What's your rifle's name?

festus

God Bless Our Troops!!!
Remember the scene in Full metal jacket where the DI asks Pvt Pyle what hi rifle's name is? Well??? what have you guys and gals named your rifles?

Mine is :pleasantry:"the monster that lives under the bed":pleasantry:

Remember the scene in Full metal jacket where the DI asks Pvt Pyle what hi rifle's name is? Well??? what have you guys and gals named your rifles?

Mine is :pleasantry:"the monster that lives under the bed":pleasantry:

You know I never named mine...... hmmmm...... she needs a good name. I'll have to think about it.

I've always called my pistol Ms. Kimber. Not real original but confuses alot of people. I went on a road trip a few months ago and my mom made the comment "I hate when you travel alone." I said "I'm not Ms. Kimber is coming alone. also" She bugged me for a week trying to find out who Kimber was and why I had not brought her over to meet her. lol

My rifle's name is Betsy because it seems the right name for a rifle.

Good 'ol Betsy, she takes gooooooood care o' me.

Yeah, see, that fits.

You know I never named mine...... hmmmm...... she needs a good name. I'll have to think about it.

I've always called my pistol Ms. Kimber. Not real original but confuses alot of people. I went on a road trip a few months ago and my mom made the comment "I hate when you travel alone." I said "I'm not Ms. Kimber is coming alone. also" She bugged me for a week trying to find out who Kimber was and why I had not brought her over to meet her. lol

Maybe yor mom is looking for grandkids?

And, no, I've never named any of my weapons.

This is easy, The M-14 from Nam was Shelia, The M-16 replacement Shelia was "Junk", and the Wheel gun I have now is just "Sir"... :pleasantry:

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping it PG

I have some choice names when it doesn't go bang. Does this count?:biggrin:

I'm glad you did not pull out your CATM Vocabulary, There may be little eyeballs getting roasted right out of their sockets just reading that! I have had to shelve my flight line language for similar reasons.

lets see... my Springfield XD is called "XD" my AR is called "AR" and my .22 revolver is called "22 Mag" Etc...

Come to think of it I do refer to my had gun as a heater sometimes or sometimes my "big stick".

My springfield XD is called "Marge" (the simpsons live in springfield", My Mossy is Brunhild after the Valkyrie, my AR if Calista (as in flockhart) cuz she's bare bones. lol. And my 1911 is called Mjolnir, cuz it is the Hammer of the Thunder God!!! I even order grips with the design on it, but I'm Asatru, so it's ok

I call mine Margaret. So when I pull her out of the safe I say, "It's me again Margaret"

Last edited:
never named any of them actually,but everyonce in a while I do call one of em baby ,,,,seems I have a Harem of em.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back