When is the XD-M compact coming?

toreskha

Titles are un-American.
Does anyone have an idea of when a more compact version of the XD-M might be coming out?

Also, what's the difference between the XD and XD-M? Is it really a big deal? So far, all I can see is slightly easier breakdown and 16+1 vs. 13+1 rounds.

I've been seriously considering getting myself an XD 3-inch in .40 or 4-inch compact in .45 for Christmas. They have a good feel, all of the reviews I've read seem to be excellent, and overall it seems to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Now I'm thinking of waiting a few months for a more compact XD-M to arrive. Is this going to be worth the wait, or would it be better to just get the thing as it is?

Does anyone have an idea of when a more compact version of the XD-M might be coming out?

Also, what's the difference between the XD and XD-M? Is it really a big deal? So far, all I can see is slightly easier breakdown and 16+1 vs. 13+1 rounds.

I've been seriously considering getting myself an XD 3-inch in .40 or 4-inch compact in .45 for Christmas. They have a good feel, all of the reviews I've read seem to be excellent, and overall it seems to be the best thing since sliced bread.

Now I'm thinking of waiting a few months for a more compact XD-M to arrive. Is this going to be worth the wait, or would it be better to just get the thing as it is?

Don't know when it's out, but I was reading an industry mag and they were advertizing it to the gun dealers this month. I imagine it won't be long now.

I thought I read somewhere it is due this month.................
Id wait and get the newest design.....I have an XD9 and I am wanting to get the new XDm..:ph34r:

I guess waiting makes sense. Prices on the old XDs might go down when the newer model comes out anyway.

There's a gun show in town right after Christmas. Maybe I can pick one up there. If Obama wins, I have to attend every one from now on, as a reply to his general "f*ck you" policy towards gun owners.

I saw an interesting review/commentary on the XDM you might be interested in.

Link Removed

They also noted that a 9MM will be coming out with a 19+1 capacity.

Thanks for the link.

Defense Review is curious as to when .45 ACP versions (standard, compact, subcompact, etc.) of the Springfield Armory XD-M pistol will be introduced. We're particularly interested in a compact or sub-compact XDM .45 for concealed carry (CCW) use, and to see how many rounds it/they will carry.
It sounds like this is the $64,000 question then.

I'm looking closely at the .40 and .45...I like 9mm for the reasons they listed, but after learning more about guns, my thinking has changed and I see what other people have been saying. Most self-defense shootings last a total of 3-5 seconds, and if I only get a few rounds off I'd like them to be the biggest rounds I can fire and carry practically. Aim is important, but it doesn't need to be precise at 6-10 feet.

The XD-M sounds like it's worth waiting for...too bad we can't get some of those BMTs, although they probably have some sticker shock.

BTW, I noticed the XDm in the advertisment I was looking at had "Made In Croatia" stamped on the grip. I guess they are not made in the US, but i haven't been into these guns so maybe prior models were made there as well.

BTW, I noticed the XDm in the advertisment I was looking at had "Made In Croatia" stamped on the grip. I guess they are not made in the US, but i haven't been into these guns so maybe prior models were made there as well.
All XDs are made in Croatia. They were formerly called the HS2000 and actually date back to the early 1990s. Knowing a good thing when they saw it, Springfield scooped up the rights and applied their significant marketing prowess to selling it in a way that would attract buyers. Of course, far from being just packaging, the XD also happens to be an excellent firearm.

Springfield Armory just became a sponsor of the site. I'll send my contact an email to see if he has any info on when other models will be coming out. It also looks like I may be able to get one of their new XD (M)'s to do a review on. I'll keep you guys posted on that.

All XDs are made in Croatia. They were formerly called the HS2000 and actually date back to the early 1990s. Knowing a good thing when they saw it, Springfield scooped up the rights and applied their significant marketing prowess to selling it in a way that would attract buyers. Of course, far from being just packaging, the XD also happens to be an excellent firearm.

I didn't think so.... I thought that now Springfield's USA factory makes the XD's here... True that they were originally made in Croatia, but I was almost certain I read in... Combat Handguns I think.. that they were now made in USA. I could be wrong though. I have shot the new XDM, by the way, and it is plenty small for me to almost be considered a compact. Especially compared to my Sig P226. It's glass smooth, and has very little recoil. Only problem is loading the mag with 16 rounds of 40 S&W. The last few are real finger breakers. An easy mag loader is recommended.

I didn't think so.... I thought that now Springfield's USA factory makes the XD's here... True that they were originally made in Croatia, but I was almost certain I read in... Combat Handguns I think.. that they were now made in USA. I could be wrong though.

I sent my contact at SA an email to get this cleared up.

I love my XD-45 Compact 4" (daily carry). I would definitely be interested in acquiring another if they came out with an XD(M) 45 Compact as well. Not too sure about the 4.5" barrel, though. The 4" barrel on the XD-45 Compact is perfect for me.

My contact at SD said you are correct. I asked if you get a free xd for playing but no go....just kidding.:rolleyes:

according to the latest NRA mag.the new XDm9 is now available

My contact said the only models available are listed on the site and I don't see a 9mm. But I just shot him an email to see exactly which (m)'s are currently available.

My contact at SD said you are correct. I asked if you get a free xd for playing but no go....just kidding.:rolleyes:
Aww come on...can't I get a participation prize? :pleasantry:

He also couldn't comment on any other models.
The Link Removed seems to be that it's going to be a long wait - if it comes out at all.

I think I'll just go ahead and get the XD compact. If the other one comes out later, then I can have two.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back