What's the worst POS firearm you have ever owned?

tattedupboy

Thank God I'm alive!
I saw a thread with this same topic on another gun board I frequent and wanted to get one started here. What is/are the worst POS firearm(s) (handgun or long gun) you have ever owned? Here are mine:

Hi Point C-9: My problem with this gun was not so much with FTF or FTE, but with the magazines. The magazines on this gun were always sliding out. At first I thought it was because the mag release button was always pressing up against the holster, so I filed down, which I thought would fix the problem. When that did not work, I found that a simple tug on the bottom of the mag was enough to make it come out. It got so bad that every time I carried this gun, I had to check to see if the mag was in place. When I finally purchased my Glock 22, I still kept checking the mag on that one. Of course it did not happen on that one.

Cobra: (Not sure of the model, but it was a .32 with an 8 rd mag and chrome slide); I could never get through a full mag without a FTE.

Cobray MAC-10: The damned thing just would not fire. I could maybe fire 2 or three consecutive shots before the damned thing would just stop. Total POS.

HK USP .45

that was my lemon!!!! I paid $1000 for a boat anchor. Jamming, stovepiping, wear in the finish....etc...

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!

IF YOU OWN ONE......SELL SELL SELL!!!!!!!!

For the price I wasted on this, I should have went with the SIG....:6:

Mechanical Disaster!! Kahr PM40

After three trips back to KAHR, the third time KAHR determined that they couldn't fix it and agreed to replace it. KAHR does honor their warranty. It broke magazine followers regularly, failed to go into battery often, failed to feed at every range session. As a carry gun I lost all confidence in it!! I requested that they replace it with a KAHR MK40 (All STEEL!!). I am tickled pink with the MK40. The MK40 runs like a clock if I keep it squeeky clean. And, I can hide it without wearing a jacket or loose outer clothing. The little KAHR just disappears under only my tucked in shirt, and it's a .40 S&W. I carry IWB at 8:30 using a Blade-Tech (Ultra Concealment) holster set for the FBI cant.(Yep, I am a confirmed dyed in the wool, LEFTY!)

for me..

a Intertec Tec-9. fire 2-3 shots and firing pin would bend. did it 3 times. i unloaded it. Makarovs are great fires EVERY TIME I PULL TE TRIGGER and with whatever i load it with. i can and have even mixed rounds from different mfg and still fired. makarov: KGB Tested and approved!

A model 1911 Llama 45 back around 1970. As a side note the best ones I ever owned are anything German manufactured. HK, Walther, Sig.

May have been shooter error!!!!

HK USP .45

that was my lemon!!!! I paid $1000 for a boat anchor. Jamming, stovepiping, wear in the finish....etc...

WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!

IF YOU OWN ONE......SELL SELL SELL!!!!!!!!

For the price I wasted on this, I should have went with the SIG....:6:

Sounds like you limp wristed it. Could be your grip

Da Comrade

a Intertec Tec-9. fire 2-3 shots and firing pin would bend. did it 3 times. i unloaded it. Makarovs are great fires EVERY TIME I PULL TE TRIGGER and with whatever i load it with. i can and have even mixed rounds from different mfg and still fired. makarov: KGB Tested and approved!

I loved my Mak when I had it. It was a doublestack mak at that!

I have had two complete lemons, so it would be a tie between them. One was a Hawes Montana Marshal chambered in .44 Mag (revolver) they went out of business years ago thank God. The cyclinder was constantly getting out of time, lodging a sliver of lead between the forcing cone and the cylinder jamming up the action.

#2 was a Lhama .45 auto pistol, I called my jamamatic I always had a least 2 jams per magizine.

Years ago I won a marlin 22 long rifle in a card game. I cant remember the model but it had a rabbit on one side of the stock and squirrel on the other. It had a 13 round tube magazine under the barrel and a sling that was spring loaded into the stock that could be pulled out and attached under the mag. Now here comes the fun part, when you pulled the trigger one time it would empty the magazine.ALL 13 ROUNDS. LOL... we had a lot of fun with it but it was kind of scary.

The first/worst gun I bought was the infamous S&W Sigma. So glad I got rid of that POS! The firing pin broke twice in the few years I owned it. I was happy to get $150 in trade value for it. LONG LIVE THE WALTHER P99!!

For me it was a High Point just an all round POS right out of the box. I would not have an other one if I owned the plant. But then again if I owned the plant I would make a lot better gun.

For me it was a High Point just an all round POS right out of the box. I would not have an other one if I owned the plant. But then again if I owned the plant I would make a lot better gun.

Scary thing is that I see many folks list various models of High Point firearms as their CC guns. :eek:

gf

Scary thing is that I see many folks list various models of High Point firearms as their CC guns. :eek:

gf

A lot of people have no problem with Hi-Point pistols. If you break in the magazines they seem to work much better--this is the only brand of firearm where I've heard of people needing to break in magazines. (also, I have a real problem with carrying striker-fired pistols with one in the pipe--my preference is cocked-and-locked or DA only autos)

What would bother me the most about carrying a Hi-Point is the size and weight of the thing. As a trunk / truck / nightstand gun--I think they're a good choice.
I bought 3 of their pistols used last year because I'd never owned any and wanted to try them. I have a .380, 9mm and a .40(40 is the older model with steel frame and mag release on butt of grip) They all work well, feed anything. I think I can easily recommend the 9mm as a good choice for a budget pistol as the ammo is still about the cheapest centerfire round out there. The .380 doesn't make much sense as it's the same pistol as the 9 just in a less powerful more expensive chambering.
This is another place where many people pull out the tired and worn 'saturday night special' argument to denigrate inexpensive handguns that are a good choice for people on a limited budget. Often people are all to willing to disarm the poorest and most disadvantaged in society.

For me, it has to be the S&W Sigma in .40 S&W. The gun functioned perfectly, but the trigger was horrendous. It was in excess of 12 pounds pull weight. Traded it within a couple of weeks towards a Springfield XD40 and I'm much happier.

A lot of people have no problem with Hi-Point pistols. If you break in the magazines they seem to work much better--this is the only brand of firearm where I've heard of people needing to break in magazines. (also, I have a real problem with carrying striker-fired pistols with one in the pipe--my preference is cocked-and-locked or DA only autos)

Don't know how you cock-and-lock a DAO pistol......did you by chance mean a SAO? I guess you could "lock" a XD45 with the safety, but having the ability to "cock" the hammer pretty much precludes it from being a DAO pistol.....

The Jennings 22 boot pistol was a good papper weight. Rossi 2" 357 took a little help with a file before it would rotate.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back