Whats a good pepper spray?

901-Memphis

Looking to get some pepper spray and i am wondering what are some good products out there. I don't know whats good and whats not.

I am looking for something small and durable. It doesn't have to be tiny but i will carry it every day.

Any recommendations?

Honestly, just about anything out there is going to do the trick. It all stings like a motherfucker.

I highly recommend the Kimber Pepper Blaster!

Not only does Kimber make a mighty fine shootin' iron, but they also have an ingenious little contraption called the Pepper Blaster. Basically, it is a small handheld unit that has two charges of extremely potent OC spray. The cool thing about the Pepper Blaster is that the liquid charges are propelled, not by compressed air, but by a pyrotechnic charge (just like a bullet). This results in a big splash of OC spray hitting your face at about 90 miles an hour. Much harder to avoid than the standard canned sprays, less affected by wind, and even wraps around glasses and gets into the eyes.

My old department was looking into the big brother of this unit for less lethal use (the JPX Jet Protector), but then we ended up moving to tazers. If I had to carry an OC, I would carry the pepper blaster. See here:

Link Removed

Be advised that I am NOT a fan of OC. In fact, since you are in TN, I would suggest a tazer instead.

Unless I missed a better product out there...... I got the Kimber Pepper blaster for my girls.

I'll tell you the ones I have personally used on the street and worked for me. Def-Tec First Defense and Freeze +P. I have used those two brands for a period of several years and was an Instructor with both brands. I never had them fail to work as described when I used them against 2 legged animals. I have also had several live sprays on me in some of the Instructors schools I attended. Believe me when I tell you this. Any of the Law Enforcement quality pepper sprays of OC/CS combination sprays worked well and hurt like hell.:

I would second the Kimber blasters. I bought three, two for my girls and one for practice so they know how to use it and how it works. It will surely get the job done and provide enough time to get away for them. Once they turn 21 then they will Conceal carry but until then its Kimber OC Blaster.

PepperFoam and PepperGel

The work great and the stiffer base makes blow back a lot less of a chance...
I live to use my PepperFoam...Its my go to weapon during non compliance moments...
Like hitting them with pepper cream pie...
It is awesome stuff, not sure how small of a container you can get...
I have it mounted even in my POV...Great for backing people off your car

I am actually in Kentucky now, but i don't think that matters with a tazer, our laws should be less strict here.

But either way i can't afford a good tazer right now i just would like something to go a long with the handgun while carrying.

Blast Knuckles Stun Gun, 950,000 Volts

Something else too think about.

Very light weight, easy too carry when running and nobody notices.
We have four of them. One for each of the girls and me.

Yes I'm nuts enough I tested it on me. I never carry anything not tested.

I also have two friends that had too use theirs and they work as advertised.
Once even through a light weight leather coat.
They are $100 local at the only store that has them here so I order online.

Best price I know of
63446 - PS Products Blast Knuckles Stun Gun, 950,000 Volts

how about the peper sray that was designed for hikers to repell bears? if it will stop a bear you can be dammed sure it will work on a man!:pleasantry:

I don't know what your budget is like but for Me I'm not going to spend the 50 or so dollars for the Kimber pepper blaster all your paying for is the name. Me and My wife carry Sebre Red on our key chains I carry a black hard case one much like this pink one that she carry's. You can pick them up for around six dollars and ten or so with shipping.

First link is a close up of the item and the second is the link it's self.
Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
54608 - Sabre Red Maximum Strength Pepper Spray, Special Edition Pink Case, 0.54 oz., Key Chain

I don't know what your budget is like but for Me I'm not going to spend the 50 or so dollars for the Kimber pepper blaster all your paying for is the name. Me and My wife carry Sebre Red on our key chains I carry a black hard case one must like this pink one that she carry's. You can pick them up for around six dollars and ten or so with shipping.

First link is a close up of the item and the second is the link it's self.
Cheaper Than Dirt - America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter
54608 - Sabre Red Maximum Strength Pepper Spray, Special Edition Pink Case, 0.54 oz., Key Chain

As someone who has extensively used Pepper Sprays on the street on PEOPLE, let me say this. The Kimber Pepper Blaster has me a little concerned. Two short blasts, no matter how fast it's going, is still only two short blasts in a stream. The videos I've seen of it, show 2 splats on the target about the size of your fist. Whenever I had to use Pepper Spray, the surprise was the biggest factor. You don't hold it on someone like a pistol and threaten to use it. They'll turn their head, cover their face and move in on you. That has happened several times to officers and individuals who held it and threatened the bad guy. You'll know when you need to use it. Hold it by your side, unseen if possible. Without warning, you just pop it up and spray. SURPRISE IS HALF THE BATTLE. Problem is, in many cases, me and the bad guy were moving or at the point of physical violence. Sometimes I hit the face the first time; sometimes it took 2 or 3 good sprays to hit the area and with enough of the liquid to cover the eyes / nose/ mouth area. Aim for THE FACE, especially the eyes. That's what it's for. But after years of using the stuff, I would feel very inadequate with 2 quick blasts from the Kimber unit. I use the 1 oz units for pocket carry, and if it's in the car or a pouch, the 2 to 3 oz unit, which is the one that looks like the full size police cannister, but about half as long. Def-Tec called it the Mark III. I think the Freeze+P is a 2 oz unit I believe. Give me more than the 2 short bursts. Just sayin'.

I carry the Kimber Pepper blaster. How good is it? haven't a clue never used it. I'm thinking though at $35 or $40 dollars for two blast, it'd better work pretty good, or I'll be forced to pull my Kimber .45 and finish what it started.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back