What would you do? OC or CC

daddyo

M. Todd Bayliss
So, I'm on my way to work this morning at about 4am and realize I probably ought to get some go-juice. Work has a "no weapons" policy, so my normal routine is to clip my IWB holster to my belt and just OC out to the car and for the drive in. Then when I get to work, I stick holster and all into a behind the seat pocket. This morning, as I was pulling into the gas station I had to decide whether to cover up or not while pumping the gas. Not wanting to alarm the sheeple, I decided to untuck my shirt a little on the right then head for the restroom as soon as I got to work to "tighten-up".

Just wondering what other folks do.

I CC wherever legal. I'm certain that CC is allowed everwhere my permits are valid, so I carry concealed. It also gives me a tactical advantage should some BG try something. :wink:

Don't like OC unless it's necessary (like in a restaurant in VA). :icon_sad:

gf

Open or concealed is legal in TN. I would have done the same thing you did. I prefer to keep concealed whenever possible. I prefer only I know I am armed. As was said, I feel it gives you a tactical advantage.

So, I'm on my way to work this morning at about 4am and realize I probably ought to get some go-juice. Work has a "no weapons" policy, so my normal routine is to clip my IWB holster to my belt and just OC out to the car and for the drive in. Then when I get to work, I stick holster and all into a behind the seat pocket. This morning, as I was pulling into the gas station I had to decide whether to cover up or not while pumping the gas. Not wanting to alarm the sheeple, I decided to untuck my shirt a little on the right then head for the restroom as soon as I got to work to "tighten-up".

Just wondering what other folks do.

Pumping gas, a lot of times I'm OC. When I drive, I tuck behind me my untucked shirt so I can access with the seatbelt on. I just conceal myself against the truck & the gas pump shields me otherwise. I'll change things around if I have to walk in for anything. Otherwise, I'm CC all-the-way.

Me personally I would leave it whichever way I was OC or CC.

To me it's not what or how you carry, it's that you do carry. :h:

I can not OC in Florida but if I could I would still carry concealed. Like many have said I'd rather noone know I have it until I need it. Having it OC could make you the first target in an attack. Since the BD knows you can fight back.

Having it OC could make you the first target in an attack. Since the BD knows you can fight back.

Or it could make him choose another target/time/location since he knows he would meet an armed response.

That is why I think it is up to each individual to choose whether to OC or CC...whatever is right for them and what they want to do.

I always CC unless hunting, on private property, in my house or something of that nature. There's really no reason to OC in public. Concealment offers a tremendous tactical advantage of surprise and it also means that no one can take your gun from behind.

As far as pumping gas though, if someone tries something, drawing my gun would not be my immediate response in an environment where flammable gasoline fumes are present. Since I already have a grip and the movement would be more natural, my first reaction would be to spray them with gasoline.

As long as OC was legal which it is in my state and I was already carrying that way I would remain that way. I see the value in the surprise factor but there is also a deterence factor to be considered and the speed with which an OC draw facilitates easy to do one handed as well.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages it largely comes down to a matter of personnal preference.

I've done the exact same thing, (untuck a little of the shirt to conceal), but I have to be very aware that by doing so, my draw is severly limited and slowed. An open shirt can be flicked away, but if just a part of my shirt is untucked, it has to be forceably yanked from my waist line to allow for a decent grip while drawing.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back