Whats the law for just owning?

BobDa

Forgive my ignorance, but I have zero experience with owning firearms. I am a resident of MA but currently live in NC. I am active duty Marine Corps, with no criminal record. I'm 22 years old, and live off of base with my wife. I feel that I should have some kind of firearm in my house. Most of the laws I can find are just OC and CCW, I just simply want to own a long gun. Can I just go out and buy one? Or do I need to jump through some hoops because I'm a MA resident living in NC? I'm going to ask this week about the military side of it, but what are the rules for the real world?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Hey BobDa first of all thank you very much for being in the service and protecting our FREEDOM... to my knowledge if you would like to purchase a long gun you are able to buy at any time in NC. you do need a purchase permit to get a handgun, you can get that through your sherrifs ofice. you do need to have a NC drivers liscence.. hope that was of help to you.. Take care and once again thank you for your service.

Typically a Military member will need 2 forms of id with their address, as well as a copy of their orders in the state they are purchasing. You don't need to go through any additional hoops. If you live in base housing, just consult the housing office to see if there any any rules they have in particular. Otherwise, you shouldn't have any issues.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back