What would you do?

croute

OK, here's a good philosophical question for everyone. I know what most of you will say without thinking, but please carefully consider all the details before responding.

Situation: you work at a company that's adamantly against carrying firearms on campus. Company policy clearly states that employees aren't allowed to carry on campus. There is a mass shooting threat toward the company.

This is the best job you ever had with a great boss, great pay and great benefits. The last thing you want is to lose this job, despite your objection to the no-carry rule.

So, what would you do? Risk your job by carrying to defend yourself if/when the situation arises, or forgo carrying because you'd be more devastated if you lost your job?

I would secretly carry. Of my choices to CCW I'd carry something that would not, could not print.
I'd also imagine that in the scenario above, the company would have addressed the issue of the mass shooting threat at an all employee town hall meeting or equivalent. In that meeting I'd try to get someone else to ask if the company is now paying for armed security and or will now allow CCWs at least on a temporary basis. If nobody mentions it, I would do so myself in a quiet way so as to not draw too much attention to myself.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever had a job (since I was a kid) where carrying a gun wasn't an explicit job requirement.

OK, here's a good philosophical question for everyone. I know what most of you will say without thinking, but please carefully consider all the details before responding.

Situation: you work at a company that's adamantly against carrying firearms on campus. Company policy clearly states that employees aren't allowed to carry on campus. There is a mass shooting threat toward the company.

This is the best job you ever had with a great boss, great pay and great benefits. The last thing you want is to lose this job, despite your objection to the no-carry rule.

So, what would you do? Risk your job by carrying to defend yourself if/when the situation arises, or forgo carrying because you'd be more devastated if you lost your job?
That's me every day.

I carry against policy. I'll be fired and charged with criminal trespass if ever found out.

Thanks for your responses. I'm honestly thrilled with them. I expected the usual "are you nuts?" comments and I appreciate the honest feedback. I definitely have to think hard about what to do.

Thanks for your responses. I'm honestly thrilled with them. I expected the usual "are you nuts?" comments and I appreciate the honest feedback. I definitely have to think hard about what to do.
You're looking at deep-conceal methods. This means a slower draw so take that into account.

Are you frequently in close proximity to the same people everyday? They're more likely to notice.

Do you have to put on muk boots, or a 5-point harnes, or any other restricting item? Don't put your holster in those locations.

You're looking at sub-compact or micro guns. This means reduced capacity and effective range. Take that into account.

Get a feel for your work environment before you carry. Do you perform a movement that prints your gun. Is there someone who likes to touch others.

When you decide to test the waters, do not use your gun. Improvise a "holster" and put a thick wallet in it, or an epi-pen, something socially acceptable if noticed so you don't get canned.

Dark colors, heavy fabrics, get it tailored.

And keep your mouth shut.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back