What you guys been up to?

So how are things? With all the New England people? Anything new?

Ahhhh, good ol New England. Yeh, Summer is coming to a close and soon Fall will be upon us. I didn't get anything accomplished with my Shooting Range. My buddy had job's this Summer with His equipment, which were paying job's. I guess I could have made up my sign's and pretty much everything else I could have gotten preped. Just a crappy Summer, with Dad passing, and really not much motivation. Got a few things finished around the homestead.....with Always plenty more to do! Now with the Rugrats back in school I can already see Fall League approaching which will be next. Work was dead for about 3 months until earlier this August and a shitload of work came in. Not complaining....glad I'm working. I know some of you are out of work, and I'm not in Your shoe's but I'm sure it sucks!
Next project is installing the Woodstove in the basement along with putting in a couple of registers including one on my Fathers side since He is no longer there and we need to keep that side of the house warm without turning on the thermostat. My theory is (I'm hoping), with the help of the woodstove in the basement, this will keep the basement and everything else down there warm, ei; cement wall's, pipes, ceiling, etc and the furnace will not come on as much and the Pellet stove on the first floor will not be coming on as much (thus saving on pellets and oil). Wood you ask? Why yes, I have plenty off wood, so that dept. is covered. The only other thing will be that I will burn it only when it's in the single digits like Jan and Feb. What the hell, I'll give it a try and see how it works. Other than that, I have'nt done much.......................:biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your Dad i know you said he was sick but i did not know he had passed along. Sounds like you will be nice and warm this winter and will save on money as well. I love the smell of freshly cut grass and the smell of burning wood from a wood stove or fire place. When it comes time to buy my own place that is top on my list of must haves love fire places and wood stoves. Not much is new up here still cant find work so I'm about to give up and start college and then maybe find a part time job at walmart or something on the weekend. I love the weather we are having people are starting to turn on the wood burning stoves and fire places. Nothing like the nice cool clean air smell around this time of the year. Love opening the door in the Am and going out and just breathing in the air ( lol i also do it when it's like 10 and 0- but not for as long). Hope all is well lets keep this topic alive for the New Englanders.

With a mild Winter last year (not counting the Ice storm) and a crappy Summer, I think this Winter is going to be interesting. I think we are going to get a long Winter along with more Ice storms into 2010. Look around you and you can see things that have changed, tree's didn't bloom this year, crop's, weather, etc. My neighbor next door has a peach tree that sheds at least 300+ peaches every year. This year not one grew nor did the tree even bloom this past Spring. The tree is not dead but still nice and green. My tree shed only 3 peaches. I've seen many dragon flies (huge!) in my front yard in just these two past weeks which have never happened before. You could not have walked out front without getting hit by one, that's how many there were. No more chipmunk's, etc. All these little things changing are telling us something. Well, at least I can tell anyway. Yeh, I do take things day by day, but in cases like this I like to be prepared. And I'm definately going to be prepared for this Winter! Enough of me jabbering, I guess I felt I had to write something on here........:laugh:

I am sorry about your dad bro. You and your family will be in my prayers. Nothing too much going on here. Got the day off on Friday so I will be heading to the range provided the weather holds out. I have just been sending some letters to reps and stuff. Got a few more antis to convert to the good side. You got to get that range up! haha I can't wait to see the finished product when it is all done. I can't believe the summer is over. I have not done much at all this year. Just work....work work work....I am thankful for that right now. My girl recently started a new job so that helps....more $$$ for toys for me :).......anyone got any hunting plans this year?

No hunting for me, never got into it. I'm ashamed because I have'nt even practiced! To expensive right now. Only thing is probably the .22LR that's affordable. Still, for me that's a poor excuse...........100 lashes..whip, whip, whip, ....................:hang3:

Is our great state of New Hampshire being invaded by the anti's from your (Sorry i have to say it, it's not you it's your state) Crappy state of MA. I have seen more MA plates in the past few months then i have seen in years up in my area. We don't really get much because we are next to the VT boarder not the MA board and we are at the other end of the state. It's driving me nuts but at the same time it's kinda of fun to play with them on the roads and call them Mass Holes. But come on STAY IN YOUR OWN bloody state LOL. I hear and read about nothing but problem's with people from mass ( 80% of the time it's the rich pricks) who come up to our state and see our gun laws and people carrying guns and flip out and call the cops. Even going as far as to demand to the police that they arrest us for carrying. Think the best was when i read that the cop turned and told them to shut up or they where going to jail. Sam you see any in your end of the state?

See it All the time...nothing new to me. Been like this for awhile now. Personally, I don't care if They come here or not. I just mind my own business.
As someone mentioned on here before........."don't fight/argue over which is better, concealment or open carry, but instead fight over keeping the Second Amendt."!

See it All the time...nothing new to me. Been like this for awhile now. Personally, I don't care if They come here or not. I just mind my own business.
As someone mentioned on here before........."don't fight/argue over which is better, concealment or open carry, but instead fight over keeping the Second Amendt."!

LOL, Nor do I. As for fighting over what carry method is best i don't even talk to them. I would come up here to if I lived in such a F***** state. Main reason they come up is to go shopping tax free and who can blame them. The people who run that state have really let the power they hold to go to their heads. They even tried to bully NH into making our state/stores tax people from MA who shop up here to avoid paying the sales tax.

I agree on the bullying part. I myself alone hate working in MA. because of all the crap BUT the pay is more over there. I grew up in MA., and of course have seen many changes, just like anywhere else. I'm about 18 miles north over the MA/NH line, and on weekends......forget it! ALL MA. plates! Stocking up on beer, cigg's, you name it they buy it.
I sure as hell don't miss their excise tax that's for sure. Their gun laws SUCK BIG time. All they do is make new laws but not enforce them. What the hell happened to the One Year in jail automatically if caught with a gun and not being legit? What the hell, no state is perfect nor is anyone perfect. That's like saying, MA. drivers can't drive". There are alot of people who cannot drive PERIOD! Yeh, there are things "they" do that I shake my head at, but I just look the other way. I am one person who does not make the eye contact and steers away from all confrontations.
You know, I think I totally lost your original question...or was there one?? I don't know, I'm just rambling on, and on. Don't mind me :wacko:

haha PRMA has a bad rep huh? Its all good. We arn't all bad down here (I would like to concider myself different than my PRMA fellow folk). I will say, PRMA is a hughe OBAMAMAMA state. We are a huge dem backing state. Hopefully we can change that

I agree on the bullying part. I myself alone hate working in MA. because of all the crap BUT the pay is more over there. I grew up in MA., and of course have seen many changes, just like anywhere else. I'm about 18 miles north over the MA/NH line, and on weekends......forget it! ALL MA. plates! Stocking up on beer, cigg's, you name it they buy it.
I sure as hell don't miss their excise tax that's for sure. Their gun laws SUCK BIG time. All they do is make new laws but not enforce them. What the hell happened to the One Year in jail automatically if caught with a gun and not being legit? What the hell, no state is perfect nor is anyone perfect. That's like saying, MA. drivers can't drive". There are alot of people who cannot drive PERIOD! Yeh, there are things "they" do that I shake my head at, but I just look the other way. I am one person who does not make the eye contact and steers away from all confrontations.
You know, I think I totally lost your original question...or was there one?? I don't know, I'm just rambling on, and on. Don't mind me :wacko:

LOL Na i had no point i was just rambling for the fun of it. I have no problem with people from any state coming up here to shop and have a good time. It's just fun to bitch to your self about out of stater's helps keep the day moving. I do however have a "HUGE PROBLEM" with the trash and thugs who come to our great state and commit crimes and rob/stab/shot and harm people. Now I'M not saying that NH does not have it's own share of thugs and dirt bags who want nothing more out of life then to sell drugs and be a player. I'M also not saying that our trash does not cross the board and do much of the same crap that other states trash does in ours. It's just nice living in a city that you know most of the people and can tell if something does not fit. Hell my city is getting to big and I'M thinking of moving the family to a small town to get away from it all. But have no fear I'M in no way a out of stater basher who tail gates and flips off anyone who is not from our state.

On a side note i did see something really funny in my local WalMart the other day. I saw a young man who was mentally challenged and in a wheelchair and on the back of his wheelchair he has this huge bumper stick across the back. That read as follows ' I don't brake for Yankee fans" it was made all the more funny because it was on his motorized wheelchair and not on a car. :biggrin::biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back