What's your favorite gun oil?

We take two of the same guns, and side by side continue firing them constantly until one of them fails from carbon, crud and lack of lubrication. Most likely, the one lubed with the oil will be the one that failed.
I disagree with this. I have seen this experiment done and the dry gun failed first both a m16 and a 1911. A PROPERLY lucubrated will always last longer then one that is not. PLEASE note the word PROPERLY.....

I'm partial to Rem-Oil, but I like the synthetic motor oil idea.

Also to The_Outlaw, Glocks are so true about not liking oil. I knew a few guys who took an advanced firearm course and it was raining cats and dogs; their guns (glocks) got rather muddy crawling through the muck. The actually dipped them and sloshed them around in a 5 gallon bucket of water and kept shooting the course. Not a single MF from either one of them. They also said that they pointed at another guy with a different make (I won't name brands because this isn't a pi$$ing contest) and laughed when they saw him painstakingly trying to extract all the muck from his gun.

If you need it to work dirty, I can't say a bad thing about a Glock.

I used to use a product called DSX but for some reason they disappeared. It was a fully synthetic oil and grease. If anybody finds a distributor for it let me know. Now I use Royal Purple. Another synthetic. Doesn't fade or pull the bluing from my shotguns or blued pistols.

I've been using Mil-Comm products, and love them. They are rated for temps between -85f and +450f. The oil (tw-2500) is basically a thin version of the grease (tw-25).

Rumor has it that if you call, they'll send you free samples.

Here's the web site: Link Removed

I found it through a free sample that came with a new handgun I bought.

Well.. after using Hoppes for years... i have converted to FrogLube .. as a clp... i love it... there are plenty of youtube vid's offering directions... i was skeptical at first.. but i am a convert... break down a ar, and treat it, then go to the range.. then come back to do the second treatment.. that in it self convinced me.. btw... I was not paid or received and financial benefit for my opinion. lol

Hoppes Elite for oil, and some type of grease, right now it's Shooter's Choice. Personally don't like CLP type products and would never let WD-40 touch any gun I own, leaves a film.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Weapon Shield grease works well on the slide rails, but use sparingly. I further dilute it w/ the WS oil. Been happy with it and it stays put.

I used to use 3 in 1, now I mostly use CLP. You could clean/ protect all of the metal parts with 3 in 1, and then wipe it down. Never had any issues.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back