What woud have done in this situation?

perhaps it is time that some of us "other" people should have our own team of civil rights rabble rousers to charge in and make noise and press when we are victims of hate crimes?
Question is who could we get that would have the visibility to draw the press?
:pleasantry:

It would draw the press....don't worry about that. The first question they'd ask our side was...where are our white hoods. Or the question would start something like "So why do you hate these poor individuals who are just trying to express the rage they have?" Somehow, the it's the victim's fault.

Our side...and I don't mean white or black or whatever, will never be welcome by the press....we like GUNS! And Rule of Law. And believe in GOD.

We should be lucky, in their eyes, that we are allowed to live among the enlightened ones. We're hillbillies to them.
Don't worry....they'll fix us. They have plans for our side.

So while I understand your idea....I doubt it would have the desired effect.

perhaps it is time that some of us "other" people should have our own team of civil rights rabble rousers to charge in and make noise and press when we are victims of hate crimes?
Question is who could we get that would have the visibility to draw the press?
:pleasantry:

In Georgia where I have a CCL, the rule of thumb is "if any reasonable person in the same circumstances would believe their life is threatened," then deadly force is justifiable. Also, three factors go into this definition of "life being threatened." 1. The other person or persons have the ability to kill you. i.e.There are three of them and one of you. They had a deadly weapon like a bat, or knife, or just fists if they are must larger than you. 2. They have the opportunity to kill you. The person is close enough to actually harm you. If they are 100 yards away, you would not be justified in shooting them even if they met condition 1. Usually 30 feet or closer is considered close enough to someone to either shoot you or get to you in less that 3 seconds to inflict harm on you with their bare hands. 3. They must be intent on harming you. A person may meet condition 1 and 2 but not have any intention on harming you. They may show their intent in various ways. i.e. They may say, "I'm going to kill you!" They may banish their firearm. They may not stop approaching you when you command them to stop. If you sense a threat from a person approaching you and you command them to stop and they do not stop, this indicates their intent on harming you. Why else would they not stop and keep their distance? You may also read their body language and it shouts anger and murderous intent. Note all three conditions must be met. If anyone of them is missing you will probably not be justifiable in using deadly force.

When all three of these conditions are met, then any reasonable person in your circumstance would believe their life to be threatened. In Georgia there is no duty to retreat law, but I think if there is any way to avoid a gun fight, take it. You will always have two fights. The gun fight, then the legal fight afterwards. Even if the law says you were justifiable, the family of the person you shot may sue you in civil court.

My boss emailed me this story when it was first posted. My reply to him was, "gee, I thought two 15 round mags was enough. I guess I gotta start carrying four 15 round mags."

Soon gonna start to look like Rambo.:biggrin:

My boss emailed me this story when it was first posted. My reply to him was, "gee, I thought two 15 round mags was enough. I guess I gotta start carrying four 15 round mags."

A lot of people carry three mags two on the side and one in the gun. If you carry 9mm that's about 57 rounds. So you would have a few rounds left lol.

A lot of people carry three mags two on the side and one in the gun. If you carry 9mm that's about 57 rounds. So you would have a few rounds left lol.
Yeah, I have 15 rounders (.357 sig) plus one in the pipe. I'da been 4 rounds short. :biggrin:

Of corse if someone would have started popping off rounds, these wanna-be bad boys woulda scattered like cock roaches when the lights turn on.

Yeah, I have 15 rounders (.357 sig) plus one in the pipe. I'da been 4 rounds short. :biggrin:

Of corse if someone would have started popping off rounds, these wanna-be bad boys woulda scattered like cock roaches when the lights turn on.

Yes and no. Yes when the shots started to ring out they would have took off running. But for how long? How long before they all returned and but this time armed to the teeth with SKS's/ Choppers ( that's what gang bangers call the AK-47 so i have been told) handguns and shotguns. Then what? We have a little war going on? I know some people would say bring it on and suit up in their legal body armor and lock and load. Your single fire Ar-15 up against illegally made full auto Ak-47's.

LOL a few rounds short is not a good thing when in a gun fight. The new XD-m 9mm carry's what something like 20-21 rounds?

You could get something like this. LOL i think it's over kill and in no way would you be able to conceal it.

QuadG92.jpg
[/IMG]

i would start retreating with me between my family and the mob. i would not draw unless the attack seemed fatal. 50 to 1 or 2 is bad odds. if you killed a teen, espescially a non-gun carrying (note i did not say unarmed) kid. you better be prepared for all types of retaliation, criminal, civil and late night because the rest will find out where you live. better to fight another day. help the cops find them and accept what the law deals out and your lumps. better than losing a wife or child.

i would start retreating with me between my family and the mob. i would not draw unless the attack seemed fatal. 50 to 1 or 2 is bad odds. if you killed a teen, espescially a non-gun carrying (note i did not say unarmed) kid. you better be prepared for all types of retaliation, criminal, civil and late night because the rest will find out where you live. better to fight another day. help the cops find them and accept what the law deals out and your lumps. better than losing a wife or child.
50 to 1 or 2 is bad odds? I'd say that is a little under stated. "...unless the attack seemed fatal..." May I ask at what moment in this particular incident one would think it seems fatal?

They said it started when one teen, without any words or warning, blindsided and assaulted Marshall's friend as he stood outside with the others.
That is the moment I would draw and fire. No warning, no order to "Stop" or "Get back". One guy swinging with 49 of his friends watching, that is instant fear for my life or my friends life. He gets the first bullet, and the next one to come closer gets the next bullet.

The possibility of losing my gun or retaliation isn't a factor at that moment. If I have to choose between not pulling/shooting and getting the life beaten out of me, or pulling/shooting and possibly getting shot with my own gun, I'll take the odds of pulling and shooting. As for retaliation, I just might end up having to leave town, or even the state. Again, I'll accept that if it means saving my or my friends life.

Pull it until it clicks! :angry: Reload and do it again if need be.

Sounds to me like the punks just lucked up on the perfect group of unsuspecting Innocent people.

I suspect, if they happened to get the wrong group, i.e. Sheepdogs, a few of those little G's would've lost their lives that night. :yu:

First avoid if at all possible. If not, send the family to the safest location while while you're the rear guard, preferably not in-line with your family's retreat. Why? Probably a good chance some brave little gangster will stick a gun out of the crowd and if he fires at you, your family's in the line of fire. If the group continues to advance once you've pulled your weapon and gave them a verbal warning, they're targets.

... I would start retreating with me between my family and the mob. I would not draw unless the attack seemed fatal.

Definitely a tough scenario to envision and not one I think any of us hope to face. But, these sorts of things can and do happen. I agree, one must make that split-second assessment as to whether a situation requires the use of deadly force or not.

My wife and I found ourselves in a similar situation in 2006, leaving the Arlington Parks Mall, when about a dozen black kids harassed us. I say a dozen—to be truthful, there were a dozen there—but, there was really only one that genuinely wanted a fight, and two or three others who were willing to half-heartedly commit in an attempt to act tough.

After making the split-second assessment and reading the situation, I did not feel our lives were threatened. It was not a pleasant experience, but it did not warrant the use of deadly force.

These kids were not gang-bangers—they were black affluent teens who fancied themselves ghetto! I put myself between my wife and the more aggressive one and deescalated the situation by speaking to the eight or nine other kids who (I sensed) did not want trouble. I simply said, “This won’t end happy if your buddy doesn’t settle down.”

Homey’s buddies started pulling him back and admonishing him to, "knock it off man, you’re gonna get us in trouble!" With a little bit of persuasion, Homey backed down and the posse moved on. My wife and I, continuing to track the group, made our way to our Tahoe and continued on our way home.

BUT, this Akron group of 50 seemed bent on beating someone that night. I would argue that for every scenario you face, there will always be a number of ways in which you can respond. It is important to keep a clear head and not panic with a knee-jerk reaction! But, you might not always be able to retreat, especially if a group (like this one) is intent on harming someone.

If an individual or a mob begins threatening the lives of innocents, I’m going to take steps to eliminate the threat (or, 50 threats as the case may be!). And, if I draw, I'm shooting... if they keep coming… I’m shooting until I’m out of ammo! The end result would be 27 lead souvenirs given out to a good number of the party!

... If you killed a teen, you better be prepared for all types of retaliation.

With regards to retaliation, I recognize that is a very real possibility. But, according to the Link Removed, the Marshalls already say, “they fear retaliation at home or when they go outside.”

Fear of retaliation cannot be a consideration in the moment of that split-second assessment. That thought of hesitation might be the difference between you successfully exercising your right of self defense or your simply becoming another homicide statistic!

Do I fear loss of life and/or great bodily harm? If I do, I’m going to exercise my right to self defense and do whatever it takes to STOP the threat!

The Marshalls say they fear retaliation at home or when they go outside. They are considering arming themselves, but they're concerned about the possible problems that come with guns.

Umm, you were standing somewhere minding your own business, what problems can a gun cause at this point?
Get good training, follow the law and protect your family, because YOU should know better than anyone that the Police won't be there to save you.

This is why I carry a Glock on duty 52 rounds of 9mm. I'm not saying I could have taken all of them because well i couldn't have, I probably wouldn't have been able to swap mags before they took it from me. However, I refuse to be a victim of a criminals mercy.

i belive people who become part of a mob are cowards who wouldn't do the the stuff thier doing alone. if u shoot the first couple of people out in front of the mob the rest would scatter like cockaroaches.

I would put myself between them and my family and tell them to run the second I draw. This way they can put distance between themselves and the thugs. As for me, once I draw, I will fire and keep fireing as long as they keep coming towards me or until Im empty.

The "White Power" nut jobs will have a field day with this. What i don't get is where is Rev Jesse Jackson Or Al Sharpton? Had this been a group of 50 white teens on a black family they would show up like Crap flies on freshly found crap. We would see this being called a hate crime and a demand for the police to do something. We would see marches in the streets and so on. Things like this just add wood to the fire.:mad:

You hit the nail on the head right there. We had a situation out here in Kansas City recently where a Mother and Daughter * White * where driving home from an event when two car loads of rival black people open fire on each other on the highway catching the Mother and Daughter in the cross fire and killing the both. It made national news, but no rallies, no Al or Rev. Jesse on the podium talking about racism and wrongful death. Let the roles be reversed and you wouldn't hear the end of it from the NAACP, Jesse or Al. Something doesn't compute there.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back