you,and why?

I just ditched my nylon after nearly a year and a half. I got a leather one, and it's WORLDS better. The comfort thing's not an issue once it gets "broken in" to your body shape. Retention is better and I can actually grab the entire grip of my gun when it's fully holstered. Something that was IMPOSSIBLE with my nylon. I won't even talk about re-holstering superiority. Once you go leather, you'll never go back.

I have heard that the tannins in leather can eat away at your finish. I don't know if that's true, but you can see a lot of holster wear on older guns

Yeah Ive heard the samething about leather holsters,But thats on blue finish over time. Stainless steel is tough.

Any holster will wear down blue finish though. I heard they make some now with silk lining.

I voted leather, but I own all 3 and use them if the situation applies... I use the Galco summer comfort IWB the most. i have a blackhawk Kydex paddle OWB when it's colder, and I use my cheapo nylon hooked up to my cammelback when I'm biking.

Last edited:
I've tried all three. Leather is deffinetly my best choice.
Leather and firearms just go hand and hand. :icon_great:

I love the look and feel of a good leather holster but I do have a plastic one by Blackhawk that will probably last 10 times longer than my leather holsters.

I use Kydex since I make my own holsters. I like carrying IWB and I've found that Kydex allows me to draw and re-holster without any problems. I do use leather attached to the top of my Kydex holster for my Para Ord P10. It keeps the hammer from eating in my side.

Depends on the "mission" and method of carry. I'm mostly a "kydex" fan, though a good leather holster does have it's appropriate place.

gf

I didn't actually vote because I am not sure. I really like the look and feel of leather. However, I have been using a Crossbreed hybrid holster for about 2 weeks. It is probably the best holster I have ever had.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back