Where do you keep your firearms when sleeping

gkeil961

I just wanted to get everyones opinions on where they keep their firearms when asleep.... I have a 10 year old girl, who knows that I have a firearm, and knows that she is not too touch daddys gun, unless I am there..... My firearm is never out of my sight, if I'm awake, it is on me at all times...if I am in bed, I keep it on my nightstand, within arms reach of me....... I have a G26 Gen 4, I always keep it "condition 1" not that makes any difference.....

Thanks for all opinions in this matter

This is a bit off topic, but it's a related suggestion. If you have not done so already, I suggest you have your daughter take a gun safety course (with you would be best) and then accompany you to the range. Help her learn how to shoot and to understand how guns operate, what happens when you pull the trigger, etc. I think that in most circumstances it is best to take the mystery out of firearms for kids, so that they have a very concrete understanding of the need to interact safely with them.

1911 in holster, tucked between the mattress and bed frame. Just need to reach down the side of the bed to get to it. Clambered of coarse, safety on.

Nightstand. Plus I have a CX4 in a rifle rack next to the bed. But we have it easy since we have no kids but lots of dogs and they don't have opposable thumbs. If they did we'd have lots of shot up cats lying around in the yard.

Best thing you can probably do is take your kid shooting and make it understand just what's what. Second best would be a biometric pistol vault, IMHO.

EastOkHotRod:219807 said:
LO! Another neophyte enters the fray!

Asleep or awake, my guns are always in the same position. I sleep NUDE, except for my gunbelt and legwarmers.

Holstered on my right hip is my dependable Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger. On my left hip is my back-up-gun, a .500 Smith and Wesson.
On my right ankle is my anemic Colt Combat Commander. On my left ankle is my impotent .357 Colt Python.

The guns are secondary to my CCW badges. I have one on each holster.

But I daresay any thug who enters my house will be too awed by the sight of my lengthy manhood to even consider aggressive action.

Face it, if you have a half-yard of man-meat ready to deploy at any time, mere firearms are just accessories.

Come on a half yard ???? Whooo that's a bit extreme , but the holsters on ready five now that's awesome :)

Night stand Gun Safe, Shotgun next to night stand, this assumes you make it past the two attack dogs that sleep at the foot of the bed all sons over 25 no kids at home when awake on hip. Other security items await some fool to find.

No kids in my house anymore..

I have a holster mounted on the side of the nightstand between the nightstand and the bed.. The gun goes in there.. I like this arrangement because it is not obvious.. IF someone should get into my room at night (or any other time), I don't want them to see the gun before I wake up (I am a sound sleeper).
This scenario is not likely to happen, as I have an alarm and two doxie dogs, but just in case, I like the gun out of sight, but very available.

+1 on the training for the daughter.. We can tell our kids about guns until we are blue in the face.. Only training truly helps them to understand..

This is a bit off topic, but it's a related suggestion. If you have not done so already, I suggest you have your daughter take a gun safety course (with you would be best) and then accompany you to the range. Help her learn how to shoot and to understand how guns operate, what happens when you pull the trigger, etc. I think that in most circumstances it is best to take the mystery out of firearms for kids, so that they have a very concrete understanding of the need to interact safely with them.

Quoted for +1.

I'm different....I keep mine in my boot next to the bed. I wear cowboy boots daily. When they come off they are next to the bed. If I need a gun in the middle of the night, it comes out without making a noise that the drawer of the night stand may potentially make.

.45 on the nightstand. The rest stay in the safe with my Mossy 500 in the front and ready to go.

Not to spoil the party here, but I bet I could talk your daughter into getting dad's gun; Sorry, but I don't think words from a parent work on any child versus temptation or 'dares' from a peer, no matter how great they are.
The idea from Sig1911 is not a bad one.
I sleep alone in my house - no kids, no others - so Moss 500 in bed with me, G21 in GunVault under bed cabled to the floor, G23 (carry) under the pillow. All hot. Let the fun begin.

Since I refuse to waste my money on Glocks, and I can't afford the pricier USA made handguns, I guess where I keep my Ruger LC9 doesn't matter.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back