When it is time to leave

HK4U

We have talked about bug out bags and what to have in them before hand. Guns are one thing we all are in agreement on when we are planning on what to have ready when and if the crap hits the fan. There are a couple of things that we may have not given as much thought about. The first is a large stock pile of ammo. I don't mean a couple of boxes either. If things go south in this country and your supply of ammo is cut off how much do you have on hand. The other thing is do you have extra parts for your firearms. The best, most high priced gun becomes nothing more that an expensive paper weight if somthing breaks. One thing I am going to get is extra springs for my magazines. Some of you might have some advice on what parts should be purchased. I would like your fed back.

there is so much to consider..

when things go bad and they will, yes, we need spare parts for our weapons. do w stay or go? how much food, meds water ? these are questions we need to ask. how old are you and can you relocate ifyou need to? so many things have to be worked on and figured out sometimes it is mind-boggling. weare out in the country in a small town. we are staying put. at least that's the plan. so far....

bug out

when things go bad and they will, yes, we need spare parts for our weapons. do w stay or go? how much food, meds water ? these are questions we need to ask. how old are you and can you relocate ifyou need to? so many things have to be worked on and figured out sometimes it is mind-boggling. weare out in the country in a small town. we are staying put. at least that's the plan. so far....

It is always better if you can stay put. If things really go bad, and you know, sooner or later it will then unless you are a long way from a large city getting out will not be just an option. If you are anywhere within 100 miles of a large city things will be bad. We can all hope this never happens but plan for the worst.

A good rule of thumb

Buy 2X as many mags as you think you will need. Always keep 1,000 rnds on hand and pray that you never fire a shot in anger.

Amen brother. A good idea is get a bow. Arrows can be reused, and can be used for hunting food or self defense. Less can go wrong with a bow, and if worse comes to worse, you can always make shoddy arrows. Try making ammo in the woods with nothing but rocks and sticks. :icon_wink:

Another thought is to get yourself a remote cabin in the woods as a second property and stock it well. One with a concealed basement and it's own water source be it natural spring or well. The develope a plan to get there in a hurry taking minimum carry items with you when you do bug out.

I have a jump bag, hanging in the garage with 3 days of supplies, have 7 days of water in sealed jugs along with food packed near it. Plenty of guns with a few extra mags each. Enough for gun friendly friends and family that might be light in that area. (one friend loves guns, but wife is very very very anti-gun with kids in the house.)
I'm ready for most things, up to a Katrina problem. I'm not ready for the day the zombies attack, but I don't think I can prepair for that.
Also light on the vampires in Alaska (30 days of night movie)

I espire for that day, but I'm set for 1 week. Now the fuel supply for the generator is only about 3. If I rationed I think 5 but the hardest thing is trying to find a safe and legal way to store a fair amount of jeep fuel that could be transported. My jeep will go more places then most vehicles, but storage space is limited and a full tank will only get me about 180 miles.

Class C motorhome

28 Ft Class C motor home. Self contained, Water, Gas, Genny, Stove, Microwave, Fridge, Sound System, Solar Collected 12 volt system, Hot Water Heater, Furnace, A/C, Toilet, Shower, and oh yeah I almost forgot a big comfy bed.

No one pays any attention to a motor home on the road. A class C can go anywhere a 1 ton doolie can go. It is fairly secure and has a ton of storage for food and gear. Any parking lot will do for the night.

We got a sweet deal on a used one from Cruise America. They completely refurbished the thing inside and out It came with extra warranty for the engine and tranny. This beast should have cost over 80K but we paid 30K for a 2003 in 2006.

28 Ft Class C motor home. Self contained, Water, Gas, Genny, Stove, Microwave, Fridge, Sound System, Solar Collected 12 volt system, Hot Water Heater, Furnace, A/C, Toilet, Shower, and oh yeah I almost forgot a big comfy bed.
Sounds nice...but does it get negative mileage? :icon_razz:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thought is to get yourself a remote cabin in the woods as a second property and stock it well. One with a concealed basement and it's own water source be it natural spring or well. The develope a plan to get there in a hurry taking minimum carry items with you when you do bug out

28 Ft Class C motor home. Self contained, Water, Gas, Genny, Stove, Microwave, Fridge, Sound System, Solar Collected 12 volt system, Hot Water Heater, Furnace, A/C, Toilet, Shower, and oh yeah I almost forgot a big comfy bed

Thanks for all the imput. The above ideas by festus and toreshka are both things I have thought about and would like to do if money and time allows. The stocking of more food, ammo, meds, water etc. is something needed and I am working on.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back