Where do you keep your firearms when sleeping

Mossberg 500 (primary HD)and current EDC. I put whatever I have been carrying that day in the forward holster. Just be very careful how you wake me!
Link Removed

Come on a half yard ???? Whooo that's a bit extreme , but the holsters on ready five now that's awesome :)
Is he talking about his manhood or what? :biggrin: naaaahhhh the half a yard must be all of him from head to toe?:wacko:

Anyway, mine is under my pillow all ready to go...

I have a cheap shoulder holster that i have rigged between my mattress and box-spring so that the actual holster looks like its attached to the side of my box spring. This way if i ever wake up in an unpleasant surprise, my gun is where my arm naturally falls beside the bed i can get my hand on it without any effort or moving my body much at all. plus if the bed is made the comforter hides the whole rig, so noone knows its there

On the nightstand near the alarm clock. Serves two purposes that way, (1) To defend the household (2) If I ever want to shoot that damn alarm clock, it is close!!! :laugh:

Hmmm, a young'n who might "sleep walk" or be up and around at night... I wonder if it'd be a good idea to not keep one in the pipe and train, train, train to rack the slide upon "bump in the night"? I'd have to think about that but I'd sure hate to have a kiddo of mine get thier midnight wakey-uppy hands on it if it's in condition 1. Geeez, am i glad all my kids are grown and gone, as far as guns at night go.

Have attached holster to side of nightstand between bed. Almost feels like im wearing open carry when I sleep!

LO! Another neophyte enters the fray!

Asleep or awake, my guns are always in the same position. I sleep NUDE, except for my gunbelt and legwarmers.

Holstered on my right hip is my dependable Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger. On my left hip is my back-up-gun, a .500 Smith and Wesson.
On my right ankle is my anemic Colt Combat Commander. On my left ankle is my impotent .357 Colt Python.

The guns are secondary to my CCW badges. I have one on each holster.

But I daresay any thug who enters my house will be too awed by the sight of my lengthy manhood to even consider aggressive action.

Face it, if you have a half-yard of man-meat ready to deploy at any time, mere firearms are just accessories.

You forgot to mention the "S" emblazoned on your chest! LOL!

Which begs the question..... Are you braggin' or complainin'? :fie:

GG

To answer OP..... Ruger .357 snubbie on top of the dresser. 9mm hi-cap auto in top drawer (back up). Wife has her S&W snubbie handy and the cell phone. Shotgun and AR-15 in closet for back up, if needed.

Fortunately I don't have kids running around the place and the cats haven't expressed any interest in confrontation fighting.... they just head for their "bolt holes", at SPEED! (Nice "alarm" system, though.)

GG

No kids at home anymore...shotgun and pistol both hang on the side of the bed...G26 with one in the chamber and 17 in the magazine and 12 GA. With 7 in the tube and trigger pulled.

You forgot to mention the "S" emblazoned on your chest! LOL!

Which begs the question..... Are you braggin' or complainin'? :fie:

GG

Gunny: I think the boy has been smoking something to get high and just dreaming. He will come back to reality soon enough. He may be crying rather than bragging or complaining! Reality is such a shocker!!:laugh:

Fortunately I don't have kids running around the place and the cats haven't expressed any interest in confrontation fighting.... they just head for their "bolt holes", at SPEED! (Nice "alarm" system, though.)GG

My highly anti-social cat makes for an excellent alarm system as well. :biggrin:

When people say that they sleep with a gun underneath their pillow.. Is that a run-on joke that I haven't picked up on?

Sorry. I'm fairly new to the site and am now just starting to pick up on the humor. Like the concealed weapons badge joke.

So is this another one? It seems ridiculous to me that someone would sleep with a gun under their pillow-so I'm assuming 'Yes'.

When people say that they sleep with a gun underneath their pillow.. Is that a run-on joke that I haven't picked up on?

Sorry. I'm fairly new to the site and am now just starting to pick up on the humor. Like the concealed weapons badge joke.

So is this another one? It seems ridiculous to me that someone would sleep with a gun under their pillow-so I'm assuming 'Yes'.
Allow me to answer this one, guys...NO. THIS IS NOT THE JOKE THREAD. I will speak for myself here -- I sleep with my CC gun under my pillow (and my cell phone) at all times when hubby will not be home even though I have a 129.9 lb rottweiler sleeping on the same bed. When hubby is home, he knows what to do with his gun. Mine and the cell phone goes where I can easily reach it then. My gun in bed with my hubby will not be a good idea because I might move or get restless at night and it might move downwards between us and I just might mistaken it for something else other than my gun...maybe his gun? Hmmm...that's another story for another day...:biggrin::sarcastic::wacko::biggrin: Oh well...enough entertainment for the day. Back to work!

True story about some friends of mine. She wakes up in the middle of the night and gets up to get a glass of water in the kitchen. He gets up and walks past her, gets his revolver and goes back to bed. On her way back to bed she stops at the bathroom and while in there hears a shot come from the bedroom. When she gets there, her husband has a gunshot to his head and blood is everywhere. He then screams, "What the hell did you do to me"? She had no idea that he was sleep walking and shot himself. She was taken into custody and questioned for 12 hours before the GSR test was done on the husband and they found out she was telling the truth. He survived since the bullet only grazed his head. Needless to say, no more guns in their house.

I would not feel comfortable with a loaded gun under my pillow. I move around and adjust the pillows throughout the night. Too many opportunities for it to end up on the floor or get shifted to somewhere other than where I would expect it if I needed it. On my nightstand I always know where it is and it's positioned perfectly for me to grab it in one easy motion.

I don't sleepwalk. I am sure of it, I would have noticed.

Jokes aside, gun under the pillow, no thanks. That seems a wee bit too dangerous to me.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back