which .22 revolver

bronco

I'm looking at buying a light weight .22 and have narrowed it down to the S&W 317 kit gun airweight, Ruger LCR, and the Taurus 94.
The S&W is the lightest, followed by the Ruger and the Taurus, given the prices I saw, I don't think the Smith's two ounces is worth the $200 it cost over the LCR. The only thing I don't care for on the LCR is the concealed hammer, it'd be nice to be able to use it single action. I looked at a few of the Taurus .22s but in reading some reviews, it seems they can have issues ejecting spent casings.

I'm looking for some opinions from people that own any of these guns, and whether or not you would buy one again.

I have had a Taurus 94 for a little over a year now. Over 1000 rounds and not a single problem. It was the cheaper of the one I was looking at, at the time, and I'm really pleased with it. Great little gun.

Although I routinely warn people against buying a Taurus auto, I have no problem with their revolvers. I can't imagine paying $200 more for any .22 handgun unless it was really special in some way (i.e. a competition model, a limited edition, etc.).

Go with the Ruger or Taurus.....whichever feels better in your hand.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back