Where can I get Glaser Blue Safety Slug .38 in Reno?

John23

I got some of this extreme shock, and I'm gonna keep it as back up, but while looking through the forums I noticed that several members raised questions that a prosecutor would love to say the name of my bullets every two seconds in order to try and make his case. And since people are already saying it, I assume that people will be thinking it even if it is ultimately one of the weaker bullets out there. I don't plan on shooting anyone, but I do need to cover my bases so I don't do something I shouldn't. I chose the bullet basically on name alone.

Just use it in a sentence..........

"He shot the man in his home with an Extreme Shock Bullet."
or
"He shot the man in his home with a Safety Slug"

Don't know. I'm not spam by the way, I'll be poking around in other areas of the site. Not even advertising. Does anyone think this is a bad idea?

Glasers are ridiculously expensive-if you can find them. I would go with any of the well-known standard hollow point loads and don't worry too much about what some prosecutor might say.

Glasers are junk ammo as is Extreme Shock and all the other Frangible ammunition. Long on hype, short on performance. For .38 special the best ammunition going is the Corbon DPX load

Link Removed

735426.jpg

Glasers are junk ammo as is Extreme Shock and all the other Frangible ammunition. Long on hype, short on performance. For .38 special the best ammunition going is the Corbon DPX load

Link Removed

735426.jpg

What are your thoughts on comparing the CorBon DPX -vs- Hornady Critical Defense and Federal Hydra Shocks?
I considered buying the CorBon, but it costs way more.

I'm not sure about Reno, but Cheaper Than Dirt generally stocks Glaser Blue and has very nice prices.

My wife used to carry Glaser Blue in her .38 Snub, until I read this:
Link Removed

and specifically this section:
Link Removed

So as SGB stated, you might want to stay away from the exotic stuff. Cor-Bon DPX is good, without question. Double Tap also has a nice defense round, but you'll have to find that on Midway USA.

What are your thoughts on comparing the CorBon DPX -vs- Hornady Critical Defense and Federal Hydra Shocks?
I considered buying the CorBon, but it costs way more.

Hornady's CD ammunition offers inadequate penetration and the Hydra Shocks do not offer reliable expansion and often mimic ball ammo.

Is the general consensus on this form that you should not use any bullet that doesn't have good penetration? Does anyone have any evidence to support the claim that people are highly likely not to be stopped by a bullet that only penetrates 3-4 inches?

Rather the better question would be, are there any cases out there where the type of bullet used was listed as evidence and used to convince a jury to convict?

Oh wow, 1.3 inches penetration in some cases? That sucks.

I also was given links to articles that show that the glacier blue rounds along with Extreme Shot don't actually expand and stop after passing through the first wall.

But I am still concerned with passing through the first wall. Does anyone have any experience with 110 grain versus 135 grain on a hollow point .38 bullet? Any articles?

And that link to the ATK Law Enforcement site doesn't work.

I loved all those articles guys, I think I was spoon food some high quality crap that I ate up like kid in a candy store.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back