What would you do?

TLoK

TheLegendofKĕvō.com
You're visiting from out of town staying at a hotel nearby. You just left the range as it was closing. You're walking to your vehicle and you notice another vehicle parked next to yours, and it's the only other vehicle in the parking lot. But there are two people getting into the vehicle, so you assumed they were at the range and they're leaving too.

Once you're inside the vehicle, you take out your phone and start looking up the nearest decent restaurant. Then you notice that the driver of the vehicle next to yours has stepped out, and is looking over the top of your vehicle to someone who is apparently on the driver side. You turn to look out the driver side window into the mirror to see someone opening your driver side back door and get into the vehicle really quickly?

What would you do?

Again I would be wondering how they got past my locked doors. Prevention is a part of situational awareness. Y'all do lock your doors immediately when you get in your car.... right?

Again I would be wondering how they got past my locked doors. Prevention is a part of situational awareness. Y'all do lock your doors immediately when you get in your car.... right?
Good point. Most of the newer Vehicles lock the doors as soon as you put it in gear. Normally, I would start the vehicle as soon as I got in, put it in gear, and just hold the brake until I was ready to move. It's kind of a bad habit I developed because my trunk button is in the center of the center console of my old car, and my dog would step on the button which would Pop the trunk if the car was not in gear. For whatever reason, that bad habit didn't stick

Sent from my LG-M257 using Link Removed

Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
Good point. Most of the newer Vehicles lock the doors as soon as you put it in gear. Normally, I would start the vehicle as soon as I got in, put it in gear, and just hold the brake until I was ready to move. It's kind of a bad habit I developed because my trunk button is in the center of the center console of my old car, and my dog would step on the button which would Pop the trunk if the car was not in gear. For whatever reason, that bad habit didn't stick

I hit the door lock button immediately after closing the door.

If someone were to manage to bypass my watching folks around me and around my car as I approached my car and managed to get into my car before I locked the doors my first reaction would be to get the heck out of my car so I wouldn't be trapped in it with a stranger. And I wouldn't have any problem with walking away from my car while calling the police. Life is precious and even a car is cheap in comparison. I can always buy another car but I can't buy another life.

However if I couldn't get out and my life were threatened then I might be forced to fire through the back of my seat and then get out of my car.

But the common theme is for me to escape the situation as soon as I am able.

And I would not take my pet with me in my car unless in a carrier. Pets, no matter how much we love them, and the inside of a car often do not work out well.

However if I couldn't get out and my life were threatened then I might be forced to fire through the back of my seat and then get out of my car.

But the common theme is for me to escape the situation as soon as I am able.

Okay, so there's one area of improvement. My first action process was not to get out of the car. That was my second action about 10 seconds later.

If I am the only one getting in the car, I only hit unlock on the fob once, which unlocks only the drivers door.

You're visiting from out of town staying at a hotel nearby. You just left the range as it was closing. You're walking to your vehicle and you notice another vehicle parked next to yours, and it's the only other vehicle in the parking lot. But there are two people getting into the vehicle, so you assumed they were at the range and they're leaving too.

Once you're inside the vehicle, you take out your phone and start looking up the nearest decent restaurant. Then you notice that the driver of the vehicle next to yours has stepped out, and is looking over the top of your vehicle to someone who is apparently on the driver side. You turn to look out the driver side window into the mirror to see someone opening your driver side back door and get into the vehicle really quickly?

What would you do?

The first thing that comes to mind, so the thing that would I would have probably done if that had happened to me before I had time to think about it in advance, is dive towards the passenger seat floorboard, pulling my gun off my hip and start shooting the guy in my back seat. I don't like the idea of shoot first, ask questions later, but this would freak me the f*k out enough to do it. After that? I think probably my next reaction would be to open the passenger door and scramble out? If I saw the other guy coming around (through the windshield or driver's side window) I might at least point my gun at him instead.

With having been asked the question, I'd say now that I'd get out immediately and if possible close the driver's side back door, while moving to the back of the other car for a good defensive position...and if not possible to close the driver's side back door, I'm not sure but maybe climb over their car. I pictured their car is on my driver's side...if it's on the passenger side, then I'd just go straight to the back of my car while still trying to slam my back door shut.

If I am the only one getting in the car, I only hit unlock on the fob once, which unlocks only the drivers door.
I'd pull a Jackie Chan on him, spin around into a full Clint Eastwood, drop him with a Bruce Lee roundhouse, and then render him harmless with a Charles Bronson hammerlock.

Or I'd just do what XD said.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

I'd pull a Jackie Chan on him, spin around into a full Clint Eastwood, drop him with a Bruce Lee roundhouse, and then render him harmless with a Charles Bronson hammerlock.

Or I'd just do what XD said.

Sent from my XT1650 using Link Removed

What? No James Bond ejection seat?

Beans are a major portion of my diet. NOBODY! stays in the back seat of my car for very long. Actually sometimes even I can't stay in the car at all.

What would you do?

Bolded text is the biggest mistake after not locking your doors. You have determined that there is a car sitting next to you with two occupants you do not know and you are in a strange city. To reduce your situational awareness in this scenario by looking at your phone is not wise.

My reaction would be escape first, fight second, die third (because I let this get way beyond where it should have in the first place).

If we gloss over the two primary errors, and just assume we are in the situation where two people are getting into our unlocked car, and we are only aware of it,
when they get in the car, one is faced with two situations;

Very little hope of regaining the initiative, against two bad guys, and
Bailing out of your POV, and now, at best, being a pedestrian, in a bad neighborhood.
Did I forget to mention Cardio? RUN...

What would you do?

I would have known where I was going next before I got in my car. I make a point of not hanging out in my car. I get in, lock it, start it up and go.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back