What woud have done in this situation?

CCW357

Link Removed .
Unbelieveable this happened. It s only getting worse.

Racism is ugly, no matter which group is victimized.

If it had been me in the same position, someone would probably have been killed.

While many would look at this and say "Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt.", I would say that the true direct cost will be far higher, in Akron and the rest of the country.

When petty thugs, of any color or self identified group, successfully victimize innocents, it encourages an escalation on the perpetrators side (see, we didn't even get caught!), as well as a model for others entertaining similar thoughts.

While I will fight for anyone's first amendment right to have and voice stupid opinions (It's a black world! or White Power!), when they begin affecting other's rights to peace and safety, then it is time to act. One thug on the pavement with a bullet in his or her behind would have made these hooligans think twice before attacking someone else.

One Gun against 50 kids?? Hummm..
Here is my 1st thought..
I would say, if you pull it, you better empty it.. With that many people, there is a chance (a small chance) someone could take the gun from you (You cant shoot 15 people all coming at you at once). If you empty the clip, at least they can't use it against you and your family..
Sure if you get off the 1st shot, everyone backs away, you're good.. But if they don't back off.. You better be ready to empty it and hope none of the 50 are armed..

What are the chances out of 50 thugs, there is at least one gun????

in Texas, you don't have to take a beating before drawing firearm
once threat is realized (50 thugs) and "fear for my life" felt.....
one can draw weapon and start shooting
but how many shots fired and how many killed may play a part in if you get charged or not!!

Here is my 1st thought..
I would say, if you pull it, you better empty it.. With that many people, there is a chance (a small chance) someone could take the gun from you (You cant shoot 15 people all coming at you at once). If you empty the clip, at least they can't use it against you and your family..
Sure if you get off the 1st shot, everyone backs away, you're good.. But if they don't back off.. You better be ready to empty it and hope none of the 50 are armed..

I understand what you are saying but I will not go down without a fight. If it is meant for me and my family to die we won't go alone.

Speaking from my armchair...I'd say after the first one is hit...I don't know if they're be too many eager to be #2.

As long as they're advancing, keep pulling the trigger and hope like hell you have spare clips on ya.

Here is my 1st thought..

You don't have to see weapons to have a clear disparity of force situation here. Pulling out the pistol and threatening to shoot the first ones coming closer may be your only way to avoid the situation.

That's true...but really...if it got to that point, analyzing the law would be the last thing on my mind. Survival would be first. 50 people running towards you yelling and seemingly intent on doing you and yours harm....I really could give a s*$t what the law said.

You don't have to see weapons to have a clear disparity of force situation here. Pulling out the pistol and threatening to shoot the first ones coming closer may be your only way to avoid the situation.

The "White Power" nut jobs will have a field day with this. What i don't get is where is Rev Jesse Jackson Or Al Sharpton? Had this been a group of 50 white teens on a black family they would show up like Crap flies on freshly found crap. We would see this being called a hate crime and a demand for the police to do something. We would see marches in the streets and so on. Things like this just add wood to the fire.:mad:

Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton won't show up until they have some suspects and/or arrest in this case. It won't be to their advantage until they have a scumbag to exploit!

That's why I like carrying the XD-40 and at least one spare mag. I've got 12+1 in the gun, and 12 more in my pocket. Plus the P-11 with 10 more (sometimes).

And I would think that since none of the punks produced a gun during the hassle, they were probably relying on sheer numbers to intimidate the family. Once two or three of them went down, the rest of them probably wouldn't feel so big. And in a crowd of 50, it wouldn't be too hard to start hitting targets. Like fish in a barrel.

And I wouldn't pull my gun and threaten them. If it comes out, it's going to be fired. In Florida, there is no responsibility to back down when confronted - if you are in fear of your life and/or that of your family (and I would think that being confronted by 50 punks would qualify), you may use deadly force.

And I wouldn't pull my gun and threaten them. If it comes out, it's going to be fired. In Florida, there is no responsibility to back down when confronted - if you are in fear of your life and/or that of your family (and I would think that being confronted by 50 punks would qualify), you may use deadly force.[/quote]

Punks out to do damage to me or my family deserve what they get. It does'nt matter if they are black or white if they are bent on doing harm. I would pull my M&P 45 auto and empty it. By then I hope the ones left will be smart enough to run before i slap in the next mag

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!

I agree, there's a different standard in the media and in some peoples minds...but really I couldn't care less what color the 50 are running towards me. I'll shoot white, black, asian, eskimo, hispanic...you name it. If they're intent on doing harm...F 'em.

I like to believe I'm equal opportunity when it comes to protecting the family....you (the BG's) can all die equally.

The "White Power" nut jobs will have a field day with this. What i don't get is where is Rev Jesse Jackson Or Al Sharpton? Had this been a group of 50 white teens on a black family they would show up like Crap flies on freshly found crap. We would see this being called a hate crime and a demand for the police to do something. We would see marches in the streets and so on. Things like this just add wood to the fire.:mad:

I agree, there's a different standard in the media and in some peoples minds...but really I couldn't care less what color the 50 are running towards me. I'll shoot white, black, asian, eskimo, hispanic...you name it. If they're intent on doing harm...F 'em.

I like to believe I'm equal opportunity when it comes to protecting the family....you (the BG's) can all die equally.

Yeah same here. LOL.

What would you have done?

If you pulled a pistol you had better used it or some one in that crowd would have taken it away from you. It's a shame America has gotten in this condition. I remember a time when this would not have happened. There was crime but not like there is now. You will not see the Race Baiters out to desparage the behaviour of these jerks. The hate crimes are only for the minorities. I did not carry for years but now every where I go "Poncho" is with me, if it is legal. In Ga. there are some funny restrictions on where you can carry. We are finally getting a rewritting of the old laws but they are only doing a few a year. Be careful and aware of your surroundings.

Wow.

Honestly, I probably would've instructed my family to get in the house and lock the doors, ready to call 911. Then I would've ignored the group's verbal attempts to get me to fight first hoping they would just move on. Not sure I would've pulled since I only carry a single clip. Also, I would not want to pull my gun killing one or two knowing they could overpower and take the gun from me, killing me, and possibly my family.

Hard to say, though, unless you're in that situation. I agree we cannot let this happen in America. I will also start carrying a second clip, even though it's heavy.

Wow.

Honestly, I probably would've instructed my family to get in the house and lock the doors, ready to call 911. Then I would've ignored the group's verbal attempts to get me to fight first hoping they would just move on. Not sure I would've pulled since I only carry a single clip. Also, I would not want to pull my gun killing one or two knowing they could overpower and take the gun from me, killing me, and possibly my family.

Hard to say, though, unless you're in that situation. I agree we cannot let this happen in America. I will also start carrying a second clip, even though it's heavy.

So what about the family friend who the mob is attacking? Would you just leave him to be beat and maybe killed? While you hide in side the house watching him get beat to death? Remember the only reason the guy jumped into the fight is because the mod was attacking a family friend.

So what about the family friend who the mob is attacking? Would you just leave him to be beat and maybe killed? While you hide in side the house watching him get beat to death? Remember the only reason the guy jumped into the fight is because the mod was attacking a family friend.

Sorry, I forgot about him from the story. Edit my original story to say, "I'd instruct everybody at my party to get inside the house..."

Knowing my buddy, he'd be packing and standing beside me. I would completely lay down my life for his.

Sorry, I forgot about him from the story. Edit my original story to say, "I'd instruct everybody at my party to get inside the house..."

Knowing my buddy, he'd be packing and standing beside me. I would completely lay down my life for his.

Yes but you miss the point yet again. In the story the friend had already been engaged. Remember he was standing on the porch and the Mob came up and yelling "This is our world and it's a black world" Then started beating him. So you maybe able to tell everyone else to go inside but one of your friends is all ready in the fight and is no longer by your side. You would have a few seconds to act Jump into the fight and try and help or draw a weapon and end the fight? It's one of them catch 22's really. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. I would not wish this on anyone.

This is a horrible scenario. F*** color, F*** race, threaten my family, and you never see the light of tomorrow. I would have shot the first one on me and watched the other run, a gun is scarier in real life, and I think those jerks would have wet their pampers

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back