What you guys been up to?

Anything new going on? Any new shooting? Get anything new? Join any new range? Take a friend to the range? Buy ammo? Haha anything? This place gets too quiet here.

-Capo-

Probably more going on in here than the NH threads!
My range is on hold due to my buddy with the excavator has been working. So, as long as he is working the range is at a stand still. I really cannot do much out there until the machine gets here first. Once that happens I can mark off area's, set up the shooting area (with roof), post my signs and things like that. Plus with the funds right now too, things are put "on hold" right now too. He did tell me though that he'll be back here in the Fall which is a good thing......I hope.
(still shaking my head everytime I cross over into MA. in the mornings.....):fie:

Probably more going on in here than the NH threads!
My range is on hold due to my buddy with the excavator has been working. So, as long as he is working the range is at a stand still. I really cannot do much out there until the machine gets here first. Once that happens I can mark off area's, set up the shooting area (with roof), post my signs and things like that. Plus with the funds right now too, things are put "on hold" right now too. He did tell me though that he'll be back here in the Fall which is a good thing......I hope.
(still shaking my head everytime I cross over into MA. in the mornings.....):fie:

When its all set, you gotta take some pics and post them. I love it....Your OWN range. I hope to have that one day. In PRMA, if I ever built something like that, neighbors would have me arrested haha. Man, freedom runs in NH. Awesome project!

Oh, I'll post photo's...don't worry. You get a machine like that in the yard and there is no ending! We are doing some landscaping at the same time which is why I have to wait on my end as far as marking off area's and putting up signs and things like that. Just don't know where the Other stuff is going yet. My other buddy has been dropping off all his wood chips from tree jobs which adds to the pile. Still got one more pine to take down. This one laid out stacked/added to the pile should give me about another 6-8 more feet high. Then, that should be it. The rest will be wood chips, which over time break down and compact. We just keep adding more and more. We are getting the height because the excavator will then level out the shooting area so when you're standing at the 100-120' mark you'll be level with the Center of the hill thus giving at least a good 8 more feet of back drop. Right now from that mark we're just cresting the top of the mound which is not what I want. When I started this, I thought it was going to be...just clear an area and start shooting. NOT! There is more to it, and as you go along you find things have to be done for reasons. Like I said before, in the end when it is all finished it will be a Clean and SAFE area to shoot at. Shit, I thought it was going to be finished this past spring!!?? Oh well, a little at a time.
Yeh I guess you could say, freedom runs in NH. You just don't want to over do it, then people start to complain. LOW profile is the key. Funny, because I did speak with my neighbors/abutters and told them what I was doing out back and they are fine with it. I added that I was only going to shoot like on a saturday or sunday and keep it limited to like an hour. That made them happy. If I was to have people over and start shooting for the entire day and stuff like that, then I can see them getting pissed and having the police over etc. This I do not want. This way I do not piss anyone off and everyone is happy. Yes, and when you're in the area you may shoot some rounds off! Will keep ya posted.

It sounds like it would be alot of work though. Just think, you will love it when it is finished. Sounds like its gonna be a blast (haha). Smart move with the neighbors. I think that says alot about how important respect is. Just think, no range fees haha! Best of luck man, keep us posted on how it goes. Sounds to me like your doing it right and more importantly safe! Safety is always top priority. Can't wait to see it when its done.

When its all set, you gotta take some pics and post them. I love it....Your OWN range. I hope to have that one day. In PRMA, if I ever built something like that, neighbors would have me arrested haha. Man, freedom runs in NH. Awesome project!

LOL if you tried to do something like that in PRMA they would have you put in jail for life. People would call in saying your running a terrorist training camp. You would have the FBI,HLS,ATF,MSP, and every other police department in the state at your house with armored APC's.

LOL if you tried to do something like that in PRMA they would have you put in jail for life. People would call in saying your running a terrorist training camp. You would have the FBI,HLS,ATF,MSP, and every other police department in the state at your house with armored APC's.

HAHA exactly! PRMA is just not 2A friendly. It has been proven to me time and time again. Hopefully they will learn one day around here that the 2A is very important.

It's sad really to see Ma like that, You would think that a great state like that would understand the right/need to have arms. For the most part MA was the birth place of what we now call the USA. If it was not for the few men who made a stand and said enough is enough. To this day we may still be under England's thumb. But the few who stood ageist the worlds only superpower at that time Showed the world what a few out manned and under armed farm boys could do. But no the only people who get to Enjoy that right in PRMA are the storm troopers who work for the state and the Government. This is off topic a little bit but i have to say it. As you all know Obama has made a Pczar for pay and fox news was talking about the fact that he may also make a Fat czar. He and Obama would say what was good for us and them only. The Fat czar would say what we could and good not eat and would can and can not be sold in stores and fast food stops. Well this nut case has a t-shirt on that said No Chubbies. He was talking about how his plan would be to had out tokens. He would give them out to people and they could go to the store and buy the foods they wanted to buy. He was like and to get them people would have to work out and go to the Gym. He said "you don't want to clean your drive way no jumk food today for you". I was like wow now we are going to be taking away peoples free will.

It's sad really to see Ma like that, You would think that a great state like that would understand the right/need to have arms. For the most part MA was the birth place of what we now call the USA. If it was not for the few men who made a stand and said enough is enough. To this day we may still be under England's thumb. But the few who stood ageist the worlds only superpower at that time Showed the world what a few out manned and under armed farm boys could do. But no the only people who get to Enjoy that right in PRMA are the storm troopers who work for the state and the Government. This is off topic a little bit but i have to say it. As you all know Obama has made a Pczar for pay and fox news was talking about the fact that he may also make a Fat czar. He and Obama would say what was good for us and them only. The Fat czar would say what we could and good not eat and would can and can not be sold in stores and fast food stops. Well this nut case has a t-shirt on that said No Chubbies. He was talking about how his plan would be to had out tokens. He would give them out to people and they could go to the store and buy the foods they wanted to buy. He was like and to get them people would have to work out and go to the Gym. He said "you don't want to clean your drive way no jumk food today for you". I was like wow now we are going to be taking away peoples free will.

You know....I see things like this. They are trying to take away our firearms because once they do, we will have no way to stand up to them ever...and they know this. They want us defenseless, so we can't say "We're not gonna take it anymore". Look at History....Hitler, Stalin, Kim Jong, etc....the people are defenseless. Its sad, because myself and many others around here fear our government. It shouldn't be like that. I went to my firearm club meeting the other day, and as I looked around the room I noticed I was one of the youngest people there, if not the youngest. That makes me really sad because here in PRMA, once the older generation gets older, it is up to my generation around here to keep going and to make sure our club as well as what little rights we have, remain. Where I live, it is very hard to find someone my age or younger shooting or involved in the sport so much its a hobby. I hope it is not like this in the rest of the nation. In PRMA it doesn't surprise me because firearms are looked down upon. Why would a teenager do something with his dad/mom that his fellow classmates and friends will outcast him for? I went through it only I was not about to stop my hobby because people didn't like me for it. I am ranting and I know it, I just worry about our future in my generation's hands. Too many people my age say "the second amendment doesn't apply today". Like are you kidding me? More now than ever before in my opinion

No need to worry about "going off topic" or "ranting". The OP asked, "what have you guys been up to"?........ which I would say includes, what's on Your mind too.
Well, here it is Sunday and raining but I am not going to complain. Going to see my Dad shorlty, then pick up one of my Rugrats from a sleep over, come home, hit the dump, make a Bloody Mary/s, do some rainy day constructive indoor projects, then....................more Bloodies! :biggrin:

I really hurt my back today. Like to the point i cant move. Was sitting at the computer and turned to put my little girl on the floor and just like that so much pain. I almost had to call 911 and have the meat wagon take me to the ER. Think i pulled something or hit a nerve. We will see what happens. Hope all is well for the rest of my Fellow New England people this Sunday.

Ahhh, the ol back out of commission. I feel your pain!! The cold damp weather does not help either. Man, your in your 20's right? It gets better as you get older (lol)...........:fie: Good luck!

Ahhh, the ol back out of commission. I feel your pain!! The cold damp weather does not help either. Man, your in your 20's right? It gets better as you get older (lol)...........:fie: Good luck!

LOL yeah 22. I think i hit the sciatic nerve or some other nerve. It's right in the middle of my back and when it first happened it hurt so bad the only way to make it stop was go hunch over like a hunch back or curl up in a ball. I maxed out on pain killer and it did not seem to help. It's getting better now still hurts like a you know what. But not as bad as it was. I'm hoping a goods nights rest will fix it.:biggrin::pleasantry:

Today, we're going to a Remembrance (Memorial Service) for a fellow vet. Sad here today.

Prayer said.
After going to the dump yesterday on my way back to the house in the pouring rain mind you, at the firehouse they had the Scouts having a ceramony for Burning worn/tattered US Flags. I've never been to one before and don't know if I even missed anything as far as an introduction or something, but when I got there, I parked, got out, stood and watched. I asked how many flags they have gone through so far and their reply was "oh about 120 so far".
It kind of felt good watching because you know it was being done "properly" and more a ceremonial event.

LOL yeah 22. I think i hit the sciatic nerve or some other nerve. It's right in the middle of my back and when it first happened it hurt so bad the only way to make it stop was go hunch over like a hunch back or curl up in a ball. I maxed out on pain killer and it did not seem to help. It's getting better now still hurts like a you know what. But not as bad as it was. I'm hoping a goods nights rest will fix it.:biggrin::pleasantry:

Damn man! I hope your back is better! I was sick this weekend so no range time for me. Something has been going around here because this is the second time in one month I have been sick with fever and the works for more than 3 days....I hate that stuff

Prayer said.
After going to the dump yesterday on my way back to the house in the pouring rain mind you, at the firehouse they had the Scouts having a ceramony for Burning worn/tattered US Flags. I've never been to one before and don't know if I even missed anything as far as an introduction or something, but when I got there, I parked, got out, stood and watched. I asked how many flags they have gone through so far and their reply was "oh about 120 so far".
It kind of felt good watching because you know it was being done "properly" and more a ceremonial event.

Yeah they had that going on here in the town Square with the boy scouts and the police chief. I did not go to it or watch it but i could hear the bagpipes playing.

Damn man! I hope your back is better! I was sick this weekend so no range time for me. Something has been going around here because this is the second time in one month I have been sick with fever and the works for more than 3 days....I hate that stuff

Thanks! Yeah i got up today and it's all better for the most part still a little pain but not much as i did have. The good part about being 22 or younger is that your body can still heal it's self fast. When you get older it slows down and takes longer. A one day turn around for the amount of pain i had is great. Yeah you do have something going on around MA and NH and NJ,NY,CT,ME,VT lol ot's called N1H1.:mad:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back