What would you do after the shooting?

CAPTAIN MIKE

CAPTAIN MIKE
As both a firearms instructor and attorney it's my opinion that many self-defense shooting courses around the country do a pretty good job of teaching the 'How To' aspect of shooting but many overlook the 'Now What?' component that is surely to follow the use of a firearm in a self-defense shooting.

That's why a friend of mine (who's a police officer / instructor) and I co-authored an article in Concealed Carry magazine that directly addressed this topic. It looks at the most practical aspects of how to handle the post-event protocol in terms of dealing with law enforcement, calling 9-1-1, what not to say, etc. Written from the joint perspectives of both a police officer and an attorney (both of whom are also instructors), it's down-to-earth and practical. As a courtesy to my fellow members of this forum, I'd be glad to send it to you. Write me at [email protected] and I'll send it your way.

Thank you, Mike. I'm interested in reading your article. I know that this area has been debated on this site before but a clear and concise course of action is a lot better than conjecture. My email is on the way.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back