Whats your thoughts on the pf-9?

fourmula766

Just a thought I have for a smaller ccw... currently I have a Baby eagle semi-compact polymer 40 s&w which I love but a pf-9 is cheap with cheaper ammo and considerably smaller and I don't really wanna go with a .380 I know the whole get what you pay for etc... I've played with their rifles and was impressed with the bang per buck factor... just looking for range results and opinions ...

I also have the Jericho941/baby eagle sub compact 40. It completes me lol.

I have had numerous people recommend the pf-9 and the older 9mm kel-tec both for brutal reliability as well as smaller price footprint.

Let us know what you end up with.

I've had a pf-9 as 1 of my carry guns for a few years now. Very slim & light weight! The gun performs very reliably. not ammo picky at all. At the range, < 3" spread @ 25'. the only downside I've seen is the 7+1 capacity.

I had a pf9. I sold it because I decided against carrying. Bought a Mossberg 500 for home. Now I'm getting my permit in a month or so and ordered a Kahr CM9. I liked the pf9. I had the belt clip that screws on to the side of it. I put about 400 rounds through it with no hiccups. Great little gun.

I have a PF9 as my BUG and even as my primary if dress dictates. I've had no problems with it whatsoever. I generally practice at 15 yds or so and can easily get all rounds in 4-5 inches in a rapid manner. If I take my time that tightens up.

Awesome info.... I think the thinness and bang per buck factor leaves me no reason not to add this to my arsenal and have a "Bigger Bug" from what I've read if you got a good one its solid ya hear of a few lemons but their warranty and service dept usually treat you right worst case thanks guys .....

I like my PF9 and carry it frequently.

Upside: Inexpensive, accurate, highly concealable, and reliable.
Downside: Somewhat crude fit & finish, not a pleasant gun to shoot.

I have and carry a Kel-tec PF9 most of the time. I rotate it with a G36 anf a Ruger LCR.

But I can tell you the PF9 is my favorite to carry. very slim and excellent reliability.

One note.

Get the parkerized slide or the hard crome. The blue version is hard to keep from not rusting. It takes alot of maintenance.

I have and carry a Kel-tec PF9 most of the time. I rotate it with a G36 anf a Ruger LCR.

But I can tell you the PF9 is my favorite to carry. very slim and excellent reliability.

One note.

Get the parkerized slide or the hard crome. The blue version is hard to keep from not rusting. It takes alot of maintenance.

I've got the hard chrome. Not a spot on it.

I have had a PF9 for a couple years and altho I don't carry it often any more (went to .40 s&w) I like it - goes bang when it should and hits what you point it at... and easy to conceal... not much fun to shoot a lot of rounds thru because of recoil and a fairly heavy trigger but overall a good carry gun in 9mm...

I'm finding it impossible to find one parkerized and I'm not keen on the chrome bling... the blued are everywhere.. any ideas to finding a good price on parkerized? My local shop has the blue for $255 the HC for $275 and can't even find a listing for the parkerized...

Owned one, and I hated it, extremely hard trigger pull couldn't hit anything consistently with it, Sold it. Just few magazines on the range and it made my arm HURT from the trigger pull. The rounds went everywhere, I figure that was mostly cause of the long hard trigger pull, & it kicked as hard, if not harder than my .45.

But I now own a Ruger LCP .380 LOVE IT. Want an LC9 ASAP. (Have a Taurus PT-145 and I like it except for the faulty Magazines that if I put more than 6 rounds in I get FTL, so I wouldn't buy another Taurus, they sent me 2 new mags and they do the same thing, plus you cant get an e-mail from them to communicate with them, and the phone guy was an A'hole.)

Anyway I have never gotten a bad gun from Ruger, ever, Love them all. Bad experiences with Taurus and Kel-Tec, but never Ruger and the price is right, sure its a little more than Kel-Tec, but not that much. I love my LCP but it is too light a round for winter carry IMO. So I want the LC9 and Would like to see an LC40 or .45 on the market soon.. Hay I can dream cant I?

My Husband has the Jimenez Arms J.A. .380 it is very cheap, but his shoots well even if it is heavy compared to the LCP and Kel-Tec. He really likes his and carries it most of the time when he carries. It is a much better shooting gun then the Kel-Tec and more reliable too. weighs more but if you want cheap you cant get any cheaper. I would buy one of those B4 I ever got another PF9. Jimenez Arms has small 9mm's which are easy to hide, but again, they weigh more, but that weight does make them more accurate to shoot, and they hide just as easy as a lighter poly gun, cause they are the same size, you do get used to the weight. Jimenez is cheaper than Kel-Tec and if you want something cheap to carry they are better guns.

I have a Ruger Mark III .22 for plinking, We used to have 2 Ruger Mark IIs that got stolen from us years ago, LOVED them, Just can not find anything bad to say about Ruger... Good luck.

(I have a Rossie .357mag revolver with a long barrel. never had any trouble with it, except for ringing ears, but then revolvers tend to be reliable)

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back